My WDW Monorail Christmas display

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Ironically we wanted green but that was 2008's color and by the time we got it (in February of this year) the new 2009 color of Silver was the only one in stock. Oh well. We still like it.

Yours is super fab though! It's definitely a big inspiration! :D

Aw thanks! I hope it will inspire you by all means to start expanding whenever you get can get hold of some accessories. I'll always think of your posts when I look at it. :)

SewIn2Disney said:
I love the Main Street station---I've never seen that before, and its awesome!
I have just the monorail going around the tree this year---didn't have time to set up my Castle, Spaceship Earth and Tree of Life. Would love to get my hands on the set of signs though--I love them!

If you go on Ebay, you'll find the Maint Street station and sign sets going around. There's usually alot of bids on them and some people also sell them on the "Buy It Now" stores. You may be wise to head on over there to see if any pop up. I've been getting alot of comments on my sign set, never realized it was so popular! I started out in 2003 with my Monorail Yellow set with just a basic circle and began to expand as the years went on, which eventually ended up to this.

Big Cheese said:
Very Nice! I hope those monorails are going in the same direction!!:eek:
I would hope they're going in the same direction or I'd have another monorail collision (not at WDW, but in my own living room) at stake here - lol

Figment82

I have the original Monorail Red (back when it wasn't a hollow playset inside) - I believe it was one of the first, if not the first Monorail that came out.

I used to put it around the Christmas tree, but I've since moved and haven't unpacked it yet. I'd love to try doing it next year - would like great running on top of my Cinderella Castle tree skirt. :)

DizneyPryncess

That's awesome!! Great collection! That inspires me to want to do that to my future tree when I move to a bigger place. I bought my nephew the monorail set, and he doesn't seem to really care about it. Maybe I'll have to steal that back, haha. :) Good job!

IDreamOfDisney

The original yellow-striped monorail I have I bought in 2003 when we stayed at the Contemporary. It is in great condition (just stopped working for whatever reason) and I plan on using that only for display purposes (maybe down the road set up a piece of track next to the beam and display it). The black-striped one I won with an E-Bay auction back in 2007, along with a box of both extra straight and curved track. The black-stripe was sold at WDW sometime around 2000 and has since retired. The blue stripe, I believe, was the first one to have the hollowed out middle cars and the little characters. I bought this one on our last trip in 2007 when we stayed at All-Star Movies. Both the black and blue-striped trains work perfectly and are in excellent condition, with the black one having an extra-speed motor that makes it run a tad faster than the blue striped one.

The train works fine as well. The track that came with it, when snapped together, wasn't well made as the train had a hard time making it around the course due to lack of contact in certain spots. The track I'm using now (in the pics) is from another train set. It is made better and has much better contact with the train that it can complete the course without a problem. When I pack everything away after the holidays are over, I plan on putting that track with my Caroline Pacific train set since I plan on using it from now on (unless I happen to get one of those rare H-O WDW Railroad sets).

First of all... Fantastic pics. I wish I had the time to do that. :xmas:

Not surpirsed to hear about Monorail Yellow. There were issues with the motor and the item was recalled/pulled from the stores in 2004. I believe that Monorail Black was a Disney catalog exclusive.

Happy Hollidays :xmas::xmas::xmas:

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
That's a whole bunch of awesome!!!:xmas:

BTW, the tiger from Alladin is Rajah.

Rajah,....that's the tiger's name! Thanks for the help there! ;)

DizneyPryncess said:
That's awesome!! Great collection! That inspires me to want to do that to my future tree when I move to a bigger place. I bought my nephew the monorail set, and he doesn't seem to really care about it. Maybe I'll have to steal that back, haha. :) Good job!

You are probably at least the second or third person here of whom became inspired with my layout. Makes me feel good to know that whenever I look at it! Good luck and I hope you get to do something similar in the near future! Hope you'll post pics when you do! :)

luvlifeinfl

I agree those are awesome displays, time to expand the house and have a room dedicated for those displays so you can see them everyday!

heartodisney

picture.php

Thank you for sharing these pics, truely Christmas Magic! I can only hope to do a "touch" of what you have done!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom