My Magic + details ...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Not to mention that magic moment that all of us have done, or been a recipient of, I suspect...where someone decides, youknow, I really don't want to use these fast passes I have...

And they approach you, out of the blue, and offer them to you.

Guests making magic for other Guests...

Now, they'll all just have their noses shoved into their smartphones as they "plan" out their day and snap photos with their iPads.

<facepalms>

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This sums it up for me, too. I'm fine with the band itself, but the FP+ system is leaving guests like myself screwed at this point. I'm hoping they are going to change their ways once they realize how upsetting this is to some people.
I think they're in too deep to bail now.
You may get some tweaking after implementation, if enough of us complain vociferously.
Or maybe not even then.
I was never anti-band. I think they're awesome. But, I really loathe the idea of scheduling my Fastpasses 60 days out.
As my kids would say - EPIC FAIL!

Taylor

Yes, I took it to mean food pre-order is a FP+ only activity. But I'll check. Entertainment is parades and pyro, yes.

No start date.

I still believe it will be well into 2014 before this goes live for all.
Please be after June 2014 I gotta huge High School graduation trip planned and I don't want to deal with FP+ until I'm in the CP and I'm getting yelled at by guests that hate it

Bolna

Seeing as they want this to go global, it would make sense to have a distribution center in Europe that could then be used to fulfill orders for Disneyland Paris. This though assumes a lot of forethought on Disney's part.

However, I still can't see the MagicBand going over well with a mainly European audience at DLP - and the large crowd of locals there...

Lee

Adventurer
You may get some tweaking after implementation, if enough of us complain vociferously.
Or maybe not even then.
I was never anti-band. I think they're awesome. But, I really loathe the idea of scheduling my Fastpasses 60 days out.
Yeah.
The bands are ok, so long as the security concerns were addressed.

Nothing about FP+ is appealing at all. Quite the opposite.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Not to mention that magic moment that all of us have done, or been a recipient of, I suspect...where someone decides, youknow, I really don't want to use these fast passes I have...

Now, they'll all just have their noses shoved into their smartphones as they "plan" out their day and snap photos with their iPads.

<facepalms>
Oh my gosh, I never even considered this.
I gave away 4 Soarin' FP's last November to folks who were mighty grateful.
So much for satisfying my good deed/day quota that way.

bubbles1812

There isn't a park that you need three fast passes in a day except Epcot when it's busy. And I'm the same as you I visit 3 parks a day when I'm there. This will kill the waterparks.
Interesting thought about the waterparks. I would agree that the hyper planning/getting so few passes will force people to rigidly plan so much that they could forget about the waterparks. I wouldn't be surprised with the Magic Bands being waterproof if they try to incorporate some good ol' FP+ into them as well.

Final thoughts...
1) 3 is too few a number. I can see a lot of guests being unhappy
2) The FP+ only things are weird, especially for food. I feel bad for the poor suckers who use their FPs on stuff like that. Or even for the fireworks... Sorry but I can find a spot just fine without needing a FP
3) The new system would appear to royally screw anyone who takes spontaneous trips to Disney that aren't planned from months out. Can't imagine happy guests there either
4) I don't see Park Hopping as very advantageous with this new system. I suspect guests will figure that out. Maybe Disney will get hurt there when they notice that overpriced feature isn't being bought as much.
5) It still sucks.

Calvin Coolidge

This still carries very little appeal to me. I don't understand the appeal of making reservations for anything so far in advance. I make it a point to not make more than one ADR a day, so the rest of the day can basically be plan-free.

Wasn't the purpose of eliminating Fastpass to disincentivize clipboard-and-whistle park touring?

Oh well.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Right now, late summer or early fall. Of course, originally it was supposed to be late spring, early summer, which got pushed back pretty quickly. I'd expect it to get pushed back again if the CM test in July goes how I expect it to.

No way they get it that fast.

I talked to a management type last month and was told they are internally saying January 1st, but that they are prepared for it to be summer of 2014.

Now, that is for all and with paper FPs gone and everyone has an RFID ticket of some kind. So, people may well be utilizing aspects of it sooner ... they already are with some aspects.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Heh...if I can't have the lazy hazy days of spontaneity, it makes me think...hrm...

I can't predict illness, weather, general mood, etc 60 days out. ADRs alone add enough stress to a vacation (as EPCOT is so heavy on restaurants already that it really ruins that, as the places you probably want to eat to maintain variety on a longer trip are a resort hop or monorail ride away...and require park admission)

This sort of implementation makes me think...ok, fine. I'll do 4 days, one at each park. No Dining Plan, no Park Hopper (no need now), No WP&M...

One day at DTD / Typhoon or another Water Park

One day at Legoland

One day at Sea World

Then move hotels up I-4 to Universal for 3 - 4 days and do IoA and Uni.

Or...I could just do a cruise. :p

maxairmike

No way they get it that fast.

I talked to a management type last month and was told they are internally saying January 1st, but that they are prepared for it to be summer of 2014.

Now, that is for all and with paper FPs gone and everyone has an RFID ticket of some kind. So, people may well be utilizing aspects of it sooner ... they already are with some aspects.

Wow, they're being nowhere near that pessimistic (more like realistic) in the circles my friends are in. Of course, many still barely know what Universal or SeaWorld are or offer and have no clue a gigantic hotel aimed right at Disney's "values" is opening in the near future at Universal...

I've been more along the early to mid 2014 personally, but constantly hearing fall of this year as their late target pushes the talking point. That isn't with paper FP gone completely, but it is for everyone having access to the bands, FP+, and pretty much everything else.

PUSH

Or maybe not even then.

That's what I meant, some tweaking, not eliminating the 60 days in advance thing. Although that's not a bad idea, either...

dadddio

Three.

One park.

That's really all you need to know.

Doesn't matter whether you have a one day ticket, a 10-day hopper or an AP.

So, everyone is equally screwed.
We don't actually know that there will be a three FP limit. We only know that three FPs will be able to be prereserved.

It should be noted that in every FP+ test including the current one, people were able to preserve FPs and also obtain additional same-day FPs. The fact that paper FPs using the current FP system won't be available doesn't mean that same-day virtual FPs won't be offered.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You know what else would grind my gears?

When I preplan a FP and walk up to see the line is only 15 minutes for Splash Mountain (for whatever reason)...

Now, I've burned one of my FPs...

Oh, yeah, I can hop on my phone and change it!

<fiddles on phone and grabs Space Mountain>

Wait, there are no more FPs available because the other 30 - 50k guests at MK that day booked them all up?

Oh, and it rained for 2 hours this afternoon due to a tropical storm, so hard that Big Thunder (another one of my FPs) was shut down.

Now, all the people with a 20 minute window for their pre-reserved FPs are straight out of luck...so Disney starts giving them "use anytime" FPs as Guest Service, and when the rain stops, they all show back up.

is Disney thinking?

PUSH

<facepalms>

One of the most memorable moments from last trip was when we gave two leftover Soarin' FPs to these two girls. They had the look of "the line is two hours long, let's skip it" on their faces. They were shocked, and it looked like one of them was going to give us a hug.

No more special moments like that...

Taylor

That's what I meant, some tweaking, not eliminating the 60 days in advance thing. Although that's not a bad idea, either...
I think the tweaks will be something to help with the park hoppers and maybe an extra couple of FP's. IMO if they want to put a limit on FP's used a good number would be 6 so you could use 3 per park.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
One of the most memorable moments from last trip was when we gave two leftover Soarin' FPs to these two girls. They had the look of "the line is two hours long, let's skip it" on their faces. They were shocked, and it looked like one of them was going to give us a hug.

No more special moments like that...

I've been on both sides of this exact type of transaction. Truly MAGIC!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom