MyMagic+ testing beginning with limited number of Annual Passholders during the next few weeks

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yet another card? what the hell? the indication should be right on the AP card itself. how stupid is this.

You have a card that Ids you asthe ap... And has a unique RFID chip...

You have a band that also uniquely Ids you...

Yet they need yet a third card now to say if you get discounts??

I thought the new ap design has parking indications on it didn't it?

Edit: isn't the only pass in Florida that doesn't have parking the seasonal pass? Why not just have a different card design for the seasonal pass?

disney4life2008

Yet another card? what the hell? the indication should be right on the AP card itself. how stupid is this.

Edit: isn't the only pass in Florida that doesn't have parking the seasonal pass? Why not just have a different card design for the seasonal pass?

LOL I agree with everything you said. The new AP design does say free parking - at least mines but I got mines right before they changed everything in May

JohnD

So let me get this straight, Disney is finally addressing FP+ for APs, and you're still complaining? There is just no pleasing some people.

WDWDad13

for 7 days at a time only?! this is not good when some vacate for 10-15 days at a time

does anyone know if you stay on property for more than 7 days so you get to reserve FP+ for all the days?

Tinous

HA! As soon as I saw the news I knew I would have to come here to hear all the whining! And sure enough, it's fantastic quality whining at that....

7 days rolling sounds like a great way to implement it. It means you always get at least a full week ahead of FP+ bookings.

Can't wait to see how they handle off-site guests - probably a similar mechanic, number of days on your pass, up to 7 rolling days.

JohnD

HA! As soon as I saw the news I knew I would have to come here to hear all the whining! And sure enough, it's fantastic quality whining at that....

7 days rolling sounds like a great way to implement it. It means you always get at least a full week ahead of FP+ bookings.

Can't wait to see how they handle off-site guests - probably a similar mechanic, number of days on your pass, up to 7 rolling days.

It's that way already. Before this test, if you're an AP, and you've stayed at a resort since the MM+ rollout, you have access to FP+ in advance going forward. For example, I'm going back to WDW in April. My window for that trip doesn't open up until early February. But I can make FP+ from today to 60 days out if I want. And, yes, I'm already limited to the 7 days rolling now, if not staying in a resort.

The test just expands what I already have to APs with or without staying at a resort. So, it's nothing new.

ParentsOf4

It does mean onsite guests will have a slight advantage over AP holders.

Onsite = 60 days + length of stay

APH = 60 days

From a practical perspective, I doubt the advantage will mean much. Only the uber planners will book their FP+ selections right at 60 days plus length of stay. Given what we've seen so far, this should give AP holders fairly good access to the desirable FP+ selections.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Here's a thought.. why would they test a direction they have no interest in pursuing? What does the card offer that that could not be achieved with the existing card you have?

Disney is leading you up to a cliff... and telling you to walk off the edge. Don't worry.. it's just a test. And your suggest waiting till you hit the ground to make any decisions about if the idea was a good one or not.

I don't need to walk off the cliff to recognize that Disney apparently doesn't trust their own AP cards to convey simple concepts.

It's not about being miserable... it's about opening your eyes vs being sheep.

Here you're just eager to get FP+ availability.. and blinded by that token you're willing to ignore everything else. I'm not as desperate.
Here is another thought....Do you think they might want to see how the three systems work on their own before the combine them into a single chip? Or another thought...separating them into 3 cards could possible make trouble shooting easier.

freediverdude

It sounds like this gold or black card is basically for parking, they're worried about people lending their AP's to others for parking, so they're going to want people to show the gold pass plus an ID that matches the name to get through the toll plazas.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Here is another thought....Do you think they might want to see how the three systems work on their own before the combine them into a single chip? Or another thought...separating them into 3 cards could possible make trouble shooting easier.

This makes no sense because the execution this new 'test' gives already exists in the mainstream system. People who have a previous stay can already do what this test enables in the park.. so there is no 'separate system' when it comes to actual execution of the FP+ in the parks.

As described, the card is not what you use for FP+... it's doubtful it's even swiped for the POS systems because introducing YAD (yet another database) is not easier.. and even if you did do that, why would you introduce card numbers or entitlements that are from yet another train.. vs just selectively using the existing AP numbers?

I can see two ways introducing cards makes sense.. and both require the card to be active media, not just a plastic card flashed to prove an entitlement.

1) The card is active and is functionality different from the current AP cards. Meaning to move forward Disney would be replacing all AP cards... again. Failure last time around.
Or
2) The card is active and is used to give people an ADDITIONAL token that is easily revoked without impacting their regular ticket/AP entitlements. A huge kludge to compensate for the inability to manipulate entitlements in the mainstream system.

And both of these require testers to compensate for Disney's weaknesses.

The only practical path I can see for introducing YATM (Yet Another Ticket Medium) for the test is the existing AP cards are lame ducks.

Last edited:

JohnD

I would suggest taking part in the test. If you have any concerns before going in, you can determine for yourself if still warranted. Or you may have other concerns or ideas after taking part. Any feedback to WDW will have more validity coming from an "AP Tester" than someone who hasn't taken part in a test.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It sounds like this gold or black card is basically for parking, they're worried about people lending their AP's to others for parking, so they're going to want people to show the gold pass plus an ID that matches the name to get through the toll plazas.

If Disney was so worried about this... don't you think they would have at least addressed the ways you can just drive on property and park for free without even bothering to borrow something from a friend?

Or how about just checking the AP against an ID? Adding ANOTHER card doesn't address anything when it comes to loaning cards out. The new card is not some stronger form of ID.. it's just another card to pass around.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would suggest taking part in the test. If you have any concerns before going in, you can determine for yourself if still warranted. Or you may have other concerns or ideas after taking part. Any feedback to WDW will have more validity coming from an "AP Tester" than someone who hasn't taken part in a test.
Personally, I am not in the least bit worried about it. If we had renewed our AP's this year I would happily take part in the test, but as luck would have it, we will not be renewing until after all this testing has taken place.

Until then I will just enjoy the online rage.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom