MyMagic+ rollout to accelerate with reworked 'My Disney Experience' and expansion of offsite FP+

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Plenty of blind pixie dusters in the comments on these outside articles. Wonder how many are on the payroll

But remember when it was OK to be a Pixie Duster, TWDC just kept coming up with more and more good stuff year in and out. I MISS those days. Like the time a group of us from work all Disney fans went down and rented a Tree House v 1.0 back in the 80's. Sadly it's not the same TWDC anymore these days.

vinnya1726

My guess is that your last sentence is exactly Disney's goal.

And with more guests staying onsite, Disney makes more money so they can build all these amazing attractions that everyone on these boards say Disney needs to build now or universal is going to overtake them.

RAXIP

Update: Magic Band only testing will expand to all Disney Resorts by late January.

Just a reminder that KttW cards will still be available upon request, but will not have an active mag stripe and cannot use legacy FASSPASS.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And with more guests staying onsite, Disney makes more money so they can build all these amazing attractions that everyone on these boards say Disney needs to build now or universal is going to overtake them.

That's not the way TDO works, If you are staying there are too many attractions so they need to take some away.

kelknight84

According to another source:
The Walt Disney World Resort just announced that the MagicBands-only testing that recently took place at Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s All-Star Resorts was a success. For this reason (and as part of their ongoing test-and-adjust process for MyMagic+), the MagicBand-only test (which involves the complete elimination of the old "Key to the World" cards) will be expanding to include all Walt Disney World Resort hotels by late January 2014. As a result, all resort Guests will also be using Disney FastPass+ service exclusively.Testing will begin on the following dates (dates for resorts listed include any Disney Vacation Club accommodations):Monday, Jan. 6 – Disney’s Art of Animation ResortTuesday, Jan. 7 – Disney’s Port Orleans ResortWednesday, Jan. 8 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Coronado Springs ResortThursday, Jan. 9 – Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Spring Resort & SpaFriday, Jan. 10 – Disney’s Wilderness LodgeMonday, Jan. 13 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club ResortsTuesday, Jan. 14 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom LodgeWednesday, Jan. 15 – Disney’s BoardWalk InnThursday, Jan. 16 – Disney’s Contemporary ResortFriday, Jan. 17 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian ResortMonday, Jan. 20 – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So the new expected roll out date is spring 2014. Third time they have said it will be fully rolled out with all the bugs fixed. Hopefully they get it right this time. If not, and they push it back again, I have to wonder at what point do people (B.O.D. & general public) start to question their competence?

Never - until there is no more 'growth' at wdw

John

According to another source:
The Walt Disney World Resort just announced that the MagicBands-only testing that recently took place at Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s All-Star Resorts was a success. For this reason (and as part of their ongoing test-and-adjust process for MyMagic+), the MagicBand-only test (which involves the complete elimination of the old "Key to the World" cards) will be expanding to include all Walt Disney World Resort hotels by late January 2014. As a result, all resort Guests will also be using Disney FastPass+ service exclusively.Testing will begin on the following dates (dates for resorts listed include any Disney Vacation Club accommodations):Monday, Jan. 6 – Disney’s Art of Animation ResortTuesday, Jan. 7 – Disney’s Port Orleans ResortWednesday, Jan. 8 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Coronado Springs ResortThursday, Jan. 9 – Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Spring Resort & SpaFriday, Jan. 10 – Disney’s Wilderness LodgeMonday, Jan. 13 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club ResortsTuesday, Jan. 14 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom LodgeWednesday, Jan. 15 – Disney’s BoardWalk InnThursday, Jan. 16 – Disney’s Contemporary ResortFriday, Jan. 17 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian ResortMonday, Jan. 20 – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Great.......just effing great I leave for my trip Jan.22

Animaniac93-98

Update: Magic Band only testing will expand to all Disney Resorts by late January.

Just a reminder that KttW cards will still be available upon request, but will not have an active mag stripe and cannot use legacy FASSPASS.

Will legacy Fastpass be gone (as in deactivated) from the parks completely by the end of the month?

Captain Chaos

What? Are you serious? There were some who thought legacy FP would remain forever?

Plans always were to eliminate legacy FP. Corporate never had any intention of keeping it.

Yes, there were people who thought the legacy FP would stay... One board I am on, when we were discussing the removal of legacy FP, some of the people were blasting me and others for trying to promote mass hysteria and always bashing Disney... They even said DISNEY WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE REMOVE LEGACY FP...

Those people are trying real hard to back track some their statements...

asianway

What? Are you serious? There were some who thought legacy FP would remain forever?

Plans always were to eliminate legacy FP. Corporate never had any intention of keeping it.
Merf kept trying to tell them...pretty sure those heated debates(he was right of course) got him banned

Next Big Thing

Not entirely true. I used the KttW cards the other day and actually got double FP. One of them was a paper fastpass for Star Tours at 10:10, another for Star Tours at 10:50 with FP+.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Not entirely true. I used the KttW cards the other day and actually got double FP. One of them was a paper fastpass for Star Tours at 10:10, another for Star Tours at 10:50 with FP+.
This will no longer be the case by the end of the month. They've already done this for people staying at Pop and All-Stars. Now they are going resort wide with it.

Captain Chaos

I have a skin problem that doesn't allow me to wear mine on my wrist. On my trip in November, I wore mine on my lanyard. It worked great. Just make sure you have a long lanyard so you don't have to bend to put the band up to the readers at the park and on your resort door.
You don't have to wear the band either... When I used them in October, by the end of the day the band had gotten annoying so into the pocket it went...

My wife and I bought a 10 day no expiration date hopper a few years back, do i need to transfer tickets to a magic band or will i still be able to use "normal" fastpass on our upcoming February trip? I am trying to avoid FP+ at all costs. We have no idea what days we are even going to the parks and planning that far ahead takes all the fun out of it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom