My most embarrassing moment at Disney, Share yours!

Fable McCloud

Most embarrassing thing at Disney World for me: going for the first time in 2008 My dad, the most tourist-y guy I ever met, walks out of the bathroom of our hotel room wearing a Hawaiian shirt, and khaki shorts. Okay, fine.

It is when were are in line for the buses that he pulls a safari helmet out of his bag and puts it and his binoculars on for our trip to AK. The people around us are staring and murmuring. I was so embarrassed. Now I appreciate it and do worse with my boyfriend. We LIVE to make people laugh.

There was an embarrassing moment, kinda both for me and my dad. I took him with me on the Tower of Terror despite how many times he said no. We rode it, I'm laughing, he's cursing me out. So we get to the picture kiosk and there's the picture of our car and my dad has his eyes shut and his hand holding the side bar with a death grip. People were pointing at that one and laughing. Me and him looked at each other, then immediately left before anyone could point us out. Embarrassing for him, but hilarious for the both of us!

danpam1024

There was an embarrassing moment, kinda both for me and my dad. I took him with me on the Tower of Terror despite how many times he said no. We rode it, I'm laughing, he's cursing me out. So we get to the picture kiosk and there's the picture of our car and my dad has his eyes shut and his hand holding the side bar with a death grip. People were pointing at that one and laughing. Me and him looked at each other, then immediately left before anyone could point us out. Embarrassing for him, but hilarious for the both of us!
Did you buy it?!

copcarguyp71

I was wearing one of my favorite T-shirts that says "warning I do dumb things" and as I walk up to the Dinosaur ride a castmember says "I love your shirt...by the way your fly is open" a good laugh and I guess I had it comin' to me with that shirt on!

The Mighty Tim

From my last trip - an almost embarrassing moment.

As part of the deal, we got to claim a $100 gift card from the large Disney store at Downtown Disney. I went into the store and browsed for a bit. Evidently, the large amounts of Star Wars stuff on sale and the fact that I am a Star Wars fan had an effect on me, for when I was asked for identification when claiming my gift card, I almost blurted out "you don't need to see my identification" complete with hand wave. Fortunately, I stopped myself just in time.

ItlngrlBella

Embarrassment by association:

My best friend and her family went to WDW with us. Our kids are the same ages - at that time we each had 1 girl both age 7 - she also had a boy age 2 1/2 and I had a younger daughter age 3.

Their little guy was climbing rocks in queue at Ariels ride, throwing tantrums and they never disciplined him "because he's a boy and that's what they do." :cautious:

We go to see Crush at Turtle Talk.
Knowing my 2.5 needed to be held vs sit with he other kids - I held her and she was fine. Our older girls were fine with the other kids on the floor and stayed behind the line that the CM's clearly state they must sit behind.

She let her little guy sit up there.

Problem: he won't sit down.

Crush swims in - the kid runs up to the "tank"

Crush: "Hey little Guppy, where's your Momma?"

Kid starts pointing and yelling at Crush.

My friend is sitting there watching the whole thing with a smile on her face and missing Crush's 1/2 joking and 1/2 p*ssed comments that no one has walked him back.

Meanwhile I'm elbowing her to get him and at the same time wanting to crawl underneath the bench.

Crush: Can someone scoop this little guppy up?

Her kid is now pointing at Crush and yelling "No! You are STUPID!"

She finally went to get him.

I wanted to die due to association.:facepalm:

Schneewittchen

Many years ago, I had a one bicycle wreck on a trail at Fort Wilderness. Overcooked a corner and went into a ditch. Scraped my knee, wounded my pride. Only my husband saw the wreck, but for the rest of the day I was limping at bit and my knee looked like hamburger even after we cleaned it up. Every CM that saw me that day was asking if I needed first aid. So embarrassing.

MississippiBelle

Our first embarrassing tale is my daughter's fear of roller coasters. She wanted nothing to do with roller coasters. Our first time at Disney- we thought the Barnstormer wasn't REALLY a coaster, talked her into it. She screamed the entire ride.. like someone was beating her. It was HORRIBLE.
Got off the ride, and my kid, who never raised her hand before, starts whacking her father on the leg screaming "you LIED! it was a ROLLER COASTER, DADDY! You LIED!!!!!!!!!!" Huge wracking sobs.
Everyone must have thought we were the worst parents ever. Never talked her into another ride again.
Our next embarrassing story was a repeat- she wanted to go on Space Mtn. a few years later. WE BEGGGED her not to, told her she'd hate it, insisted it was a roller coaster. She insisted. Repeat the screaming- So awful.
She still won't go near kiddie coasters and she's almost 9. Thank goodness she likes just walking around Disney!

I know your post was from two years ago, but your daughter reminds me of me! Space Mountain was my first roller coaster and I insisted on going. My mom wouldn't let me get back out of the line after we were in it because she knew I would regret it later. I screamed and sobbed all the way through the line, then loved it once I was on the ride!

glvsav37

Most embarrassing thing at Disney World for me: going for the first time in 2008 My dad, the most tourist-y guy I ever met, walks out of the bathroom of our hotel room wearing a Hawaiian shirt, and khaki shorts. Okay, fine.

It is when were are in line for the buses that he pulls a safari helmet out of his bag and puts it and his binoculars on for our trip to AK. The people around us are staring and murmuring. I was so embarrassed. Now I appreciate it and do worse with my boyfriend. We LIVE to make people laugh.

same here...I know this is an old post, but ...I am sooooo doing this on our next trip!!!

ArielLover

No worries! We were weak and learned a lot from the situtation, were that to happen again the outcome would be totally the opposite. I think my infantry soldier just having returned from a 15 month deployment to Iraq during the war and my joy to just have him home safe made me not sweat the small stuff and believe me, having suffered a few hours of discomfort and paying a bunch of money for nothing had been the least of our worries for awhile...the rest of our trip was wonderful as well as all the ones that have followed, we have been truly blessed!
Thank him for his service for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom