• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Musicals (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Others)

BuddyThomas

Thank you Sir! I'll pass on MR. He doesnt have the patience for a 7 hour show tbh lol
Do you like Alanis Morissette? She has a new musical opening based on Jagged Little Pill.

Do you like Tina Turner? New musical based on her life transferring to Broadway from London in October:

If you are willing to go off-Broadway, a major revival of Little Shop of Horrors is opening in a few weeks:

If you are there after February 13, SIX will be in previews at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre. It's about the six wives of Henry III and is told in pop song style - was a major hit in London:

Other than that, maybe Hadestown (won Tony for Best musical), or Mean Girls from past seasons:

Mean Girls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VhM9D0Vbic

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Does anyone listen to podcasts about musicals, and if so, what are they? I’ve started listening to “Jim and Tomic’s Musical Happy Hour”, but was curious if there were any others I should be listening to. Thanks!

Also, my show officially opens in less than 4 weeks. Due to a third of the cast & crew also being in a local production of Rocky Horror Live this weekend, we still have not done costume fittings (which is slightly stressing me out)😬

One of the Wednesdays did tell me that I’m the only member of the ensemble who looks like they know what they’re doing though, and other leads told me that I’m the heart and soul of the soprano section. So while I’m stressed, I guess I’m not giving off that vibe.

Supporting my fellow cast members and seeing Rocky live tomorrow (first time!), so that... should definitely be an interesting, new experience 😝

BuddyThomas

I was lucky enough to go to the opening night of Scotland, PA, which is a reimagining of Macbeth set in a fast food restaurant in the 1970's. It was pretty fun! I don't see any videos from the production, but here are some songs from it.

Mickeyboof

Does anyone listen to podcasts about musicals, and if so, what are they? I’ve started listening to “Jim and Tomic’s Musical Happy Hour”, but was curious if there were any others I should be listening to. Thanks!

Also, my show officially opens in less than 4 weeks. Due to a third of the cast & crew also being in a local production of Rocky Horror Live this weekend, we still have not done costume fittings (which is slightly stressing me out)😬

One of the Wednesdays did tell me that I’m the only member of the ensemble who looks like they know what they’re doing though, and other leads told me that I’m the heart and soul of the soprano section. So while I’m stressed, I guess I’m not giving off that vibe.

Supporting my fellow cast members and seeing Rocky live tomorrow (first time!), so that... should definitely be an interesting, new experience 😝
Josh Lamon’s “Josh Swallows Broadway” is absolute gold!

Princess Leia

Original Poster
PBS has a great schedule for Friday nights this month!! 42nd St was last week (and is on demand), and the Ken Watanabe King & I revival was on tonight (also on demand).

BuddyThomas

Ummmm, no. Just no. I’m out.

WEST SIDE STORY Revival Will Not Include 'I Feel Pretty' and the 'Somewhere' Ballet

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

WEST SIDE STORY Revival Will Not Include 'I Feel Pretty' and the 'Somewhere' Ballet

Yikes.

Oh the angry letters from seniors' tour bus groups...

MrMcDuck

Premium Member

Well, I'll be skipping that.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Local production of Addams Family had a terrific 4 day run, might have broken some ticket sales for the Playshop.

While I miss a lot of the cast, there was some interpersonal drama happening towards the end, so I’m glad I’m not dealing with that anymore. Auditioned for another troupe’s musical today (Drowsy Chaperone), but if I don’t get in, I’m fine with that. I need a break 😭😴

I’m still thinking of going to NYC in February, trying to decide if I want to see 2 shows (one big, one small), or 3 small shows.

BuddyThomas

Local production of Addams Family had a terrific 4 day run, might have broken some ticket sales for the Playshop.

While I miss a lot of the cast, there was some interpersonal drama happening towards the end, so I’m glad I’m not dealing with that anymore. Auditioned for another troupe’s musical today (Drowsy Chaperone), but if I don’t get in, I’m fine with that. I need a break 😭😴

I’m still thinking of going to NYC in February, trying to decide if I want to see 2 shows (one big, one small), or 3 small shows.
I have discount codes to a lot of stuff (not everything), so don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything. 👍👍

Top Bottom