MyMagic+ down resort wide. 8/2

WeLComeHomE OKW

Curious...when the MB system is down for all the things mentioned, does that mean you cannot get in your resort room?
No.

I'm at OKW right now and I was able to enter the parks AND use all of my FastPass+ reservations and, of course, enter my room.

You could use everything that you had reserved (as long as you remembered), you just couldn't access your information on the app or website.

DManRightHere

I'm sure it's just down and not lost. I think that happened last time.

Biggest issue is dining, do the restaurants not keep a printout of the daily reservations or something?

This is also why I made photos of all our fastpasses on my phone. I would argue the point at the quee entrance if I had that. Hopefully that would work if it happened while we were there.

TimeTrip

Up until midafternoon it appears that this was affecting the readers at stormalong bay as they were not scanning magicbands to check entry.

AEfx

Standby times we overall low too. I'll try to post a pic of the FPs we got for Everest.

Well I'm sure, LOL. Considering that the larger portion of guests don't think like we do, or can think, as theme park commandos, they have been put into a system where you have to be the ultimate theme park commando, and since they didn't think to print out a list (if they were even able) or screenshot or whatever their FP+'s, most normal folks probably said to heck with it and just walked around and went on whatever they came across.

So without those folks clutching smartphones in their hand, marching around to their per-determined schedule of ride enjoyment minutes, and just left to their own devices - no pun intended - it probably kept the FP line from being overrun with appointment guests.

Such a novel idea, really. Walking around a theme park and just doing stuff, maybe having a single FP active for one special attraction that you have a handy little slip of paper for. Bah, that's crazy talk, though - who doesn't want to spend more time letting their smartphone run their lives, especially on vacation.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Looking at wait times on the official app, TOT is at 150 minutes. Wait times every where else though, in all the parks, seem low for a Saturday in the summer.
ToT was operating at 50% capacity much of today, this resulted in very long lines for all guests including FP+

Lord_Vader

Trying to book dining for a Winter trip oh it's been a joy today!
I feel for guests who booked FP+ for high demand attractions and suddenly could not use them, if that in fact happened.
You say you have a FP for the Mine Train hmmm? Computer says no...
BOG lunch FP? We don't see it in our system, but there's a lovely line you can stand in. No you can't see the end of it from here, because of the natural curvature of the Earth. Good luck and Magical DAY!

At DHS all day and had no issues, using IOS version of the app.

ToT was operating at 50% capacity much of today, this resulted in very long lines for all guests including FP+

Huh. When we went by, around 5:30 or so, it was only at a 20 minute standby. I assume by then it was operating correctly.

I did take screen shots of all our FPs and dining today - just because I've had trouble with the apps in the parks (a whole 'nother topic! Don't get me started...). However, folks that didn't could find out the times for their FPs from the actual ride - just go up and scan, and then Cast Member could tell them when it was for. And same with dining. That is what I would have done if I hadn't had screen shots. A pain, yes, but doable.

I thought standby lines must have been low too because of fewer people using FPs! But then I wondered if actually more people were using them since it seemed every single ride was available with paper FP. Mid-day we only waited an hour for our FP window for Everest.

Who knows for sure. I am with you though @AEfx, I would just prefer to walk around, ride what you want, maybe 1 FP for a special ride, no "gotta get to X location at X time" - easy day...makes it a bit more magical...sigh...

Here is the pic of the FPs. Sorry my thumb covers the date, but it was in fact December 31, 2014.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
We'll be there in 3 weeks, and I will definitely have screenshots of everything saved on my phone. Tehy can break down all they want, I'll still be getting on rides and eating dinner when I'm supposed to.

Bad idea. Remember last time you did this, you wound up showing the greeter at Coral Reef all those "artistic" pics of the missus whilst yelling, "Look at my reservation number you stuck up jack***!" and this was precipitated because you cut in front of that elderly woman holding her 6 month old great granddaughter, knocking the baby to the ground causing a cacophonous crying fit whilst the aforementioned greeter said, "Sir, can you please just a wait a minute?" Of course, if you want a replay of that fiasco be my guest.

Deep thought - If we need paper or screenshot confirmation of our multitude of reservations for our vacation doesn't that defeat the purpose of MM+ because I am going to have to thoughtfully make electronic or paper copies of all that crap anyway?

Last edited:

Tigger1988

I take screenshots of everything I want confirmation of, be it a FP+ or something I ordered online from Amazon. Doing so doesn't defeat the purpose of those services, it just means I like to have my butt covered in all situations.

I don't get why anyone would print physical copies, however.

Lord_Vader

Huh. When we went by, around 5:30 or so, it was only at a 20 minute standby. I assume by then it was operating correctly.

I did take screen shots of all our FPs and dining today - just because I've had trouble with the apps in the parks (a whole 'nother topic! Don't get me started...). However, folks that didn't could find out the times for their FPs from the actual ride - just go up and scan, and then Cast Member could tell them when it was for. And same with dining. That is what I would have done if I hadn't had screen shots. A pain, yes, but doable.

I thought standby lines must have been low too because of fewer people using FPs! But then I wondered if actually more people were using them since it seemed every single ride was available with paper FP. Mid-day we only waited an hour for our FP window for Everest.

Who knows for sure. I am with you though @AEfx, I would just prefer to walk around, ride what you want, maybe 1 FP for a special ride, no "gotta get to X location at X time" - easy day...makes it a bit more magical...sigh...

Here is the pic of the FPs. Sorry my thumb covers the date, but it was in fact December 31, 2014.

Not sure when it came back up, it was at half capacity until at least 2:00. We rode at 11:15 or so after being in line for 40 minutes, the FP+ line.

Love the FPs

psherman42

I'm sure it's just down and not lost. I think that happened last time.

Biggest issue is dining, do the restaurants not keep a printout of the daily reservations or something?

This is also why I made photos of all our fastpasses on my phone. I would argue the point at the quee entrance if I had that. Hopefully that would work if it happened while we were there.
I work in a table service restaurant at MK and yes, we print out our reservations in the morning just in case the system goes down and we have do everything manually. Today we did have a couple guests come in to confirm reservation times because they couldn't access the app. However, the system we use to book, check in, or look up guest reservations is not tied to MM+. So if you came into any table service restaurant on property, your resort front desk, or guest relations, I'm 99% sure they could have looked up dining reservations for you.

I find the reaction to MM+ being down today quite hilarious tbh. I understand people don't like the new system so obviously something like it being down for a day is just another reason to slam it, however when has technology ever been 100% reliable? Do websites not go down all the time because of high traffic? It happens. During my CP last year, I took a Guest Service class and we had some guest speakers from Park Operations and just that morning there was an outage at studios (and let it be known this was pre-MM+) so they had to let a large number (can't remember exactly) of guests into the park without even checking or scanning park tickets. This kind of stuff happens. It's just more noticeable now because Disney is encouraging you to store all of your plans on the app.

But I must say, given the large number of guests using and relying on the app, I'm actually surprised outages like this haven't happened more...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom