'MyMagic+' rollout for all Annual Passholders taking place within the next few weeks

jessfriends

I just bought an AP over the phone last night so I can link it to my account for my trip in May. I am waiting 24 hours to try to link it again as I am unable to get it to work.

Anyways I am staying on property. Will I be getting two magic bands? I don't want two. My question is will my room and AP be able to be linked onto 1 magic band? I have been having issues with APs and this whole new system since spring of last year. My AP # does not seem to want to be linked to my account. I get to select FP+ selections starting on March 13. I did not order any magic bands yet as I am waiting for the ticket to come in the mail for the other person traveling with me as we bought it from AAA. I would like to customize both of our bands but I'm not sure if I have to wait until my tickets are linked and since 1 of us has an AP does this complicate things (meaning I will be getting two of them).

Any help would be appreciated!

ratherbeinwdw

I just bought an AP over the phone last night so I can link it to my account for my trip in May. I am waiting 24 hours to try to link it again as I am unable to get it to work.

Anyways I am staying on property. Will I be getting two magic bands? I don't want two. My question is will my room and AP be able to be linked onto 1 magic band? I have been having issues with APs and this whole new system since spring of last year. My AP # does not seem to want to be linked to my account. I get to select FP+ selections starting on March 13. I did not order any magic bands yet as I am waiting for the ticket to come in the mail for the other person traveling with me as we bought it from AAA. I would like to customize both of our bands but I'm not sure if I have to wait until my tickets are linked and since 1 of us has an AP does this complicate things (meaning I will be getting two of them).
We must be going at the same time as I can also make my fastpass choices on March 13th.

In November, I only got one magicband for my ap and room. I also had two people with regular tickets on my account. I ordered their bands on my account. Made things so much easier.
I am going again on May 11th. I will be getting a new band, but my understanding is that both the bands will work as long as I have both as active on my MDE.

horizons82

As far as I know you will be getting another set of bands with your stay, but you will be able to go into your MDE and choose which bands are active and linked to your MDE account.

As far as linking APs, when I bought mine through the Disney site I was able to link them using the number on the voucher I received. When I picked up my actual AP it automatically linked to my MDE acct. I'm not sure how this might work if you bought them from AAA...you may not be able to link until you turn them in for the actual passes, but that is only a guess.

You have to think about the passes and bands as not containing info but only as something that links back to whatever you have in your MDE. For example, a hotel reservation is actually recorded in your MDE and the band merely triggers the info back to your MDE for reservations and such. This is why you are able to control which bands are active with your MDE.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

horizons82

You'll probably get the bands anyhow, but the RFID cards work the same as the bands.

I think the only difference between the bands and RFID tickets really impacts resort guests who are able to use the bands to pay for things and to use as a room key. As far as I know those are the only things you can't use your ticket/card for.

cspencer96

You will likely get two bands, but they may be used interchangeably. Just pick one color when you order the one you receive for being an AP, and another for the one you get with your reservation - then you can pick your favorite day by day! What's pretty cool about MyMagic+ and My Disney Experience is that as long as your Annual Pass is in your account, you can use it on any Magic Band or Card on your account - same with opening your room, making purchases, PhotoPass, and everything else. It is no longer a "this card goes with this" experience, it truly is one device for everything (when everything is linked to your account, of course). If you have trouble linking your AP, call Disney's tech support number (407-939-4357) and they will gladly help you, and answer any questions you may have.

sjhym333

An AP holder can also link their credit or debit card to their MagicBands under your My Disney Experience account. The person I spoke to when I had a question about my MagicBand did tell me to bring the card that is linked to your MagicBand the first couple of trips to ensure that it is working properly when you make a purchase.

As a passholder, (and just there for single days off and on, not staying in hotels) I dont want the bands, but just want to use the rfid card??

I remember reading that you can request the RFID card. I would assume that the Gold/Black discount/parking cards are cheaper to produce than the RFID cards, so it is unlikely you get both the MagicBand and RFID card unless you specifically request the RFID card.

Rob562

Also for the OP, you *don't* have to have your AP or tickets already purchased when you customize your Band. Since the Band just links back to your MDE profile (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread), once you link your AP/ticket to your profile the Band will also refer to that, too.

Technically, as a resort guest you don't need to purchase a ticket at all. You could stay at a hotel, never buy a ticket, and still use the Band around the resort for your room key and charge account.

-Rob

KellyELock

I sure hope this is true!!!! We were at Magic Kingdom yesterday and were even less impressed with this visit than ever---we have used the FastPass+ system several times before as annual passholders. The FastPass+ Kiosk lines were awful yesterday. I spoke to a Cast Member working at one of the kiosks who told me that she had no idea when annual passholders would be getting access to MyMagic+ because they were still "testing". She stated that Cast Members don't even have access to it yet. She was trying to sell me on the idea of the new FastPass+ system saying that I needed to give them time to work out the bugs since they were still testing. Nothing like testing in production. Seems like a big Fail to me, but hopefully I'll like it more when we can reserve ride times in advance.

My other concern is that I have a resort stay booked for the end of May. Currently, when I log in to MDE, it tells me I will be able to start making FP+ selections on March 25th, which is 60 days prior to my resort stay. It also gives me the option to personalize our Magic Bands for this stay. I'm hoping that I'll still be part of the "annual passholder rollout" in the next couple of weeks if that is truly the case.

disney4life2008

Well after this - what is there left to complain about? It seems like MM+ has rolled out without any major problems. The only group left is off site guests who I am sure would have to pay for the band - which if they do is silly.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Everyone on the reservation will get a band as WDW doesn't give out the Keys to the Kingdom card anymore unless you ask for it upon check-in. You can customize the band once you see the reservation in your My Magic account - there will be a deadline for customizing - otherwise you will get the grey band.

I'm an Annual Passholder and I go to WDW every couple of months. Currently I have 7, yes 7, Magic Bands. Unfortunately, the current system is not set up to let WDW know you already have a functioning band and don't need another one. If you don't customize the band, a grey one will either be delivered to your home or waiting for you when you check in. Disney actually wants you to have one in every color (so the CM on the phone have told me). Everything is on my band - Annual Pass, credit card, dining plan, hotel, Fast Pass+, etc. I picked one of them and bought the charms to add to the band, along with the slider. But you can deactivate the extra bands - just make sure you don't mistakenly do it to the one you will be using. My hope is that Magic Bands for Annual Passholders will be different from the regular ones so that I don't have to bring my pass with me - you still need to show your pass for the shopping/dining discounts and free parking (if you bought a pass that has that included). And that they FINALLY have the band in Purple.

Once you have the band, you can make FastPass+ selections without having to have a resort reservation. However, WDW has figured this one out and you cannot make FastPass+ selections more than 2 months out from the current date.

Hope this helps

LAKid53

Premium Member
You'll probably get the bands anyhow, but the RFID cards work the same as the bands.

I think the only difference between the bands and RFID tickets really impacts resort guests who are able to use the bands to pay for things and to use as a room key. As far as I know those are the only things you can't use your ticket/card for.

If you link a credit card to your reservation, your RFID Keys to the Kingdom card does have charging privileges. But WDW really wants to get away from the cards.

LAKid53

Premium Member
You will likely get two bands, but they may be used interchangeably. Just pick one color when you order the one you receive for being an AP, and another for the one you get with your reservation - then you can pick your favorite day by day! What's pretty cool about MyMagic+ and My Disney Experience is that as long as your Annual Pass is in your account, you can use it on any Magic Band or Card on your account - same with opening your room, making purchases, PhotoPass, and everything else. It is no longer a "this card goes with this" experience, it truly is one device for everything (when everything is linked to your account, of course). If you have trouble linking your AP, call Disney's tech support number (407-939-4357) and they will gladly help you, and answer any questions you may have.

However, unless Disney has come up with a different design for the Passholder Magic Bands, you will still need your passholder card in order to get the Passholder discounts. I sure would like to have only one thing that has everything on it.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I sure hope this is true!!!! We were at Magic Kingdom yesterday and were even less impressed with this visit than ever---we have used the FastPass+ system several times before as annual passholders. The FastPass+ Kiosk lines were awful yesterday. I spoke to a Cast Member working at one of the kiosks who told me that she had no idea when annual passholders would be getting access to MyMagic+ because they were still "testing". She stated that Cast Members don't even have access to it yet. She was trying to sell me on the idea of the new FastPass+ system saying that I needed to give them time to work out the bugs since they were still testing. Nothing like testing in production. Seems like a big Fail to me, but hopefully I'll like it more when we can reserve ride times in advance.

My other concern is that I have a resort stay booked for the end of May. Currently, when I log in to MDE, it tells me I will be able to start making FP+ selections on March 25th, which is 60 days prior to my resort stay. It also gives me the option to personalize our Magic Bands for this stay. I'm hoping that I'll still be part of the "annual passholder rollout" in the next couple of weeks if that is truly the case.

If you are currently an Annual Passholder, then all you have to do is link your Magic Band to your pass. The first time I stayed at a resort that was testing the Magic Bands (last Fall), my pass was linked to the band I received. And it's been linked to the additional 7 bands I now have. My only complaint is that Disney should let you say "I already have a band and don't need another" when you make a resort reservation. But no.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom