MyMagic+ down resort wide. 8/2

Mike S

ToT was operating at 50% capacity much of today, this resulted in very long lines for all guests including FP+
Tower of Terror seems to be having trouble lately. Earlier this year I got stuck on the ride literally one foot away from the exit door and had to evacuate.
image.jpg
image.jpg
After that that whole side was shut down which I guess would mean 50% capacity, don't know when it was fixed after that. Now you tell me it's at 50% again today. Can anyone shed some light if this is just coincidence or is Tower of Terror really having problems lately?

Tom

Beta Return
Bad idea. Remember last time you did this, you wound up showing the greeter at Coral Reef all those "artistic" pics of the missus whilst yelling, "Look at my reservation number you stuck up jack***!" and this was precipitated because you cut in front of that elderly woman holding her 6 month old great granddaughter, knocking the baby to the ground causing a cacophonous crying fit whilst the aforementioned greeter said, "Sir, can you please just a wait a minute?" Of course, if you want a replay of that fiasco be my guest.

Deep thought - If we need paper or screenshot confirmation of our multitude of reservations for our vacation doesn't that defeat the purpose of MM+ because I am going to have to thoughtfully make electronic or paper copies of all that crap anyway?

I absolutely did NOT cut in front of her, and you know it! She got out of line for "a bathroom emergency" and thus gave up her position. And I can't help it if the CM didn't appreciate "art".

Tom

Beta Return
Tower of Terror seems to be having trouble lately. Earlier this year I got stuck on the ride literally one foot away from the exit door and had to evacuate.View attachment 60725View attachment 60726 After that that whole side was shut down which I guess would mean 50% capacity, don't know when it was fixed after that. Now you tell me it's at 50% again today. Can anyone shed some light if this is just coincidence or is Tower of Terror really having problems lately?

These are literally the most awesome photos I've seen of any ride breakdown. I've searched the web high and low for photos of the innards of ToT.

So, where exactly were you? Are those two separate elevators in your photos?

Mike S

These are literally the most awesome photos I've seen of any ride breakdown. I've searched the web high and low for photos of the innards of ToT.

So, where exactly were you? Are those two separate elevators in your photos?
Thanks :) My elevator got stuck by the exit door at the end of the ride and another elevator was stuck coming backwards from the drop shaft. I took the pictures after I exited my elevator. Also, to get us out a cast member remotely controlled our elevator to move away from the door. A ride I won't soon forget :D I also got this picture. Sorry about the quality, I zoomed in for it cause I wasn't sure how the CM's would react if I walked up to it
image.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Thanks :) My elevator got stuck by the exit door at the end of the ride and another elevator was stuck coming backwards from the drop shaft. I took the pictures after I exited my elevator. Also, to get us out a cast member remotely controlled our elevator to move away from the door. A ride I won't soon forget :D I also got this picture. Sorry about the quality, I zoomed in for it cause I wasn't sure how the CM's would react if I walked up to itView attachment 60727

OMG, that's creepy!

So, in the first pic, it looks like the elevator people are getting out of is about to back into the show lift....and in the second pic, one is backing out of the drop shaft, just about to turn 90-degrees to unload. Right? So they had to manually drive your elevator pretty far...I assume to clear the way for the other one to be driven out of the drop shaft.

Still, very cool.

Mike S

OMG, that's creepy!

So, in the first pic, it looks like the elevator people are getting out of is about to back into the show lift....and in the second pic, one is backing out of the drop shaft, just about to turn 90-degrees to unload. Right? So they had to manually drive your elevator pretty far...I assume to clear the way for the other one to be driven out of the drop shaft.

Still, very cool.
Yup. We also had a little fun before the CM's got there talking to the people in the other elevator. I think one of them mentioned how they got stuck right next to the doll lol.

wdwgreek

So I am sure someone explained it earlier, but I was at the parks today. If you had existing fast pass + reservations they still worked, but you couldn't access the app on your phone or at the kiosk to check the time. It was sort of a guessing game. After you used the three fastpasses, they began giving out legacy fastpasses for certain attractions from a few locations spread out around the parks, ie from the old Philarmagic machines they were giving out the fantasyland rides. The app crashed around 1020 am and was back running around 440. Hope this helps!

Tom

Beta Return
So I am sure someone explained it earlier, but I was at the parks today. If you had existing fast pass + reservations they still worked, but you couldn't access the app on your phone or at the kiosk to check the time. It was sort of a guessing game. After you used the three fastpasses, they began giving out legacy fastpasses for certain attractions from a few locations spread out around the parks, ie from the old Philarmagic machines they were giving out the fantasyland rides. The app crashed around 1020 am and was back running around 440. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the good summary.

Sounds like this issue was purely on the User Interface side....since the web, apps and kiosks all went down, but yet the database was in tact and the hardware at the gates and rides were communicating.

ninjaprincesst

I take screenshots of everything I want confirmation of, be it a FP+ or something I ordered online from Amazon. Doing so doesn't defeat the purpose of those services, it just means I like to have my butt covered in all situations.

I don't get why anyone would print physical copies, however.
I print physical copies because phone batteries can die , all it takes is one "oops that app got left running " and you got no phone and no proof, the old fashioned print it out has saved my butt before, so I will keep doing it

Last edited:

llrain

We were there the first time this happened in the last week of april or first week of may.
It sucked big time, we were completely blind. Feel bad for the masses yesterday, know how they felt.

2nd time this has happened since the new version of Fastpass+ came out

Thank you for the good summary.

Sounds like this issue was purely on the User Interface side....since the web, apps and kiosks all went down, but yet the database was in tact and the hardware at the gates and rides were communicating.

Yes. The database was still up and certain locations could retrieve information from it, but the end-user interface was down. I am thinking the IT staff were doing some serious hard restarts - and due to the complexity of the systems, those can take hours. I certainly hope they didn't have to do any restores, as that could cause lost data.

I used to work in software support for an extremely complex system (that had been "band-aid fixed" over and over again, just like Disney's). Disney tech issues remind me so much of it. It would be working fine, then BOOM! down. It could be the hardware, the web server, bad code, it all took time to figure out WHAT was causing the problem so it could then be fixed.

Slightly off topic, but can anyone confirm - are the Disney sites/MyDisneyExperience written in Java code? Just a hunch. lol

llrain

but, but, but with the amazing new MDE it is supposed to make our planning easy and keep everything, including confirmation #'s all in one convenient place for the guest to access and refer to.
Its what we all wanted, we called out loud for this to Disney and they are delivering, why are you still doing things on paper and keeping a confirmation # handy outside this new realm?
How dare you not drink the TDO Kool Aid!
We're personally going to do our Oct trip magic band free especially after needing to spend upwards of a total hour trying to get tech support to link my wifes AP to our thing.
;)

...and this is ONE REASON why we always PRINT OUT all res numbers, times, locations. Funny, those hard copies never seem to crash :).

squidward

I take screenshots of everything I want confirmation of, be it a FP+ or something I ordered online from Amazon. Doing so doesn't defeat the purpose of those services, it just means I like to have my butt covered in all situations.

I don't get why anyone would print physical copies, however.

In case the battery on your phone gets drained from using the app all day.;)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Tower of Terror seems to be having trouble lately. Earlier this year I got stuck on the ride literally one foot away from the exit door and had to evacuate.View attachment 60725View attachment 60726 After that that whole side was shut down which I guess would mean 50% capacity, don't know when it was fixed after that. Now you tell me it's at 50% again today. Can anyone shed some light if this is just coincidence or is Tower of Terror really having problems lately?

SPOILER!!!!!

Flarn filth, filth flarn!!!!

You have ruined tot for me!!!

Mike S

Coincidence. We had the same thing in the same place last fall. The 5th D is notorious for sensor issues, but think how many times it doesn't happen.

Though we did get to do the drop profile lights on :)
So because of the sensors in the 5th dimension I was stopped one foot away from the exit? I'm not mad though because it was a pretty cool experience :) Good to hear it's just coincidence. My mind was jumping to all sorts of conclusions because I've never heard of Tower of Terror breaking down. Then again I wasn't reading peoples accounts of it going down either ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom