Musicals (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Others)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thanks! Nerves got the best of me and I flubbed the song a bit (but at least ended on a good note, which got the response “You’re definitely a soprano 1”), but I felt good about the movement and cold read sections.

The theatre is doing Company in February, so I’m planning on auditioning for that regardless of how this one turns out (should find out by Wednesday).

You said the secret word!!!

BuddyThomas

Thanks! Nerves got the best of me and I flubbed the song a bit (but at least ended on a good note, which got the response “You’re definitely a soprano 1”), but I felt good about the movement and cold read sections.

The theatre is doing Company in February, so I’m planning on auditioning for that regardless of how this one turns out (should find out by Wednesday).
Wishing you to break all the legs and if you don't get in, there is always next time. Don't give up, ever!

BuddyThomas

I was just coming to share the b-roll of this show. Looks amazing

It was part of this thing that the Public Theatre runs called Public Works, where they try to get people in poorer communities involved in theatre. All the leads are professional actors but the minor characters and chorus are played by amateurs. This had a cast of more than 100 people. But this got such good reviews that apparently now Disney is going to continue to develop it for a first class Broadway production.

artvandelay

It was part of this thing that the Public Theatre runs called Public Works, where they try to get people in poorer communities involved in theatre. All the leads are professional actors but the minor characters and chorus are played by amateurs. This had a cast of more than 100 people. But this got such good reviews that apparently now Disney is going to continue to develop it for a first class Broadway production.
I’d guess the August Wilson theatre Fall 2020

BuddyThomas

I'm going to NYC again in February to celebrate my fiance's 30th birthday and a Broadway show is happening! The only problem is his financially well off friend is paying for our show tix and has forbidden anything Disney (I wanted to see Frozen so bad 😭😭) and the "classics". I do not follow Broadway so are there any newer shows that you guys would reccomend?
Moulin Rouge if you can get a ticket. It’s the current hot ticket:

The Inheritance if you have 7 spare hours. It is done in 2 parts:

BuddyThomas

Thank you Sir! I'll pass on MR. He doesnt have the patience for a 7 hour show tbh lol
Do you like Alanis Morissette? She has a new musical opening based on Jagged Little Pill.

Do you like Tina Turner? New musical based on her life transferring to Broadway from London in October:

If you are willing to go off-Broadway, a major revival of Little Shop of Horrors is opening in a few weeks:

If you are there after February 13, SIX will be in previews at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre. It's about the six wives of Henry III and is told in pop song style - was a major hit in London:

Other than that, maybe Hadestown (won Tony for Best musical), or Mean Girls from past seasons:

Mean Girls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VhM9D0Vbic

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Does anyone listen to podcasts about musicals, and if so, what are they? I’ve started listening to “Jim and Tomic’s Musical Happy Hour”, but was curious if there were any others I should be listening to. Thanks!

Also, my show officially opens in less than 4 weeks. Due to a third of the cast & crew also being in a local production of Rocky Horror Live this weekend, we still have not done costume fittings (which is slightly stressing me out)😬

One of the Wednesdays did tell me that I’m the only member of the ensemble who looks like they know what they’re doing though, and other leads told me that I’m the heart and soul of the soprano section. So while I’m stressed, I guess I’m not giving off that vibe.

Supporting my fellow cast members and seeing Rocky live tomorrow (first time!), so that... should definitely be an interesting, new experience 😝

BuddyThomas

I was lucky enough to go to the opening night of Scotland, PA, which is a reimagining of Macbeth set in a fast food restaurant in the 1970's. It was pretty fun! I don't see any videos from the production, but here are some songs from it.

Mickeyboof

Does anyone listen to podcasts about musicals, and if so, what are they? I’ve started listening to “Jim and Tomic’s Musical Happy Hour”, but was curious if there were any others I should be listening to. Thanks!

Also, my show officially opens in less than 4 weeks. Due to a third of the cast & crew also being in a local production of Rocky Horror Live this weekend, we still have not done costume fittings (which is slightly stressing me out)😬

One of the Wednesdays did tell me that I’m the only member of the ensemble who looks like they know what they’re doing though, and other leads told me that I’m the heart and soul of the soprano section. So while I’m stressed, I guess I’m not giving off that vibe.

Supporting my fellow cast members and seeing Rocky live tomorrow (first time!), so that... should definitely be an interesting, new experience 😝

Josh Lamon’s “Josh Swallows Broadway” is absolute gold!

Princess Leia

Original Poster
PBS has a great schedule for Friday nights this month!! 42nd St was last week (and is on demand), and the Ken Watanabe King & I revival was on tonight (also on demand).

BuddyThomas

Ummmm, no. Just no. I’m out.

WEST SIDE STORY Revival Will Not Include 'I Feel Pretty' and the 'Somewhere' Ballet

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ummmm, no. Just no. I’m out.

WEST SIDE STORY Revival Will Not Include 'I Feel Pretty' and the 'Somewhere' Ballet

Yikes.

Oh the angry letters from seniors' tour bus groups...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom