My Magic + details ...

lazyboy97o

Nice summary. I am still sceptical how long they will keep up the worldwide delivery though. Considering that it just took 5 weeks for my Wild Africa Trek photo CD to travel from the US to Germany, I would hate for my bad to arrive when I come back from my trip... Maybe they will have a distribution center in the UK for Europe. Would make sense...

Seeing as they want this to go global, it would make sense to have a distribution center in Europe that could then be used to fulfill orders for Disneyland Paris. This though assumes a lot of forethought on Disney's part.

stevehousse

Kind of confused about the food and FP+ only activities???

Is this pre selecting your food at QS locations?

Have no idea what these FP+ only activities mean?

And I would assume entertainment refers to night time shows?

This really sucks bout the 3 fast pass limit! I was someone who was able to always use FP to its advantage an this new system is not friendly to folks like me. I understand how this could help first timers but it leaves people like me in the dust! :(

Any start date with the system yet?

PUSH

I try not to be a Debby Downer, but this really sucks. Thanks for the info, though.

And I question that popped into my mind was, if I don't buy my tickets until I arrive at the Disney resort (like I normally do), I won't get a choice of color, and I won't be able to schedule FP+ two months in advance?

WDW1974

Original Poster
So...one park per day. So, why should I pay extra for Park Hopper Tickets?

This whole program just confuses me. I just don't get how it made it to an implementation phase without someone saying "er...guys, maybe this isn't so hot?"

This is something I've wondered since the rumors started leaking out. Someone who spends a commando day starting at Studios in the morning, heading to EPCOT from noon to 6 and doing night at MK is royally screwed. You visit three parks, but you can only use FP+ in one ... and that might be first thing in the morning to ride TSMM and you don't even need or use anything else at that park. There is absolutely nothing in this scheme that remotely has changed my opinion from 2009 when I first heard about the existence of this NGE initiative.

maxairmike

Right now, late summer or early fall. Of course, originally it was supposed to be late spring, early summer, which got pushed back pretty quickly. I'd expect it to get pushed back again if the CM test in July goes how I expect it to.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Jives with a lot of what I've heard and expands on most of it, including one piece that has really raised my ire every time I've heard it. If they try that at DL when they force it on the west coast parks, they should have lots of fun with that...

They won't.

They wanted to. But it won't happen. Take it to the bank. Other facets of NGE will wind up in Aanaheim and possibly Paris, but not the whole planning nightmare.

Taylor

Three.

One park.

That's really all you need to know.

Doesn't matter whether you have a one day ticket, a 10-day hopper or an AP.

So, everyone is equally screwed.
There isn't a park that you need three fast passes in a day except Epcot when it's busy. And I'm the same as you I visit 3 parks a day when I'm there. This will kill the waterparks.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Nice summary. I am still sceptical how long they will keep up the worldwide delivery though. Considering that it just took 5 weeks for my Wild Africa Trek photo CD to travel from the US to Germany, I would hate for my bad to arrive when I come back from my trip... Maybe they will have a distribution center in the UK for Europe. Would make sense...

One thing I keep wondering about: Do I get a new band with every new stay on property? So if I am an AP holder who lost their band, I would just need to stay one night on property and get the band for free again?

Yes, if you stayed one night and lost it they'd replace it for free.

But if you spent another night, another time and lost it, you'd either pay $50 or just have an RFID card a la the APs they are currently giving out.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This is something I've wondered since the rumors started leaking out. Someone who spends a commando day starting at Studios in the morning, heading to EPCOT from noon to 6 and doing night at MK is royally screwed. You visit three parks, but you can only use FP+ in one ... and that might be first thing in the morning to ride TSMM and you don't even need or use anything else at that park. There is absolutely nothing in this scheme that remotely has changed my opinion from 2009 when I first heard about the existence of this NGE initiative.

A 14 day run for me would look something like...4 hard days (using a 4 day ticket) hitting one park each. System works well for those 4 days. Then 10 days with park hoppers and WP&M, going to one park in the morning, Water Park, hotel, or Mini Golf for a few hours in the afternoon, and another Park at night for dinner.

Toss into this...I dunno, spontaneity? Day is a bit hot? Decide you really don't want to spend all day at this park? Unexpected bad weather?

Meh...

I am not fond of the band, but I can see how it would be nice (especially for Water Park wear)...and the RFID, and even the bluetooth aspects for data collection, I'm ok with.

But, FP+ is something I'm just not liking...not at all...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Like the T&C, these things can and are still being debated, tested, and changed on a whim. I'd expect what Spirit has posted are points that have become relatively "stable," which would be a new development. It tells me they're finally firming up on some things, but we're still a long way from having a complete, solid "product."

Yes, it is all subject to change. But the reality is I'm pretty certain that 99% of it won't.

And while some of it has been talked about and some even released by Disney, this is the first time that the whole shebang is there for people to see (it answers everything from APers to parking).

Lee

Adventurer
That's a big part of FP+'s fail right there.
Say I want to run over to Studios for Tower and TSMM, so I use my FPs there.
Then I hop to MK for the remainder of the day, at like noon...and I'm forced to be FP-less?

Yeah...this system's better...:rolleyes:

train-wreck-o.gif

PUSH

A 14 day run for me would look something like...4 hard days (using a 4 day ticket) hitting one park each. System works well for those 4 days. Then 10 days with park hoppers and WP&M, going to one park in the morning, Water Park, hotel, or Mini Golf for a few hours in the afternoon, and another Park at night for dinner.

Toss into this...I dunno, spontaneity? Day is a bit hot? Decide you really don't want to spend all day at this park? Unexpected bad weather?

Meh...

I am not fond of the band, but I can see how it would be nice (especially for Water Park wear)...and the RFID, and even the bluetooth aspects for data collection, I'm ok with.

But, FP+ is something I'm just not liking...not at all...

This sums it up for me, too. I'm fine with the band itself, but the FP+ system is leaving guests like myself screwed at this point. I'm hoping they are going to change their ways once they realize how upsetting this is to some people.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Kind of confused about the food and FP+ only activities???

Is this pre selecting your food at QS locations?

Have no idea what these FP+ only activities mean?

And I would assume entertainment refers to night time shows?

This really sucks bout the 3 fast pass limit! I was someone who was able to always use FP to its advantage an this new system is not friendly to folks like me. I understand how this could help first timers but it leaves people like me in the dust! :(

Any start date with the system yet?

Yes, I took it to mean food pre-order is a FP+ only activity. But I'll check. Entertainment is parades and pyro, yes.

No start date.

I still believe it will be well into 2014 before this goes live for all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom