MyMagic+ down resort wide. 8/2

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My mind was jumping to all sorts of conclusions because I've never heard of Tower of Terror breaking down.

It has RCS issues and sensor trips happen far more than things actually breaking. It is these that normally cause downtime. Depending on the problem you will be evaced (last resort) or spieled to wait as they try to bring the ride back up.

If its any consolation our AGV stopped right on the starfield door gap. Got some good video and pics too ;)

Mike S

It has RCS issues and sensor trips happen far more than things actually breaking. It is these that normally cause downtime. Depending on the problem you will be evaced (last resort) or spieled to wait as they try to bring the ride back up.

If its any consolation our AGV stopped right on the starfield door gap. Got some good video and pics too ;)
Can you share any of those pics? Would love to see what that room looks like with the lights on.

ninjaprincesst

What if your phone is dead and won't turn on at all? Then what do you do? More than once I have seen peoples phones be totally dead when they thought they had a plenty of battery. I will just say this a little thirty second print out folded in my pocket was the difference last year in me being in Chef Mickey's eating while the people behind me were still outside arguing. Phones are never 100 percent reliable, an there is too much that can go wrong with them to totally depend on just a phone, phones just like the MDE app are technology and technology can go down for no reason.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I'm constantly amazed at how complex the TOT ride system is...I start to realize why they simplified it for all of the other versions (Though losing the 5th dimension room is bad)

KCheatle

A
No.

I'm at OKW right now and I was able to enter the parks AND use all of my FastPass+ reservations and, of course, enter my room.

You could use everything that you had reserved (as long as you remembered), you just couldn't access your information on the app or website.
actually... We unintentionally figured out that our bracelets lit green for every ride after we went back to the park post- system crash. We had a courtesy fastpass for any ride because of wait time at Crystal Palace. As we were getting on 7D, my DS4 put his bracelet up out of habit and it lit green!! So then we all did it and kept the courtesy FP for later. Worked at BTMR and then over at Epcot too. Total fluke, but it made the parks a whole lot more fun for us!!

maxime29

Premium Member
So I just noticed that MDE doesn't show our park tickets for a person in our party. Going to have to call about that since we will soon be selecting FP. Just a heads up to everyone else that you might want to check your info carefully after that downtime.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I see. Guess that just leaves old and haunted then. I don't know, there's still something about our Tower's design I just like more.

I think the difference is that the DHS TOT is supposed to be abandoned from 1939 to the present day, whereas TDS's TOT is abandoned from 1899ish to the 1920's which is the era that you're in that American Waterfront section.

RSoxNo1

Has anyone seen continued delays with the site? I know it's horrible, but it keeps timing out on me and I have pretty good internet (110 down/10 up).

AEfx

I see the FP+ website has been updated (actually somewhat overhauled) in the last 4 days.

There was also an update to the iOS app earlier this week. Remarkably quickly, actually - so quickly, I'm not even sure it was related, because of Apple's bloated bureaucracy in getting updates approved, but then again - this is Disney, so it could go either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom