'MyMagic+' rollout for all Annual Passholders taking place within the next few weeks

Scuttle

Thanks everyone- I just ordered mine!! Can't wait to get my bands- FP+ has been frustrating without them. I'm done with waiting in lines at the kiosk stations!! Yeah!
Plus as a passholder I'm tired of not knowing what I'm getting into. It's a crapshoot as of now and has been the past few months. TDO wants me to plan out my day before leaving my house, but how can I without knowing anything about fast pass until after I'm done waiting in line at a to be determined park? I'm ok if it takes them a while to figure out park hopping, but as of now there's no reason us passholders can't be testing FP+ out with the resort guests.

Vader2112

So Today I decide to log into my account to see what deals are out there in April and see that I can order and "customize" a Magic Band. I did it but intend to keep my RF card just in case. Now my question is does anyone have an idea of ship time from when the oder is placed?

Virtual Toad

All Bands and RFID cards linked to your profile should work interchangeably for all aspects of MyMagic+.

-Rob

Exactly, which is why I don't understand why I can't just use FP+ on the MDE app without ordering MagicBands. Is WDW only turning FP+ on for passholders who play along with the Magic Bands concept?

Chicagoshannon2

So Today I decide to log into my account to see what deals are out there in April and see that I can order and "customize" a Magic Band. I did it but intend to keep my RF card just in case. Now my question is does anyone have an idea of ship time from when the oder is placed?

I'm not sure, but I customized on Saturday and they haven't shipped yet. On the app it says mid March.

horizons82

I have a feeling that "turning on" the FP+ in MDE will be a separate thing that is done from the MBs, but I also have a feeling they probably won't do it until the MBs are sent out.

I don't think it's so much that you have to have or use the MBs as much as it is they are waiting until the MBs are given out to activate the FP+ in MDE. I think it's just a pre-determined way they are going about the roll-out of the who system.

It's my thinking that FP+ will still be activated in MDE for all APs at the same time, regardless of whether they have ordered their MB or not.

tribbleorlfl

Same with us. While we already have the generic grey MB's from a prior stay, I wanted the chance to select our colors, get the new parking/dc cards and the AP sliders. As recently as Friday, the ability to customize was not in our MDE web account. Popped in this afternoon and voila!

Marc Gil

Question:
Can you replace your RFID card with the MagicBand at the parks? Also, are FP+ reservations available yet for Passholders? I tried using the app and it still doesn't include that feature.

Rob562

Question:
Can you replace your RFID card with the MagicBand at the parks? Also, are FP+ reservations available yet for Passholders? I tried using the app and it still doesn't include that feature.

Since Bands are customized and shipped from a company in a totally different state, I'd presume that you won't be able to get them on-site.

-Rob

DisneyCane

An interesting development this morning...

I logged into my MDE account to see the status of my MBs (they still say they are being customized and will ship soon). For the heck of it, I clicked the FP+ link and it allows me to reserve FP+ for both of my APs. The bad news is that it only allows 30 days in advance. The furthest out day I can reserve is 4/11.

horizons82

I can report the same thing as DisneyCane. For the heck of it I logged into MDE and checked out the FP access. It was different this time with the 30-day calendar as mentioned above. However, for the first time ever it let me go through the whole process of selecting my party and the park and the 3 attractions. It was awesome being able to FP Peter Pan!

I completed the process and was able to make FP plans for the MK through my MDE. I cancelled them of course as it was only a test, but hopefully this means APs now have access and that it wasn't just a glitch.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
An interesting development this morning...

I logged into my MDE account to see the status of my MBs (they still say they are being customized and will ship soon). For the heck of it, I clicked the FP+ link and it allows me to reserve FP+ for both of my APs. The bad news is that it only allows 30 days in advance. The furthest out day I can reserve is 4/11.

Also, seems as if passholders who have stayed at a resort and had continuing 60-day availability are now limited to 30 days as well.

horizons82

A quick follow-up...

This might be the real deal--not only can I make FP plans through the main site as well as through the mobile app,but it also "sees" the kind of pass I have. I have the weekday select pass and it only allows me to make FP plans on the days my pass is valid (weekends are blocked--which makes sense).

So the fact that the FP is seeing my APs and which kind of APs they are seems like this is potentially in place and not just a glitch.

Additionally, I'm able to select making FP plans both from the drop-down menu under the MDE logo as well as on the home page. The homepage used to have a little lock icon, but now it shows "select" and will allow FP plans to be made.

Last edited:

alissafalco

As of TODAY I was able to make FP+ selections. I was able to order the MB this past Saturday. I have a Florida resident seasonal AP and I am NOT staying on property.

lostpro9het

Just logged in to see that we now have our AP magic bands ready to ship, in two different shipments no less:
Newband.jpg

Rob562

Does what we are seeing mean that the AP FP+ window is going to be 30 days unless you book a stay at a Disney Resort?

I'm thinking it's something like that. Seems like a decent balance between giving advance planning access while still giving a perk to on-site Guests.

If they open FP+ reservations to all ticketholders I'd presume they'll be under the same 30-day restriction.

-Rob

RichS

As passholders we were able to order our bands. Two family members are traveling with us with RFI 5 day passes. I was able to register them but they won't allow them to be included in the fastpass selections. Any clue if they will be able to be added or not till they use their passes for the first time in May when we go. We stay off property too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom