Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

roj2323

Well, then the water source is the issue and that is what I was saying. I didn't know what was going on but it did figure it was connected in some way to the construction going on next door. What you are saying makes sense and is a good reason why it is currently a flower bed. I still think it will be back, just not real soon.

I'm really arguing semantics here but a pump is not a water source. A pump just recirculates what's already there. If disney wanted to they could fill the fountain with 5 gallon buckets of water and it would work just the same as if it were pipe supplied. It's the pump that makes the water dance and without it, it's just a flower bed.

Goofyernmost

I'm really arguing semantics here but a pump is not a water source. A pump just recirculates what's already there. If disney wanted to they could fill the fountain with 5 gallon buckets of water and it would work just the same as if it were pipe supplied. It's the pump that makes the water dance and without it, it's just a flower bed.
Yes, I know and pipes that send water to areas is a water source as well. Where exactly is the puddle that you think I was referring too. Honestly, I just agreed with you, you are the one that didn't understand what was meant by water source. In this case is it the area that some of the infrastructure goes through or resides in. I believe according to other sources, not me, they are using lower pressure water delivery to water those flowers/plants. Perhaps even gravity feed, I don't know. I do know that the fountain is not working and by coincidence or otherwise, it corresponds with the construction going on just over the fence. It really is/was a simple statement. In other words... I agreed that you were right and identified the probable situation. I agreed and then said that I think it will be back, but, not for awhile. However, to be clear... that could be wrong and it is never coming back. Disney forgot to send me a memo on what their intentions are.

PizzaPlanet

The water source is not the issue. The issue is the pump house and filter system (just like a swimming pool system but commercial grade and higher pressure) was formerly hidden between the brick wall on the muppets courtyard side and building facades from SOA on the other. Now that the area is be redeveloped the Pump house and filter system needs to be relocated or rebuilt so it can again be hidden.
Interesting, thanks for clearing things up.
If I said I told you so several months ago would you shout at me?
I remember you mentioned that the rest of the exterior may also be refurbished. As part of that project, do you know if they might put something else in place of where the balloon is now?

Donaldfan1934

Sad to hear that the rumors about the balloon are true. Despite finally making the area full on Muppets as originally intended, they seem to be getting rid of much of the theming that made it "Muppety" to begin with.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sad to hear that the rumors about the balloon are true. Despite finally making the area full on Muppets as originally intended, they seem to be getting rid of much of the theming that made it "Muppety" to begin with.

I don't know how a hot air balloon is 'muppety.'

And the addition of PizzeRizzo kinda ups the ante on Muppet theming, no?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
If you call that "upping the ante" then standards truly have fallen. It's surely branded to Muppetd now but considering what they COULD have done.

"Upping the ante" does not mean "all in", it means, "adding to."

I'm sorry your lack of understanding of poker terms has led you to the distress of letting someone give credit to Disney for doing something go by without jumping in to insult their taste level.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
What about the opening scene of The Great Muppet Caper? Still think the hot air balloon isn't "muppety"?

There are a lot of scenes and props from a lot of Muppet movies. The hot air balloon is just one of them. It's not like it has become a symbol of the Muppets anywhere except for DHS where they put in a balloon. None of the studio's promotional material even featured the balloon (although it was one of four posters that McDonalds offered in a cross-promotional tie-in).

Removal of the balloon is not a de-Muppetization of the area since a balloon is not a go-to symbol of the Muppets and not really "Muppety" at all. And you do know that the balloon in DHS doesn't look like the one from the movie, right?

TabulaRasa

I was in the camp that thought Pizzerizzo was a little underwhelming when it first opened (only seeing pictures as reference). When I actually visited, I was pretty blown away by the subtle decor. It's very Muppet-esque in that regard. The ONLY miss I can think of: the lack of muppet rats in the rafters. It would have been easy to do, and would have pulled the ironic theme together.

HowAboutDisney

I'm thinking Muppet themed dessert pizza

Also to go along with the 3D theme of the attraction, 3D pizza 3 very thin layers of pizza stacked on top of each other to be one.. each layer could have different toppings..
what do you think?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom