'MyMagic+' rollout for all Annual Passholders taking place within the next few weeks

cjk0318

I just got notification and tried it out.

Hope this helps ease up some frustration over FP+ for us APs.

Festival of Fantasy and Wishes are all booked for the next few days already..
I actually checked the app yesterday and got FP+ for Festival of Fantasy for tomorrow.

Rob562

no it just adds to it because they reduced it to only 30 days out. So ridiculous. I'm not from Florida so I tend to go for a week at a time. I can only book my fp+s 30 days out. One step forward, 2 steps back!

So you feel that you should have the same access as on-site Guests?

-Rob

Jwhee

Yea, as a life-long Disnry goer and an Orlando local with a premium AP, I think I should have the same privileges of an on site guest. I don't mind the 30 day FP, but I really hope that we eventually get the touch to pay feature.

jklakeview

So you feel that you should have the same access as on-site Guests?

-Rob
No I feel that it should be the same way that they do dining. It should be 60 + 10 for people staying onsite and 60 for people offsite. So when people staying offsite get to pre-book (as they said everyone will), do they get 30 or 60 days? It's a dumb system to begin with, but why slight annual passholders who pay a good amount of money for their passes.

mergatroid

Copied from my post on the other thread to make it clearer to everyone.

Wohoo, just tried MDE and as AP holders we can now make FP+ reservations :happy::happy::happy:

I hold my hands up, I'd had my doubts about this but now we can do it. We're not visiting till September so it'll be a while before we can make any for then but I've been having a play around (without actual booking them at the final step) and it looks good to go. Interestingly both Epcot and the Studios have a two tiered system for booking.

For example at Epcot you are invited to select 1 FP+ from IllumiNations, Maelstrom, A meet and great, Soarin or Test Track, followed by 2 FP+ from Captain Eo, Journey, The Land, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Nemo and Turtle Talk.

For Disney Studios you are invited to select 1 from Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic, Rock n Roller and Toy story, followed by 2 from Disney Junior Stage, Indie, LMA, Muppets, Star Tours, American Idol, Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror and Little Mermaid.

The Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom just have a one tier system where you can select 3 things from everything.

I've had no emails from Disney regarding this and I know a few days ago this option was still locked. We have Premium AP's but haven't made any resort reservations or stayed on property for over 10 years so I'm assuming this is now open to all AP holders?

Whilst I prefer the old FP system of just getting them on the day, we are looking forward to booking our FP+ selections nearer to the trip. Just thought I'd let you all know just incase it's unknown to some.

mergatroid

Yes it opened up earlier this week. You should also be able to order your MagicBands if you haven't already

No we haven't ordered them yet. Would they send them to us here in the UK or do you think we'll have to collect them in person when we arrive?

I'm off to have a look on the MDE site right now, here's hoping :cool:

mergatroid

A little research brings up that they are not shipping to the UK but will be sent to your Disney resort if your staying at one

Unfortunately we're not staying at a Disney resort as we have a place in Orlando. We're not arriving till the 17th September though so it would be better to pick them up on the 18th on our first visit to the parks. It would be better doing this as our post is diverted to a post office until we arrive. You'd think after shelling out nearly $1,500 for two premium AP's that this would cover the cost of posting them though :banghead:

Thanks for replying though :)

Rob562

Unfortunately we're not staying at a Disney resort as we have a place in Orlando. We're not arriving till the 17th September though so it would be better to pick them up on the 18th on our first visit to the parks. It would be better doing this as our post is diverted to a post office until we arrive. You'd think after shelling out nearly $1,500 for two premium AP's that this would cover the cost of posting them though :banghead:

Thanks for replying though :)

I don't know how official of an answer it is, but some have said that the reason they're not sending Bands outside the US isn't necessarily because of postage costs, but rather the radio transmitter technology inside the Bands aren't licensed outside of the U.S. and thus Disney, as the manufacturer/"seller" of the product, cannot send them outside the country. (Now you as the end user of said product can presumably leave the U.S. with them, though international technology and import/export law is something I know nothing about)

-Rob

mergatroid

I don't know how official of an answer it is, but some have said that the reason they're not sending Bands outside the US isn't necessarily because of postage costs, but rather the radio transmitter technology inside the Bands aren't licensed outside of the U.S. and thus Disney, as the manufacturer/"seller" of the product, cannot send them outside the country. (Now you as the end user of said product can presumably leave the U.S. with them, though international technology and import/export law is something I know nothing about)

-Rob

Thanks for that. We've resolved the issue now as we're having them sent to the house next door to our holiday home. Ordered them today :)

Sbates19

I just got an email this morning saying that mine was shipped. The tracking number doesn't have a delivery date on it yet though. I am going to Disney this weekend I am hoping that I get it before Friday.

J061112C

I just got an email this morning saying that mine was shipped. The tracking number doesn't have a delivery date on it yet though. I am going to Disney this weekend I am hoping that I get it before Friday.
Once the bands are shipped, do they show up already linked to your profile in MDE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom