• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Musicals (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Others)

scorp16

Anybody know where I can find out cast of Les Mis in Orlando? I'm hoping Davis Gaines is back (Saw him in the West End and in Orlando previously - I doubt he'd be back in this incarnation). I've been looking on the web but haven't been able to find it yet? Any help appreciated.

BuddyThomas

I'll be up there the 18-20th next month (Then back to Disney the 21st) Probably going to see Mormon again. Anything new that's worthwhile?
The hot ticket right now is Moulin Rouge, but it is super expensive and almost impossible to get a ticket anyway.

You can probably snag a good seat to Beetlejuice for a discount, and it is is actually a lot of fun.

Discount here:

http://www.playbill.com/discount/playbill-discounts-for-beetlejuice

Not sure if you would like the reinvisioned production of OKLAHOMA or not, but it won Best Revival at the Tony Awards, and you get free chili and cornbread during intermission.

Discount here:

http://www.playbill.com/discount/playbill-discount-for-oklahoma

Other than that, some holdover hits from the last few seasons include Mean Girls, Tootsie, and Come From Away. I've only included musicals here, not straight plays. Lots of stuff has just closed, making way for the new season, which will include stuff like a revival of West Side Story, a Tina Turner musical, and an off-Broadway revival of Little Shop of Horrors, but none of those will be open when you are there.

Have fun!

brihow

Not sure if you would like the reinvisioned production of OKLAHOMA or not, but it won Best Revival at the Tony Awards, and you get free chili and cornbread during intermission.
I've seen that production of Oklahoma twice - it was incredible both times. One of the best shows I've seen in a while. Completely changed the way I think about that musical. Also it's in one of my favorite Broadway theatres (Circle in the Square) - such a small theater you could be in the last row and still be incredibly close to the actors. 399850

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member

scorp16

The hot ticket right now is Moulin Rouge, but it is super expensive and almost impossible to get a ticket anyway.

You can probably snag a good seat to Beetlejuice for a discount, and it is is actually a lot of fun.

Discount here:

http://www.playbill.com/discount/playbill-discounts-for-beetlejuice

Discount here:

http://www.playbill.com/discount/playbill-discount-for-oklahoma

Other than that, some holdover hits from the last few seasons include Mean Girls, Tootsie, and Come From Away. I've only included musicals here, not straight plays. Lots of stuff has just closed, making way for the new season, which will include stuff like a revival of West Side Story, a Tina Turner musical, and an off-Broadway revival of Little Shop of Horrors, but none of those will be open when you are there.

Have fun!
Thanks, Buddy.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Good for you!
Thanks! Nerves got the best of me and I flubbed the song a bit (but at least ended on a good note, which got the response “You’re definitely a soprano 1”), but I felt good about the movement and cold read sections.

The theatre is doing Company in February, so I’m planning on auditioning for that regardless of how this one turns out (should find out by Wednesday).

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Thanks! Nerves got the best of me and I flubbed the song a bit (but at least ended on a good note, which got the response “You’re definitely a soprano 1”), but I felt good about the movement and cold read sections.

The theatre is doing Company in February, so I’m planning on auditioning for that regardless of how this one turns out (should find out by Wednesday).
You said the secret word!!!

BuddyThomas

Wishing you to break all the legs and if you don't get in, there is always next time. Don't give up, ever!

BuddyThomas

I was just coming to share the b-roll of this show. Looks amazing
It was part of this thing that the Public Theatre runs called Public Works, where they try to get people in poorer communities involved in theatre. All the leads are professional actors but the minor characters and chorus are played by amateurs. This had a cast of more than 100 people. But this got such good reviews that apparently now Disney is going to continue to develop it for a first class Broadway production.

artvandelay

It was part of this thing that the Public Theatre runs called Public Works, where they try to get people in poorer communities involved in theatre. All the leads are professional actors but the minor characters and chorus are played by amateurs. This had a cast of more than 100 people. But this got such good reviews that apparently now Disney is going to continue to develop it for a first class Broadway production.
I’d guess the August Wilson theatre Fall 2020

BuddyThomas

I'm going to NYC again in February to celebrate my fiance's 30th birthday and a Broadway show is happening! The only problem is his financially well off friend is paying for our show tix and has forbidden anything Disney (I wanted to see Frozen so bad 😭😭) and the "classics". I do not follow Broadway so are there any newer shows that you guys would reccomend?
Moulin Rouge if you can get a ticket. It’s the current hot ticket:

The Inheritance if you have 7 spare hours. It is done in 2 parts:

Top Bottom