MyMagic+ testing beginning with limited number of Annual Passholders during the next few weeks

freediverdude

If Disney was so worried about this... don't you think they would have at least addressed the ways you can just drive on property and park for free without even bothering to borrow something from a friend?

Or how about just checking the AP against an ID? Adding ANOTHER card doesn't address anything when it comes to loaning cards out. The new card is not some stronger form of ID.. it's just another card to pass around.

From what it sounds to me, this won't be an additional card, the current card will be going away (or just won't be used most of the time), and you'll have a magic band and either a gold or black card.

sjhym333

If you read the info carefully it says that it is an AP test which means that the people who get to do it will only be participating for the length of the test. They will get MagicBands but it seems that the toll plaza's will not be able to tell if their AP status allows them free parking or not. So Disney is issuing gold and black cards which you will present at the toll plaza for parking and discounts. My guess is that this will only be the norm during the testing and the system fully recognizes AP holders who are not resort guests.

flynnibus

Premium Member
From what it sounds to me, this won't be an additional card, the current card will be going away (or just won't be used most of the time), and you'll have a magic band and either a gold or black card.

So to your point... why couldn't I just loan my gold card to someone else?
And if the new cards will replace the old cards... why didn't Disney have enough foresight just last year to give out the right kind of cards last year when they did the AP to AP-RFID swap outs.

There is more to the story... or Disney are complete buffoons.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They will get MagicBands but it seems that the toll plaza's will not be able to tell if their AP status allows them free parking or not.

Why not? The existing card design tells them. Same thing with discounts... the existing card design already conveys these entitlements visually.

You don't need another card to figure those things out visually. The only thing would be is if the status were to be read via the card digitally in some way.. and either 1) the old APs don't have what is needed or 2) Disney can't make it work with the old APs temporarily

sjhym333

So to your point... why couldn't I just loan my gold card to someone else?
And if the new cards will replace the old cards... why didn't Disney have enough foresight just last year to give out the right kind of cards last year when they did the AP to AP-RFID swap outs.

There is more to the story... or Disney are complete buffoons.
No. You won't be able to give it to a friend because they are also going to be asking for a picture id to confirm it is you. Again...its a test not a full roll out to AP holders

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
This is exactly what I assumed would happen, given that it's exactly what an AP-er who has had a resort stay has access to.

My only question would be the bands. What happens to AP-ers who already have a magic band (because they've had a resort stay since the roll-out)? Will those bands remain active? Will they be inactivated, forcing AP-ers to purchasr this new band? It seems silly to make people purchase a brand new band when they have a perfectly functioning one already, but then again, they send new magic bands to people every time they make a reservation, whether they need them or not.

sjhym333

I have heard from several people that AP holders who have stayed at the resorts were only able to make FP+ reservations for a limited time after their stay and eventually they were unable to access the system. I don't know if this is true or not. Just something I heard

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have heard from several people that AP holders who have stayed at the resorts were only able to make FP+ reservations for a limited time after their stay and eventually they were unable to access the system. I don't know if this is true or not. Just something I heard

It's not.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It seems silly to make people purchase a brand new band when they have a perfectly functioning one already, but then again, they send new magic bands to people every time they make a reservation, whether they need them or not.

Yeah, Disney seems to have no qualms about just giving them away right now to make things easier on themselves... I see no way they would bother trying to charge AP users for these for awhile. It only can go badly...

culturenthrills

Can I just have a card. No band and a card or two cards or whatever. I just want to be able to use my card. I really hope we aren't forced into Magicbands for AP holders. I really hope we have a choice.

ratherbeinwdw

N

Nice. I heard the windows is 60 days. Hope that is not true so you can still continue to use it
I am 71 days out from my last trip. I think the 60 days is how many days in advance you can make fp selections, not the number of days since your onsite visit. I just went to my account and checked to see how far it will let me make reservations, and it's at 61 days out. Maybe they don't count today.
Our next visit is in May. I hope things don't change too much before then.

ratherbeinwdw

I always put my card in a lanyard and in November I hooked my band on the lanyard, so it's really no big deal to me. I was fine with the card, but I'm not stressed-out with the band--yet. As long as I don't have to wear it on my wrist, I'm okay with it.

Rob562

Presumably this means AP holders can make a total of up to 42 days worth of FP+ selections per year without staying onsite.

No, they can make 365 days' worth of FP+ reservations. They're just limited to 7 *active* days at any one time.
After you have 7 days of reservations, you'll need to either use a day, cancel a day or allow your earliest day to auto-expire when it becomes that date before you can make another day.

I've said it in a few places, but I'll repeat that I think they should expand the AP to 10 days' worth of FP+ to match the maximum number you can have on a MYW ticket.

-Rob

JohnD

N

Nice. I heard the windows is 60 days. Hope that is not true so you can still continue to use it

The window is 60 days from today, meaning it will be 60 days from tomorrow, and 60 days from the day after that. Just like the testing, you cannot make rolling FP+ for more than 7 days, which I learned from @Rob562 BTW, unless you stay at resort. Then you can make FP+ for the length of your stay.

JohnD

I got my AP and band in August and have had access right through. I do have a new reservation for Feb now, but I could book FP in December prior to booking my next trip.

Yes, but that was probably because you stayed at a resort. I got my AP last Sept/Oct at the same time I stayed at POFQ. At the trip there were no MBs but I did go back Veterans Day weekend and stayed at AS-S, where I received an MB. Just like you, I have a trip in April. My 60 day window for that trip opens up in early February but I could make FP+ if I want to right now for 60 days from today. But my AP access was predicated on staying at a resort already, which I've done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom