• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Musicals (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Others)

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
John Simon, one of the nastiest critics to ever live, passed away today at the ripe old age of 94. To steal a line from Steel Magnolias, I always thought he was too mean to die. Let’s take a trip down memory lane and revisit his lovely review of Disney’s AIDA:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
John Simon, one of the nastiest critics to ever live, passed away today at the ripe old age of 94. To steal a line from Steel Magnolias, I always thought he was too mean to die. Let’s take a trip down memory lane and revisit his lovely review of Disney’s AIDA:

I saw Aida when it was on Broadway.

He wasn't wrong.

artvandelay

that was harsh, but a great read. Natasha Katz got a good review.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Next musical audition- Rock of Ages. Not sure when it is (the troupe just announced the show yesterday... but not the dates of the show or audition), but I am PUMPED.

So, NYC trip dates are still an unknown as I don’t want to accidentally book a flight during tech week if I get into the show (which I really, really want to be in).

For those of you in New York, is Beetlejuice really that good? I feel like it’s getting a lot of hype right now.

BuddyThomas

Premium Member
Next musical audition- Rock of Ages. Not sure when it is (the troupe just announced the show yesterday... but not the dates of the show or audition), but I am PUMPED.

So, NYC trip dates are still an unknown as I don’t want to accidentally book a flight during tech week if I get into the show (which I really, really want to be in).

For those of you in New York, is Beetlejuice really that good? I feel like it’s getting a lot of hype right now.
Good luck on ROCK OF AGES.

Beetlejuice is a lot of fun, and it has a discount code!

Jimmy Thick

Did you like it?
I absolutely loved it.

I don't know about previous productions but the actor playing Aaron Burr was magnificent his voice was incredible. The person playing King George stole every scene he was in. The show gave me chills all night, I was hoping to see it again but it leaves town tomorrow.

There was no bad performances, based on a huge Broadway show I expected very high quality but I wasn't prepared for the "magic", to think it was probably better with the Broadway cast is even more amazing.

I ran out to get the soundtrack afterwards, those songs will be in my head for quite some time.

artvandelay

I absolutely loved it.

I don't know about previous productions but the actor playing Aaron Burr was magnificent his voice was incredible. The person playing King George stole every scene he was in. The show gave me chills all night, I was hoping to see it again but it leaves town tomorrow.

There was no bad performances, based on a huge Broadway show I expected very high quality but I wasn't prepared for the "magic", to think it was probably better with the Broadway cast is even more amazing.

I ran out to get the soundtrack afterwards, those songs will be in my head for quite some time.
It really is an amazing show (and the original cast was great!).

Before the original cast left the show they did a broadcast video recording of the show. Not sure when or where it would be released, but it is “in the can”.

Top Bottom