'MyMagic+' rollout for all Annual Passholders taking place within the next few weeks

horizons82

Question...

I am an AP who has never stayed on-site but I DO have an on-site resort reservation for September. Is this going to affect me getting the MB and FP advance access when everyone else does?

The one and only MB order showing is for my resort reservation in Sept. Can I assume even though I have a hotel reservation I will still get an order for the AP MBs to show when everyone else does?

Johnny Hess

Are you an AP without a resort reservation?

I am - I noticed this change yesterday morning and was able to customize my bands and place my order.

TUUWK.jpg

cmoliver68

Are you an AP without a resort reservation?

Yes. I have bands from previous reservations but nothing currently. The invitation specifically states Annual Passholder. I was going to take a screen shot to show how it appears but now it shows on the site that some orders cannot be accessed at this time. Looks like they are still working on it.

KellyELock

Question...

I am an AP who has never stayed on-site but I DO have an on-site resort reservation for September. Is this going to affect me getting the MB and FP advance access when everyone else does?

The one and only MB order showing is for my resort reservation in Sept. Can I assume even though I have a hotel reservation I will still get an order for the AP MBs to show when everyone else does?

I am in the same boat, except my resort reservation is for May. I currenly only see my Magic Band order for my resort stay, but from the way I understand it after reading posts on this site, we should receive a separate set of Magic Bands with the annual passholder roll-out.

Based on the above image posted by Johnny Hess, I think the new Magic Bands we'll get with the Annual Passholder rollout will say "Affiliation Disney Passholder", whereas the ones we currently see for our resort stay say "Resort Reservation" and list your resort and confirmation number.

Last edited:

J061112C

This is good news. So it sounds as though AP's that have magic bands from a prior resort stay will be able to order a new set. I can also confirm that a relative with an AP has just been able to customize their band. Once customization was complete, the status reads that the bands are being customized and that annual passholder bands will begin shipping in mid-march.

horizons82

Still nothing in my MDE about this...deep breaths...being patient...refreshing screen...deep breaths...refreshing screen...being patient...deep breaths...

cmoliver68

Still nothing in my MDE about this...deep breaths...being patient...refreshing screen...deep breaths...refreshing screen...being patient...deep breaths...
Yes, just be patient. My first one appeared earlier today then a second later this evening. 2 down, 3 more to go. If the pattern holds I may have them all customized by Saturday. :happy:

cmoliver68

Oh I agree! The days of park hopping are done for pass holders.
Last time I was there I spoke to two CMs at different parks and they both indicated work is being done to find a way to allow park hopping. This was the main reason why MBs were not issued to AP holders earlier. As AP holders, we understand the logistics of being able to park hop and know how to schedule FP times at other parks. Regular guests do not realize how long it can take to get from one to the other and Disney didn't want unhappy guests who lost their FP time because it was scheduled too close to a time at another park. Not sure if they have come up with a solution yet, but at least it appears to be an item being addressed.

MissM

LOL So we were part of the AP FP+ test last month and got our magic bands a few weeks ago. Today I peeked in at my account and there was ANOTHER pending order for a magic band - but only for Love. He already has one but they were all gung ho to process an order for another one for him. My account now shows 2 cards for me, 2 for him, and a band each PLUS an order for another one for him. Oh my...they really want people to have a drawer full of these things don't they? :p

DisneyCane

Last time I was there I spoke to two CMs at different parks and they both indicated work is being done to find a way to allow park hopping. This was the main reason why MBs were not issued to AP holders earlier. As AP holders, we understand the logistics of being able to park hop and know how to schedule FP times at other parks. Regular guests do not realize how long it can take to get from one to the other and Disney didn't want unhappy guests who lost their FP time because it was scheduled too close to a time at another park. Not sure if they have come up with a solution yet, but at least it appears to be an item being addressed.

A simple solution would be to enable park hopping FP+ for APs and not regular guests. :)

Since that isn't going to happen, why not just specify a minimum time between FP+ that are at different parks. Then put up a note during booking the passes that say "allow at least 1 hour to change parks" or something like that. If people still miss the time then they are SOL. You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink!

Scuttle

A simple solution would be to enable park hopping FP+ for APs and not regular guests. :)

Since that isn't going to happen, why not just specify a minimum time between FP+ that are at different parks. Then put up a note during booking the passes that say "allow at least 1 hour to change parks" or something like that. If people still miss the time then they are SOL. You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink!
Agreed or they can extend the late arrival time to 30 minutes to give a little more time for park hopping or the natures that be.

Maybe Disney isn't that confident in their own transportation system?

cmoliver68

Agreed or they can extend the late arrival time to 30 minutes to give a little more time for park hopping or the natures that be.

Maybe Disney isn't that confident in their own transportation system?
Not about confidence in transportation. It is about spending money in shops and keeping guests happy. For the inexperienced guest, getting off SM at MK then walking to a bus stop, waiting for a bus to go to AK then walking from bus to EE could take well over an hour. Factor in time to get that last gift from one park and kids wanting to stop to watch something on Main Street, now you are up to 2 hours. Since you are no longer able to see FP return times like the old way, a lot of factors would have to be considered on the back side of programming to keep from having a huge amount of complaints. I saw many complaints from those in 1 park missing their time by 15 minutes where a supervisor had to get involved and they eventually let the guest in the ride.

I think a better way would to incorporate some of the old with the new. Since the new way does not let you pick specific times and only gives you 4 options, it could be changed where MDE shows a return time like the old way so the guest could decide which FP ride they want. On the back side, MDE would not allow you to pick a time that is within 2 hours of a FP at a different park. For those who book FP times up to 60 days in advance then the problem would be solved. For those attempting to pick times at the park, if there were no more FPs for the day then they are out of luck, much like it is now and as it was before.

tribbleorlfl

LOL So we were part of the AP FP+ test last month and got our magic bands a few weeks ago. Today I peeked in at my account and there was ANOTHER pending order for a magic band - but only for Love. He already has one but they were all gung ho to process an order for another one for him. My account now shows 2 cards for me, 2 for him, and a band each PLUS an order for another one for him. Oh my...they really want people to have a drawer full of these things don't they? :p
To me, that's the most frustrating part of MDE. I still have our first paper annual passes (inactive in MDE), our renewal paper passes a month later (inactive), our first plastic passes that were stolen by one of my wife's students (lost) our current plastic passes (active), and the MB's from our President's Day stay at All Stars. Further complicating things is my wife is in there twice- once as a family member under my account (when I first created my MDE account w/ our paper passes) and also as a linked family member w/ her own MDE account.

It'd be great to be able to remove all this spam, but currently you can only inactivate passes and can only remove family and friends that do not have a pass associated to. I'm sure calling the MM+ IT support would be able to help, but I'm technically savvy enough to do it my own.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not about confidence in transportation. It is about spending money in shops and keeping guests happy. For the inexperienced guest, getting off SM at MK then walking to a bus stop, waiting for a bus to go to AK then walking from bus to EE could take well over an hour. Factor in time to get that last gift from one park and kids wanting to stop to watch something on Main Street, now you are up to 2 hours. Since you are no longer able to see FP return times like the old way, a lot of factors would have to be considered on the back side of programming to keep from having a huge amount of complaints. I saw many complaints from those in 1 park missing their time by 15 minutes where a supervisor had to get involved and they eventually let the guest in the ride.

Certainly they would have to do something to prevent people from creating unobtainable itineraries.. and could be a contributing factor to say 'just do one park' - but it's not really a technology barrier. Sure they need to implement 'something' which in itself is probably the hardest part right now given how far the project is behind.. but complexity? nah. Put in a simple minimum time buffer. I think the magic #3 is far more the issue here.

Put in multiple parks and people will want 3 per park.

SteveW

I was able to customize and order my Magic Band today. I also have one waiting to ship for a stay the 1st week of May.

horizons82

Alas...sigh...still waiting to get any kind of MB notification on my MDE account. Just got my first AP ever in January of this year--I'm probably near the bottom to get turned over to a MB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom