Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Donaldfan1934

Donaldfan1934

The balloon is being removed because it would be visible from inside Star Wars Experience. And if the other theming you are referring to is the fountain, it is my understanding that it will return at some point. But we may want to check with @marni1971 on that one. I can't think of anything else that has been removed though.
I was in fact referring to the fountain. Even though they say it will return, TDO's fountain track record hasn't been great in parks run by Phil Holmes.

Goofyernmost

I was in fact referring to the fountain. Even though they say it will return, TDO's fountain track record hasn't been great in parks run by Phil Holmes.
Didn't they just add a bunch of fountains to MK recently. I don't think they have anything against fountains at all. I think that there is a very good chance that the one in the Muppet courtyard will return, but, not until the new construction is done.

Donaldfan1934

Didn't they just add a bunch of fountains to MK recently. I don't think they have anything against fountains at all. I think that there is a very good chance that the one in the Muppet courtyard will return, but, not until the new construction is done.
That's true, they did. But I'm not sure it's a coincidence that this fountain Renaissance gained traction as Phil Holmes left for the studios.

Marc Davis Fan

I think there was talk that the show in Liberty Square could've been hypothetically used as a test for future shows in Muppet Courtyard, and as mentioned above, it was mentioned that the Muppet Mobile Lab may be moving over soon.

These features would help the area a lot. As has been said before, Muppets exist in our world, so there isn't really going to be an "immersive" Muppet environment unless there are actual Muppets present.

Also, as great as the MK show is, it might also really help if Muppet features like this were exclusive to Muppets Courtyard. It would mean that Muppets are exclusive to DHS among the parks, providing that much more reason not to skip DHS during construction.

Haymarket2008

I think there was talk that the show in Liberty Square could've been hypothetically used as a test for future shows in Muppet Courtyard, and as mentioned above, it was mentioned that the Muppet Mobile Lab may be moving over soon.

I hope that is the case, because the Liberty Square show blew my expectations out of the water. Super impressive and a lot of fun.

Goofyernmost

It seems to me that the expiration date on a permit is as useless as a milk pail under a bull. All it says is when the permit runs out and nothing else. If they take less time then the permit covers the project. If it takes more time, they renew it. the important thing is figuring out what is happening connected to the permit. As I recall, it has more to do with minimum times allowed and based on the date that the permit becomes active.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It seems to me that the expiration date on a permit is as useless as a milk pail under a bull. All it says is when the permit runs out and nothing else. If they take less time then the permit covers the project. If it takes more time, they renew it. the important thing is figuring out what is happening connected to the permit. As I recall, it has more to do with minimum times allowed and based on the date that the permit becomes active.

The expiration date on a permit is when the works needs to be complete and the contractor paid. Renewals can and have happened, but it is rare. The larger projects tend to use blanket expiration dates for all permits related to the project probably because completion dates and payment schedules are all worked out ahead of time.

The bottom line is that expiration dates can be a tricky thing but there are definitely times when they are useful to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom