My most embarrassing moment at Disney, Share yours!

graphite1326

Fun thread!

But I think I have everyone beat ...

About 5 or 6 years ago I went on my last and final trip to Blizzard Beach ... so yea we all know where this is going ... Summit Plummet ... the difference in my scenario is my top didn't merely slip down on my return to Earth ... it came clean off and the embarrassment and anxiety of searching around with one hand through splashing raging water, while trying to remain modest with my other hand, coupled with the impending arrival of another rider is enough to cause a mini heart attack.
Yes and I have pictures

asc341

Embarrassing parent story here - I must have been around 10 years old, balancing on a curb inside of EPCOT Center. My mom told me to get down, because if I fell and hurt myself I'd be in trouble for not listening and for holding up our EPCOT day. Well of course, I fell and skinned my knee pretty well, and mom let me have it, and there were a lot of witnesses. I was a super shy kid and didn't like a lot of attention, so a bunch of strangers staring at me, looking in disapproval of the little girl who didnt' listen to her mother, was an embarrassing moment indeed.

Sue_Vongello

Oh I was just kidding...............maybe

And just like that ... my dreams of having 10-11 min of fame from an "embarrassing" leaked (but not really leaked because like a Kardashian I am an attention who publicly denys the leak but in private loves the attention it garners) nude picture internet scandal comes to a close ... cest la vie ... and now back to anonymous MM+ bashing ...

Agent1964fem

I think it terrible when parents take special kids to places they know are off limits out of selfishness but here you are taking your dinosaur lover on a ride because dino's are what they love. You just never know how a child is going to react whether that child has Aspergers or not. My youngest will ride RRR all day long but will NOT go on TOT. I cannot do RRR but TOT is within my highest limit, I don't understand it but it's not for me to determine what she does and does not like. At least you are willing to try something just in case it works rather than being afraid of everything. I'm sorry a stranger ambushed you like that but it's good to hear you talked it out and are none the worse for wear! I hope your child still loves dinosaurs and appreciates what an awesome mom he has because she's willing to dare anything for him!

Agent1964fem

My son is now 22 and still loves everything nature. He has overcome so many fears. He now has a job at a amusement park as a ride operator. Unfortunately he has not overcome his fear of the Dinosaur ride. He plans to try again in July when we go. I'll keep you posted.

Agent1964fem

First time we took our kids to Disney 2003 ...My oldest son was 9 (he also has Aspergers) . He loved dinosaurs and basically anything nature and science. I asked before we got on the ride what the attraction was like. CM told us its a bumpy ride in the dark I said ok I started to walk away and he yells after us . You might see a dinosaur here and there . I said ok thanks ! Lets just say by the end of the ride my son was in hysterics and the lady that was on the ride in front us turned around to tell me what I horrible mother I was for subjecting my son to this ride. Needless to say Disney security was called and we were taken to a location to talk things out . This woman was a MINISTER no less . She apologized and apologized again. I think I was probably a topic for one of her sermons.

Hey my son is now 22 and my youngest son is now graduated. They both are ride operators at Hershey Park. My son with Aspergers has come so far. But he has not overcame is fear of the dinosaur ride. He hopes to ride it I July when we go. I'll keep everyone posted.

armyfamilyof5

My son is now 22 and still loves everything nature. He has overcome so many fears. He now has a job at a amusement park as a ride operator. Unfortunately he has not overcome his fear of the Dinosaur ride. He plans to try again in July when we go. I'll keep you posted.

That is awesome for your boy! Can't wait to hear how he does this next time, it's wonderful he is fullfilling his potential, probaby because of the support of a great family, wtg!

SyracuseDisneyFan

I really don't know if this qualifies as embarrassing, but here I go. The last time I was there, my family and I went to Disney Hollywood Studios on our last night there before coming back to Syracuse, NY. We were on the Tower of Terror. My Dad informed me that I'd been screaming like a girl. I told him I'm a girl so it's my job to scream like a girl.

StarWarsGirl

Fun thread!

But I think I have everyone beat ...

About 5 or 6 years ago I went on my last and final trip to Blizzard Beach ... so yea we all know where this is going ... Summit Plummet ... the difference in my scenario is my top didn't merely slip down on my return to Earth ... it came clean off and the embarrassment and anxiety of searching around with one hand through splashing raging water, while trying to remain modest with my other hand, coupled with the impending arrival of another rider is enough to cause a mini heart attack.

...and this is why you wear a one piece bathing suit or a tankini to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, lol! So sorry!

StarWarsGirl

Well, when I was finished 7th grade, I was travelling to WDW (by car thank goodness) and I decided to wear white shorts while travelling. Ladies, you know where this went. I learned a valuable lesson about life, being a woman, and white shorts.

My dad's had two moments. Once was when he for some reason decided to ride with me on the Indy Speedway. He tripped and fell coming out of the car and was bleeding. Not badly, but he has a scar. The other time was coming back from EMH at MK to BLT. It was the one time we stayed until 3 am, and he was really tired. So tired he didn't see the "Caution: Wet Floor" sign as we walked into the lobby. I turned around and he had completely knocked it over. With a loud crash too. The CMs were probably wondering what he had to drink and I just laughed and laughed...and I've never let him forget it either!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom