My Magic + details ...

flynnibus

Premium Member
No.. I rather listen to those who are not Disney addicts... Disney can do no wrong with too many in the fan community.... I rather listen to someone who is not inflicted with pixie dust syndrome... I trust their opinions more...

Well.. the knife cuts both ways. Selectively picking who to include or not is just as biased as those who selectively chose to see only good.

tare

I'm not going to worry about it either cause I will never use this crap... I'm done with WDW... The place does not deserve my time or money....
That's too bad you feel that way. Disney is such a magical place. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. :)

luv

I'm in love with my RFID card. I want to marry it. The paper passes sucked and required constant replacement. This thing works!!!

I'm going to start a blog about how happy I am Disney FINALLY got rid of those paper APs.

And I stick it in an RFID-protected wallet, so no worries there. :)

tare

Or sometimes you don't just accept crap... I don't accept crap... Disney is pumping out crap in WDW... It isn't magical, not like it used to be... Disney does not deserve my time or dime...
I don't accept c**p either but disney is still magical and has been sine I was a kid. Been going there forever and will continue to do so. Everyone has their own opinion and feelings.

dadddio

Speaking only for myself here... spending a week in Orlando and have no plans to step foot into any of the 4 WDW parks or dining at any of the restaurants... in fact, I purchased my Universal tickets yesterday, including my HHN tickets, and I am planning on dining off WDW property every day and night... So some of us actually do stick to our guns, say what we mean, and mean what we say when we say we won't spend a dime in WDW until they give us a reason to... And this NGE crap, well, this may be the straw that broke the camel's back and keeps me from ever returning there again... Unlike mentally ill Disney fans, I can have fun anywhere I go...
I bet that it burns you up that some of that money that you paid to Universal goes to Disney.

dadddio

It didn't have to be "new information". It was confirmation, from a rep specifically trained to disseminate "official" information on this program to anyone who asked. That makes this "CONFIRMED information" on the program, which is more than we had before. ...

"If a guest misses their Fastpass window, they will not receive another Fastpass".
I guess that you don't believe that the T&C contains official information, or you haven't actually read it.

Sped2424

No.. I rather listen to those who are not Disney addicts... Disney can do no wrong with too many in the fan community.... I rather listen to someone who is not inflicted with pixie dust syndrome... I trust their opinions more...
You mean over 75 percent of people on this site lol No where have I found a bigger critic of My magic plus than here at WDWmagic

ThemeParkJunkee

I'm in love with my RFID card. I want to marry it. The paper passes sucked and required constant replacement. This thing works!!!

I'm going to start a blog about how happy I am Disney FINALLY got rid of those paper APs.

And I stick it in an RFID-protected wallet, so no worries there. :)

And for Magic Bands, you can make a portable "Faraday Cage" using a foil lined Altoids container. You can also use this for RFID enabled cards of any kind.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I suggest looking at THIS video from DEFCON 12

One could easily hide the long range reader in a laundry cart

I don't know much about this particular implementation. However, with my rudimentary understanding of the funcionality, the RFID unit will have a ticket number reference on it, or perhaps (the way I would implement it) an indirect index to a ticket number reference. So the ability to read your RFID will get you a number that has no Personally Identifiable Information value.

As far as cloning it, someone with the ability to make a clone of your RFID could gain park entrance, and, if you've enabled it, enter your room, charge to your room account, use your dining credits, etc. But *not* to steal your identity (in a more general way outside of the resort context - such as bank accounts or get credit in your name, etc.) because the PII necessary to do that will not be on the RFID. He would have to have separate intelligence to enter your room (such as watching to see what room you access) since cloning would not reveal your room number. Also, it would not reveal your PIN, so anything requiring your PIN (such as dining plan, etc.) will not be accessible, unless he stole your PIN separately (by observing you entering it, for example). Also, once you use it the first time for park entry, the system will record your biometric information, so anything requiring that would not be possible.

Other illegal activities (I can't think of any, but there might be) would be quickly detected because there would be conflicting activities taking place at multiple locations, or other easily observable anomolies.

But encryption would make cloning very difficult and even if you can defeat that, cloning really doesn't give you much benefit (for the reasons described above) and so I'm not sure what the concern is.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I told my DVC guide I was very unhappy about being tracked like a felon on house arrest and if I had known about the NGE tracking technology I would have not added on to my DVC contracts, Currently for next year's visit I am considering a park-less trip and/or a trip which has very limited park time. DVC is a good deal but I can live without the parks and their dystopian tracking systems.

For posters on a Disney discussion forum, do you really think even for a second that not going to Walt Disney World is really a viable option for most people? How many members here do you think fall into the category of people who grow up without visiting a Disney theme park?

Sure, we could all never set foot in the place again, but we tend to have a lot of time, money, and emotions wrapped up in Disney, even those of us not addicted to pixie-dust (maybe especially those who haven't overdosed - we still expect Disney to maintain its own standards and aren't willing to blindly accept things). It just isn't a realistic option to expect such persons to quietly go along with a debacle on the scale of NGE without raising (generally) perfectly legitimate objections.

Besides, do you also really believe the Disney company actually wants to alienate many of its most loyal consumers?

You can make pretty much anything sound innocent enough by speaking only in very general terms and not telling the whole story. Disney appears to be counting on that.

ThemeParkJunkee

I go on Orlando vacations, not Disney vacations. I have also gone on California vacations, not Disney vacations. There are so many things to do both places. I choose to do theme parks as part of my vacation. A fun way to add imagination to my otherwise warm weather while my weather is not so warm vacations.

Whenever I am on vacation, a day at a theme park will likely be part of it. Orlando and southern CA have more than most.

luv

And for Magic Bands, you can make a portable "Faraday Cage" using a foil lined Altoids container. You can also use this for RFID enabled cards of any kind.
If they forced a magic band on me (which I hope they won't) and I didn't want it registering, I'd just toss it in my Sunpass bag. Not sure how worried about that I am, though, honestly.

I also lie about my address when I travel and always have. Not an RFID thing - just a cautious thing. So I'm not worried about anyone going to my house...even though they'd likely be caught, which I discovered when returning early from a trip without alerting the neighbors!!

$20 (for an RFID-protected wallet) and a lie will basically protect everyone from all this stuff. And I was already doing it, so it's not too big a worry for me. :)

But those new APs work beautifully at the tapstiles, so far. I had a brief problem at a water park with the guy saying I needed to do it again, but he immediately admitted that he hadn't been looking when i told him it had worked, lol. No problems ever with the park one!

Love these things!

ParentsOf4

Are you not reading the very threads on this site? There are a half dozen or more people reporting their stories since the Aug tests have started. They are largely positive
It seems so far reports are mixed. There have been many satisfied guests but many frustrated ones as well.

MM+ currently is a volunteer program. Those willing to volunteer for any program tend to be more inclined to have a positive view of it.

MM+ participants have been getting preferential treatment; lots of attention from MM+ team members, free room upgrades, etc. Nothing buys a favorable review better than comps.

With only a small subset of guests currently having access to FP+, of course those FP+ participants will have preferred access to pretty much any attraction they want. It will be different when everyone has exactly the same access. Just ask people's reactions when they no longer are able to get FP+ selections for TSM at will.

Despite being a volunteer program, only about 30% opted in to make FP+ selections before arrival. That's potentially a disastrous number for Disney. That's 30% of people who volunteered to participate in the program. As Disney CFO Jay Rasulo said: "So if we can get people to plan their vacation before they leave home, we know that we get more time with them. We get a bigger share of their wallet." If Disney can't get a much higher participation rate, a lot of the investment justification for MM+ will go out the window.

Wall Street's eyes are heavily focused on MM+ right now. Iger's put his name on MM+ and is going to claim the program is a success no matter what the numbers. 12 months from now, we'll need to look beyond his words to evaluate what's truly going on at WDW and Uni (Diagon Alley will be open by then) to get a better appreciation of whether MM+ is accomplishing its financial objectives.

Last edited:

Bolna

You really have a problem with some one saying to you" enjoy your dinner at chef mickeys later today! Mickey can't wait to see you" !?! :confused:

Yes, I find that creepy.

Personalisation is something valuable because it is individualised attention. It normally means that someone makes the effort to learn something about me as an individual and adjusts his or her actions towards me accordingly. This is what makes it special - someone else is making an effort for me. If it is automated thanks to some computer system they are using, it loses that.

I am also not that impressed if at a shop, where I paid with my credit card, they address me by my name during this transaction. But I am very impressed when they still know me the next time I am there before they see my credit card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom