My most embarrassing moment at Disney, Share yours!

danpam1024

My second embarrassing experience was this last winter when I wore my "comfort" jeans on our flight to Orlando. (The jeans you've had for a long time but won't get rid of because they're so comfortable.) We went through DME and were first of about a dozen people in line for Pop Century. Being first on the bus my DD sat in the seat right behind the driver then at the last second decided she wanted the aisle instead of window. We hurried up and switched before everyone else got on board BUT...I got the pocket to my jeans caught on the arm rest...and split my jeans and ripped the pocket off!:oops: I sat straight down mortified, lol. I hadn't packed extra clothes in our carry on so that wasn't an option.

I decided before we got to our resort I would tie my coat around my waist. As we were pulling out of MCO, but before the WDW program started playing (you know that nice quiet time), my DD starts singing Spongebob's "Ripped Pants" song! Everyone close to us was laughing so that made me more paranoid. Thank gosh the program started. We got to our resort and were lucky to be the last people on the bus. I tied my coat on but it was too short so I retrieved my carry on and put it around my shoulder and behind me hoping no one would notice my "ripped pants". I checked in online and being later in the evening I figured easy-peasy, get our key card and go straight to the room...no...they misplaced my packet...:mad:. I stood there for ten minutes while they tried to figure out what happened. I was so irritated by the time everything was resolved I didn't care who saw my bright pink undies, lol. We got to our room and called home to check in and the first words out of my DD's mouth was "Hi Gramma. Mommy ripped her pants." Man I miss those jeans.
at least you had undies on :D

gwhb75

I keep seeing "DD" and "DH" and other terms... what do those stand for kindly?

The first D stands for dear (not Disney) and the second stands for the relation to you (H = Husband, D = Daughter, S = Son, W = Wife)

There is a page on this website ( http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm ) that has explanations for the more common short forms used (trust me, there's lots and they are sometimes hard to keep track of (especially some of the one's used for attractions))

Agent1964fem

yes I thought of another one too. My youngest son decided that we were going on Mission Space. It was just me and my son on the circles then I turned around again and there was this man standing behind my son . We are on the ride and he asked if we were ever on the ride. I said have you ever flown before. He said no I don't fly. So on through the conversation I suggested maybe this wasn't the ride for him. So he still gets in the ride and we are now strapped in the ride and he starts freakin out. Yes yelling and screaming banging on the ride. I said dude trust me ok its not that bad. My heart is racing really fast. He looks at my youngest son who was 16 at the time dude don't think I'm gay but if I hold your hand don't take it the wrong way . So he gets off the ride and says thank you and just walks away. So I meet up with my husband and I start venting about what happened. I look over and there stands a family with small kids the lady looks at her husband they take their kids and literally run away. Should of could of would ofs sorry lady and man with little kids.

WDW97

While this is not even remotely nearly on the embarassing scale as someone almost walking in while a couple is "changing"...when I was a teenager, our youth choir at church used to go to a thing called SonPower every other year. We would practice music in the mornings and evenings and in the afternoon we would go roam around Orlando and surrounding areas. Our music minister would order us the most hideous neon colored shirts imaginable for the purpose of spotting all of us. Being 14 and in a eye-blaring bright shirt was horrid. That's not the embarrassing part, though. We were strolling down Main Street during one afternoon, and one of my friends, who decided to talk with an Australian accent all summer (we weren't close friends), started going off on a loud, accented rant about how miserable Disney was, how he was not having any fun, and he wanted to leave. After we all ducked into stores to get away from him, he pouted and left the park. Ahh teenagers.
Oh my gosh! I love going to SonPower! I can't recall an embarrassing moment right now, but I know that I've had a few.

The Mighty Tim

On our last trip, my brother and I started to rename the rides and parks by replacing a word (or part thereof) with "derp". Something to do in the queues you see.

Anyway, I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I remember asking a CM a question about the "Magic Kingderp" before quickly correcting myself.

Months later, my brother and I fondly remember our trip to WDW, in particular the parks; Magic Kingderp, Derpcot, Animal Kingderp and Wlolydoho (a joke from a comedy sketch we both like)

WannaBWendy

When my son was 5 he told a little girl he had just met that he had a big Woody. Her mother came over and grabbed her by the hand and drug her away. He probably should have told her he also had a big Buzz Lightyear. Needless to say, there are NUMEROUS jokes bantered about every time we see Woody and Buzz in the park. ;)

armyfamilyof5

First time we took our kids to Disney 2003 ...My oldest son was 9 (he also has Aspergers) . He loved dinosaurs and basically anything nature and science. I asked before we got on the ride what the attraction was like. CM told us its a bumpy ride in the dark I said ok I started to walk away and he yells after us . You might see a dinosaur here and there . I said ok thanks ! Lets just say by the end of the ride my son was in hysterics and the lady that was on the ride in front us turned around to tell me what I horrible mother I was for subjecting my son to this ride. Needless to say Disney security was called and we were taken to a location to talk things out . This woman was a MINISTER no less . She apologized and apologized again. I think I was probably a topic for one of her sermons.

I think it terrible when parents take special kids to places they know are off limits out of selfishness but here you are taking your dinosaur lover on a ride because dino's are what they love. You just never know how a child is going to react whether that child has Aspergers or not. My youngest will ride RRR all day long but will NOT go on TOT. I cannot do RRR but TOT is within my highest limit, I don't understand it but it's not for me to determine what she does and does not like. At least you are willing to try something just in case it works rather than being afraid of everything. I'm sorry a stranger ambushed you like that but it's good to hear you talked it out and are none the worse for wear! I hope your child still loves dinosaurs and appreciates what an awesome mom he has because she's willing to dare anything for him!

Neph-Neph

This is not really my embarrassing story but it affected our whole party's day.

I was with a group a friends and this was my second trip with my friend, Monte. The first time I had gone with him he rode ToT and HATED it. Somehow on this trip we had talked him into riding it again (ah, peer pressure.) Well as we were going up he said, "I don't want to do this." So I told him, "Why don't you tell the whole cart about it." and sure enough (this is where I get a little embarrassed) Monte says very loudly "Excuse me! I just want to let everyone here know that I do not want to be on this ride!" and everyone started laughing and telling him to "Man up!"

Sure enough when the elevator drops he death grips me and screams like a little girl.

Afterwards everyone cheered for him and told him "You made it!" People were coming up to us all day saying "Hey! We rode Tower of Terror with you guys! You made our day!"

My souvenir was a bruise from the death grip.

Okay, maybe it's not that embarrassing. I just love telling that story!

Mark In KY

On my latest trip in April the World Cheerleading Championships were going on at ESPN. While in line for Tower of Terror I zigged when a group of youngsters zagged and I took down 4 itsy-bitsy young ladies. I'm an even 6 ft. and weigh 210 lb., I doubt the 4 of them weighed that together. I apologized to all in attendance and still felt like the biggest dork in the world.

topher

During my CP I was on the mic spieling and the microphone started cutting out. I was jiggling the connection trying to get it to work again and never actually turned the microphone off. I couldn't get it to work and started fussing about the junk we had to work with, how they never fix stuff, etc.
Turns out the microphone was on the entire time.
I don't think anyone thought anything of it but I was very embarrassed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom