MyMagic+ rollout to accelerate with reworked 'My Disney Experience' and expansion of offsite FP+

Tonka's Skipper

That is just what the testing was for, to the show the areas where there were issues and make changes for the better. It will be interesting to see what the final full plan looks like.

AKK

midwest_mice

Once they get those bugs fixed hopefully it will run much smoother. The App for mobile devices had quite a flaws for sure when I used it. One day I lost all of my selections, but on the regular website on a computer, they were all shown as still there. When I went to the Studios to their kiosk, they were not shown, but luckily the cast member was able to get me the FP+ selections I had initially made since I did right them down

msteel

Too bad there isn't a more specific timeline. I guess I will look for an update to the MDE app as a clue for changes. If I remember correctly they deployed a new version right before the AK testing started.

JimboJones123

Why is there still a 5-7 second delay in the Android app every time I tap something. And why does it register a tap every time I swipe. And WHY DOES IT SUCK???

TomHendricks

While I was at DisneyWorld back in October, staying at Bay Lake Tower I did a survey about the MyMagic+ and at the end of survey they asked if they could contact me in the future about it. I said sure, because they usually don't. Well we just made plans to go to WDW in May and after using the App and website to set all my dinning and FastPass + reservations, I got a call from WDW and they said they would like to follow up on my survey from October. They asked about my recent usage of the Site and App, which I feel is improved but still has some problems.

ABQ

Galaxy III. Grrrrrrrrr
I used it for 8 days in December on a Galaxy 4S and the performance was less than stellar. However, the majority of the issues I had I will blame primarily on the current release of Jelly Bean OS which Sprint pushed out and has ruined the phone's performance for the time being.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So the new expected roll out date is spring 2014. Third time they have said it will be fully rolled out with all the bugs fixed. Hopefully they get it right this time. If not, and they push it back again, I have to wonder at what point do people (B.O.D. & general public) start to question their competence?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I used it for 8 days in December on a Galaxy 4S and the performance was less than stellar. However, the majority of the issues I had I will blame primarily on the current release of Jelly Bean OS which Sprint pushed out and has ruined the phone's performance for the time being.
Tell me about it. Some of my contacts were deleted. Text messages come in hours later. I had to reload jelly bean update just to get my phone working properly.

Keybdis

So the new expected roll out date is spring 2014. Third time they have said it will be fully rolled out with all the bugs fixed. Hopefully they get it right this time. If not, and they push it back again, I have to wonder at what point do people (B.O.D. & general public) start to question their competence?

I began to question their competence a few weeks ago when our Magic Bands would not let us in our room at 1 am after closing the parks. (Happened two times on one trip!)

Other than that I guess it didn't work terribly. We linked our AP's to the bands and never had a problem being admitted to the parks or using our fast passes. The app was slow and buggy on Galaxy S4. Kicked us out a few times and weren't sure if our changes to FP took.

They also need to release the new version of the App for Nexus 7, and make the interface for selecting fast passes a bit less clunky.

Last edited:

JimboJones123

Jelly Bean is terrible. The update blocked my feathering. The kids' iPods are now paperweights.

RSoxNo1

Am I wrong in my thinking about Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin seeing a substantial increase in wait times as a result of Fastpass+? Has anyone else experienced this in the parks?

ParentsOf4

In terms of a rollout of the functionality of V1.0, MyMagic+ is close. Spring should not be a problem.

In terms of reliability, we'll know MyMagic+ is truly ready once Disney stops calling it a "test".:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom