MyMagic+ rollout to accelerate with reworked 'My Disney Experience' and expansion of offsite FP+

lentesta

Premium Member
Okay, so they anticipate having MM+ up and running before spring ends in late June. That seems doable.

That's also around the time that Diagon Alley opens, so it'll be interesting to see what the Disney marketing emphasizes with MM+.

I'm also interested in seeing how FP+ plays out for day guests. Legacy FP gave the unprepared a relatively fair shot at low waits in line, as long as they figured out FP while they were in the parks. With FP+, there's going to be less of an opportunity. Maybe offsite guests will learn to stay on site.

Tom

Beta Return
Okay, so they anticipate having MM+ up and running before spring ends in late June. That seems doable.

That's also around the time that Diagon Alley opens, so it'll be interesting to see what the Disney marketing emphasizes with MM+.

I'm also interested in seeing how FP+ plays out for day guests. Legacy FP gave the unprepared a relatively fair shot at low waits in line, as long as they figured out FP while they were in the parks. With FP+, there's going to be less of an opportunity. Maybe offsite guests will learn to stay on site.

My guess is that your last sentence is exactly Disney's goal.

rct247

The earliest you may see Legacy Fastpass turned off at another park other than Animal Kingdom (quite possible all 4) might be Monday, January 6, 2014, but for sure by the end of this month. Based on the work permits forum, there are also many permits in place to beginning removing Fastpass machines from locations as well which will likely happen once the Legacy turn off is labeled as a success. You can almost bet that they want to have most of it functioning by the Spring Break/Easter holiday season to allow them to use post Easter to summer "off season" to fix bugs and make improvements before it is heavily marketed in Summer 2014 and to also help combat the Diagon Ally hype.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Really, everything worked fine for me...although one time it wouldn't let me into the park...the CM insisted that I was using the wrong finger, even though it's the same finger I always use and use to gain access to the other parks on the trip....

cspencer96

The mobile app needs serious work. To me, it looks like it relies too much on web-based resources (much like the non-Cocoa architecture version of the Facebook app that we had a year or two ago), so it is ridiculously slow. They need to move to a structure where the app has basically everything it needs, and only pulls info from the servers to put together. Not only is that faster, but it also saves on data usage in the long run for the guest. I will say, though, on my most recent trip, there was only one time where the mobile app was an annoyance at all, and that was when the whole dining reservations system had to go down for maintenance, throwing a lot of it off. Other than that, with good cell service, my experience was very good.

SirLink

It'll be the play to internationals like myself, some Travel industry folks over here seem to think ... :cautious: ... Disney will allow the UK market and presumably all European markets the chance to reserve FP+ in advance, regardless of staying onsite or offsite. Also around that time I would assume more of the "personalization" aspects will come online around that time as well.

Last edited:

mousehockey37

Time to make sure I have hardcopy printouts of EVERYTHING regarding our April & November trips.... :(.

That's what I did on our last trip. Granted, at that time none of this was out yet, but even with looking at future trips, I'll still have my manila folder with me, with printouts of all my reservations and trip details. As much as agencies will tell you about how good a thing Travel Insurance is to have, Disney Insurance is just as important.

I know there isn't such a thing called Disney Insurance, but hey, when the system goes down and you're standing there with a paper confirming your dinner reservations and such, you'll be seated and enjoying others who are calling Disney and yelling that the app has erased their existence at the park.

It only takes up a little bit of space, but it can totally save your vacation to have a printed copy of anything you have reservations for, or spent money on in advance.

ratherbeinwdw

Problem #1 (for me) still exists - I H.A.T.E. wearing anything on my wrists.
I have a skin problem that doesn't allow me to wear mine on my wrist. On my trip in November, I wore mine on my lanyard. It worked great. Just make sure you have a long lanyard so you don't have to bend to put the band up to the readers at the park and on your resort door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom