'MyMagic+' rollout for all Annual Passholders taking place within the next few weeks

Marc Gil

So you need the Magicband to make FP+ reservations as of now, or can you schedule your FP+ selections now? Our next trip is April 24 off property.

Virtual Toad

FP+ is now available on my MDE app. We have a resort reservation but not until later this month. Today, for the first time, dates prior to that stay are available to us for FP+ booking. We have not ordered AP magic bands so we'll be using the system exclusively with our RFID-enabled APs.

If this allows our family to arrive mid-afternoon and ride things such as Soarin, Text Track or Toy Story Mania using FPs (almost impossible using the legacy FP system) -- **without using magic bands** -- then color us extremely satisfied, at least for now. As long as the availability holds out, WDW can expect more frequent visits from our family and thus more $$$ spent, at least for the time being.

So you need the Magicband to make FP+ reservations as of now, or can you schedule your FP+ selections now? Our next trip is April 24 off property.

Magic Bands should not be a requirement for FP+ rservations. I have made FP+ reservations for an AP family member without a Magic Band.

Same with us. While we already have the generic grey MB's from a prior stay, I wanted the chance to select our colors, get the new parking/dc cards and the AP sliders. As recently as Friday, the ability to customize was not in our MDE web account. Popped in this afternoon and voila!

I still haven't found a CM that recognizes the discount card!! Each one stares at the front and back of the card for awhile...I eventually decide to just show them my RFID card...

Last edited:

ratherbeinwdw

As passholders we were able to order our bands. Two family members are traveling with us with RFI 5 day passes. I was able to register them but they won't allow them to be included in the fastpass selections. Any clue if they will be able to be added or not till they use their passes for the first time in May when we go. We stay off property too.
It will probably be at 30 days out like AP's not staying on-site. I was able to make fp's for a family that is meeting us there even though their ressie isn't within the 60 day window--we're staying onsite. Our 60 day window opened this morning. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get all our passes done. We will be there 8 days, but they'll only be there 4. I had to make ours first, then copy to the person in the other family who has a MDE account. Then, I had to go to her account and copy her passes to her family. A cm on the phone told me it would copy to all the people she managed, but it didn't. My passes would only copy to her. That's why I had to then copy her's to them. Then, all mine disappeared from my reservations page, but her's didn't. It was very frustrating. I finally got all mine back.
Changing the times they give you, if you don't want one of their options, takes a lot of time because you have to make sure you have enough time to get through one ride and get to the other. At least now it's done, and I've done the online checkin.

Drenhopkins

Question - This forum is too deep for me to read every one to see if this questions has been ask. As a annual passholder do I need to have a Magic Band to enter the park or will I receive a card for access. I do not (or will not) carry my band with me where ever I go. So If I'm at my friends house and they say "let's go to Disney" am I out of luck because I don't have my band with me. I find the card easier because it fits in my wallet. If me and my friends go its ususally on a whim.

CJR

We have two AP's and it's only showing 1 Magic Band in the order. Do you think this is an error or will there be two separate orders?

Rob562

Question - This forum is too deep for me to read every one to see if this questions has been ask. As a annual passholder do I need to have a Magic Band to enter the park or will I receive a card for access. I do not (or will not) carry my band with me where ever I go. So If I'm at my friends house and they say "let's go to Disney" am I out of luck because I don't have my band with me. I find the card easier because it fits in my wallet. If me and my friends go its ususally on a whim.

If you have an RFID card already, you can use that for FP+ if you wish. All Cards and Bands associated with a profile should be able to be used interchangeably.

We have two AP's and it's only showing 1 Magic Band in the order. Do you think this is an error or will there be two separate orders?

Is the second AP assigned to a "managed by you" profile on MDE? Or is it someone linked to you who has their own account?
If they have their own, they'll have to log into their own account to customize their Band since they'll be the "owner" of it.
If you manage their account, it's possible they haven't gotten to them yet. They've been rolling out to accounts over the past few days.

-Rob

CJR

If you manage their account, it's possible they haven't gotten to them yet. They've been rolling out to accounts over the past few days.

-Rob

I actually did an online chat and that's exactly what they said. Even though both AP's are on the same account, they didn't roll out that the same time. She did assure me that there was nothing wrong though and that it should be active very soon.

So, if anyone else has the same issue, they just haven't finished the roll out yet. :)

DisneyCane

I'm thinking it's something like that. Seems like a decent balance between giving advance planning access while still giving a perk to on-site Guests.

If they open FP+ reservations to all ticketholders I'd presume they'll be under the same 30-day restriction.

-Rob

All I cared about is not having to use the Kiosks. I could have even dealt with only 1 day advanced reservations as long as I can do it from my laptop or the app!

Jwhee

Ok, I currently have 5 un-customized magic bands connected to our AP's for my family & I. We got them while spending the weekend at one of the resorts. When i went in to get customized ones shipped to us, i hit ship now and it says "Once you select "Ship Now," you will no longer be able to update your MagicBand preferences. Annual Passholder orders will begin shipping in mid-March." Will i still be able to sue my current band until the new ones are shipped?

tribbleorlfl

Ok, I currently have 5 un-customized magic bands connected to our AP's for my family & I. We got them while spending the weekend at one of the resorts. When i went in to get customized ones shipped to us, i hit ship now and it says "Once you select "Ship Now," you will no longer be able to update your MagicBand preferences. Annual Passholder orders will begin shipping in mid-March." Will i still be able to sue my current band until the new ones are shipped?
The way I understand it to work, as long as the original bands are still in your MDE account and haven't been marked as inactive, they'll work pending the new MB arrival. The question is, once the new ones come in, can you have multiple MB's active at the same time?

djkidkaz

Mines still not available for some reason? Hoping I'm not the only one who can't order their magic band. It is letting me make FP+ reservations though.

MissM

Disney is definitely pushing for everyone to use the bands. I won't use it either. But if you already have your RFID AP ticket you can continue to use that without problem. Even if you complete the order for the magic band and never use it (like I did; mine are sitting in a drawer) it doesn't deactivate your existing tickets. Additionally, if you ever lose your RFID, you can request a replacement from Guest Services so it's going to continue to be an option. Disney is trying to make the MB more of a "default" but not eliminating the RFID AP cards.

Rob562

The way I understand it to work, as long as the original bands are still in your MDE account and haven't been marked as inactive, they'll work pending the new MB arrival. The question is, once the new ones come in, can you have multiple MB's active at the same time?

Yes, you can use any Band/Card listed on your profile interchangeably.

-Rob

JimboJones123

I just got notification and tried it out.

Hope this helps ease up some frustration over FP+ for us APs.

Festival of Fantasy and Wishes are all booked for the next few days already..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom