Muppet's Great Movie Ride Parody?

trackbarroness

Actually I see where Imagineerboy is coming from about Jeanylaser031 post.

Read the last line, it really doesn't make that much sense.

The muppets' Great Movie Ride? Don't think that will likely happen
that the two shows will be intergrated.
I've heard that the Muppets are suposed to be going down for refurb/rehab soon, for some tweaking. That's something I heard on my last visit there.
:wave: So let's play nice otay?

Sandy

WaltMickey

Folks hold onto your seats, yes indeed Muppet Movie Ride will be coming to Disney Studios shortly. And not in the GMR. Over by Muppets 3D.. Look for an offical annoucement soon.

yensidtlaw1969

WaltMickey said:
Folks hold onto your seats, yes indeed Muppet Movie Ride will be coming to Disney Studios shortly. And not in the GMR. Over by Muppets 3D.. Look for an offical annoucement soon.
What's your source on this? A cast member? Outside source? I understand if they wish to remain anonymous, it's just that most of the time, Cast Members are either misinformed or are making things up. I have no problem with the Muppet Movie Ride, don't get me wrong! I just don't want to get my hopes up and then find out that you heard this from a non reliable source.

Thanks!

Lee, have you heard anything?

Yensidtlaw1969

matt88mph

WaltMickey said:
I hope this is true. This would definately be a big help to the park. I would ride it as many times as possible. I'm just coming up with taglines

"Look out Hollywood, here come the Muppets!"
"You will believe a pig can fly" (based on the Peter Pan concept art)

yensidtlaw1969

matt88mph said:
"You will believe a pig can fly"
"Frogs Too!"

Sorry Jim, It was too easy :p .

Anyway, I'd love for this to Happen too. I don't necessarily think that MGM needs help, but I'm an avid Muppet fan ( 90's Child, by the way ) and can't get enough of Muppet Vision, and would LOVE to see the Muppets a few feet away, talking, walking, just like on the show.

Oh, by the way,

Welcome to the Boards, Jeepmezz13!!!

todd13

Um, no. That's a horrendous idea. If we get a muppet movie ride, put it somewhere else. Not in the Great movie ride. Work on you grammer too please.

Don't you mean "Work on YOUR grammAR too, please?"
Don't insult someone's grammar if you struggle with English, ok?

WaltMickey

yensidtlaw1969 said:
What's your source on this? A cast member? Outside source? I understand if they wish to remain anonymous, it's just that most of the time, Cast Members are either misinformed or are making things up. I have no problem with the Muppet Movie Ride, don't get me wrong! I just don't want to get my hopes up and then find out that you heard this from a non reliable source.

Thanks!

Lee, have you heard anything?

Yensidtlaw1969

You can read my first post where I explain who I am and my sources I have I believe this is the link to it, if not then just search my name and look at my first post. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=49930

yensidtlaw1969

WaltMickey said:
You can read my first post where I explain who I am and my sources I have I believe this is the link to it, if not then just search my name and look at my first post. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=49930
Ok, thanks for that. :D

Sorry, it's just when people start saying good things about my Muppets, I want to KNOW it's true.

You sound like a very nice person and I look foreward to getting to know you better!
Welcome to WDW Magic!

Yensidtlaw1969

Indy95

WaltMickey said:

Oh yeah baby! I SO called that one a while back. (dances)

slappy magoo

Not the biggest of deals, but for the record, Raiders of the Lost Ark is a LucasFilm/Paramount property, and Alien is (20th. Century) Fox.

Personally, I would hazard a guess that Disney negotiated the right to use those characters in The Great Movie Ride indefinitely, even if Disney-MGM becomes just The Disney Studios this year. I can't even imagine Disney developing a ride where they wouldn't have the rights to use the character as they wanted until THEY decided they were done with them. But EVEN IF they lose the rights to certain characters/scenes used in the Great Movie Ride, the Raiders & Alien scenes would not be affected in that part of the deal. Now, whether they could lose the rights to those characters in other deals, I don't know, but again, I'd doubt it.

DisneySoccerFan

launchpad03 said:
I agree entirely that the Muppets still have mass appeal and relevance.

But just as an FYI, (I'm about 85% sure that) Elmo is not owned by Disney now. Disney has rights to the Muppets (franchise) and while Henson fans like us would really classify the Seseme St. gang as "muppets," they are part of a different franchise (Seseme St: Children's Television Workshop CTW) which Disney did not buy.

Don't expect to see Big Bird, Oscar, Bert/Ernie, Elmo, or any in that gang in Disney productions anytime soon.

Can anyone give some confirmation to this?

Interesting Note: While looking for something for my two year old and I to enjoy on TV together, we turned to the Disney Channel on Sunday to find . . . Elmo in Grouchland!

My only conclusion is that there is some sort of relationship between Disney/Muppets/CTW in place already. I wonder to what extent, and if it would "spill over" into the theme parks. (Sesame Street has at least one theme park that I know of - Near Philly.) Let the rumors commence!

donsullivan

Premium Member
DisneySoccerFan said:
Interesting Note: While looking for something for my two year old and I to enjoy on TV together, we turned to the Disney Channel on Sunday to find . . . Elmo in Grouchland!

My only conclusion is that there is some sort of relationship between Disney/Muppets/CTW in place already. I wonder to what extent, and if it would "spill over" into the theme parks. (Sesame Street has at least one theme park that I know of - Near Philly.) Let the rumors commence!

I wouldn't read anything at all into that. That sort of content is available for any broadcaster that wants to pay for it. It's no different than HBO broadcasting 'Follow that Bird' with Big Bird a few years ago. It's content that is appropriate for the audience for that channel, so they purchase broadcast rights for it from the producer/owner.

DisneySoccerFan

donsullivan said:
I wouldn't read anything at all into that. That sort of content is available for any broadcaster that wants to pay for it. It's no different than HBO broadcasting 'Follow that Bird' with Big Bird a few years ago. It's content that is appropriate for the audience for that channel, so they purchase broadcast rights for it from the producer/owner.

My gut feeling is that with the pletora of Disney movies, cartoons, etc, there would have to be more to this one than a simple purchasing of rights for a TV airing. Disney has enough of a library of programming where I can't imagine they wouldn't be airing airing another company's signature characters unless something was in it for them. CTW already airs programming on the Noggin network, and I had to check twice to make sure I was watching the Disney Channel.

It just got my brain turning . . . Noggin, the normal cable/sat outlet for CTW is related to Nickoleodeon, related to Universal . . . the neverending saga or the relationship between Disney and the Muppets . . . could it be that CTW is looking to "shop" (not sell outright, but enter into some type of agreement) the Sesame Street characters to increase their exposure. If so, is Disney looking to get a leg up on it's competition up north along I-4, and because of their relationship with the Muppets, could something be coming down the pipeline?

It's not that farfetched, Disney has pursued others characters before (i.e. Muppets, Star Wars, Indy, MGM movies). If CTW is looking to expand the marketing of their characters, this is something that might work. I can see it now, put the studio back in to Disney Studios by having a Sesame Street backlot where they actually do some filming. That of course in conjuction with the other "Muppetland" ideas would go a long way into boosting attendance at MGM in the demographic usually associated with the Magic Kingdom. With the closure of the animation department in FL, maybe this is a direction they could go.

Sure it's a lot of speculation and conjecture, but that's some of the fun of this board.

imagineer boy

todd13 said:
Don't you mean "Work on YOUR grammAR too, please?"
Don't insult someone's grammar if you struggle with English, ok?

Its called a TYPO. Minor spelling mistakes are okay, but not putting periods at the end of scentences, wrong usage of words, ect. make it very hard to read and I find it annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom