Muppet's Great Movie Ride Parody?

Goodeone

Hmmm. If Disney is unable to hold onto the rights allowing them to keep the MGM scenes then I think they should definitly turn it into the Muppets Movie Ride. That concept sounds amazing! I can just imagine how much fun it would be to ride that. It doesn't have to be fast and thrilling, just calm, hilarious, and very technical, back to the old way of dark rides. I would actually rather see this now then the Indiana Jones ride, the stunt show is good enough for me.

basas

Meh...i think the Muppets have had their time- i know Disney is trying to bring them back but i think they'll slowly fade away. Kids these days want to see more Spongebob and Nemo rather than characters that were popular decades ago. I think a Monsters:Inc ride (similar to TDL and DCA) would be better than a Muppet ride.

SIR90210

twirl2378 said:
The Muppets are coming back to TV. It will be in "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" (2005) . http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0422778/ <-- cast info. Maybe they are trying to introduce the Muppets to a new generation of kids?

Oh that's great! I can but imagine Quentin Tarantino, Ashanti, and Queen Latifah together with the Muppets!

PS to Steve- Can you make the boards so that we have a contemplative smiley? Sort of like Rodin's Le Penseur.

PS to Twirl: I'm frankly amazed there are other East Coast posters awake at this hour of the night! :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The MGM contract expires June 27th this year. With the current state of MGM I`d be surprised if anything drastic happened to TGMR - I dare say those in the know already have this one figured out. Hopefully.

PeeplMoovr

basas said:
Meh...i think the Muppets have had their time- i know Disney is trying to bring them back but i think they'll slowly fade away. Kids these days want to see more Spongebob and Nemo rather than characters that were popular decades ago. I think a Monsters:Inc ride (similar to TDL and DCA) would be better than a Muppet ride.

I'd have to disagree. I think the Muppets are great. And timeless. There is so much potential in those characters. The idea of making Muppets into AA's is brilliant.

Wasn't Elmo the hottest thing going just a few years back? I don't think the Muppets have lost their relevance or appeal. I just think they've been neglected for the past few years. Hopefully Disney will change that, and continue to present the Muppets with the quality and integrity that Jim Henson did.

I'd love to see the Muppets Movie Ride, and other Muppets-based attractions or restaurants. One of my favorite shops in WDW is the Muppet shop in Disney Studios. Just looking around at the props and the dressing room doors, as if you're really in the Muppet show, is great.

Besides - what's better than talking and singing puppets? Someone needs to realize Jim Henson's genious inside the Disney parks.

PeeplMoovr said:
Wasn't Elmo the hottest thing going just a few years back? I don't think the Muppets have lost their relevance or appeal.

I agree entirely that the Muppets still have mass appeal and relevance.

But just as an FYI, (I'm about 85% sure that) Elmo is not owned by Disney now. Disney has rights to the Muppets (franchise) and while Henson fans like us would really classify the Seseme St. gang as "muppets," they are part of a different franchise (Seseme St: Children's Television Workshop CTW) which Disney did not buy.

Don't expect to see Big Bird, Oscar, Bert/Ernie, Elmo, or any in that gang in Disney productions anytime soon.

Can anyone give some confirmation to this?

basas

PeeplMoovr said:
I'd have to disagree. I think the Muppets are great. And timeless. There is so much potential in those characters. The idea of making Muppets into AA's is brilliant.

Wasn't Elmo the hottest thing going just a few years back? I don't think the Muppets have lost their relevance or appeal. I just think they've been neglected for the past few years. Hopefully Disney will change that, and continue to present the Muppets with the quality and integrity that Jim Henson did.

I'd love to see the Muppets Movie Ride, and other Muppets-based attractions or restaurants. One of my favorite shops in WDW is the Muppet shop in Disney Studios. Just looking around at the props and the dressing room doors, as if you're really in the Muppet show, is great.

Besides - what's better than talking and singing puppets? Someone needs to realize Jim Henson's genious inside the Disney parks.

Maybe its just the fact that i never really liked the Muppets...:lol:

Lauriebar said:
The Sesame Street characters are owned by Sesame Workshop. They were sold to them in 2001.
Thanks for the confirmation.
I'm glad too. As much as I am a huge Disney fan, I don't think Disney and PBS would get along all that well, so this is a good thing.

Bring back a Muppet Show!!!!!!!!

peter11435

launchpad03 said:
I agree entirely that the Muppets still have mass appeal and relevance.

But just as an FYI, (I'm about 85% sure that) Elmo is not owned by Disney now. Disney has rights to the Muppets (franchise) and while Henson fans like us would really classify the Seseme St. gang as "muppets," they are part of a different franchise (Seseme St: Children's Television Workshop CTW) which Disney did not buy.

Don't expect to see Big Bird, Oscar, Bert/Ernie, Elmo, or any in that gang in Disney productions anytime soon.

Can anyone give some confirmation to this?
You are correct.

mitchk

I love the muppets. I go on Muppets 3-D at least two times pervisit. I think the great movie ride is also a classic. If they do have to change it because of the contract, I am all for a muppets movie ride. I would love to see the muppets as AA's. Bring on the Muppets

jeanylaser031

muppet's great movie ride parody

:cool: i think that disney needs to change the name of the great movie ride to muppet movie ride. i want to see the muppets in the great movie ride i hope the disney imaginers will said to go right head to the new muppet's attraction.

imagineer boy

jeanylaser031 said:
:cool: i think that disney needs to change the name of the great movie ride to muppet movie ride. i want to see the muppets in the great movie ride i hope the disney imaginers will said to go right head to the new muppet's attraction.

Um, no. That's a horrendous idea. If we get a muppet movie ride, put it somewhere else. Not in the Great movie ride. Work on you grammer too please.

daguru

I think Disney should redo the MuppetVision 3-D movie, more AA, digital projection, updated effects, etc.... Maybe if they wanted to added a Muppets attraction in the Animation area, to show how the do the puppets (like how they show how they animate).

I've always thought they should change the Great Movie Ride to highlight the old, classic Disney motion pictures (such as Absent Minded Professor, 20,000 Leagues, Summer Magic, Happiest Millionaire, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, etc...). I think this would reintroduce the classic movies to new generations, while appealing to some of Disney's "older" generations. They could design it with decent AAs and effects. I can just see an old Model T flying across a stage and an army of ghost Knights charging (of course, you could keep the Mary Poppins section).

Since Mickey's Hat appears to be staying for good, I would take down and completly redo the exterior of the building. I would pull the entrance back away from the Hat and model it after the El Capitan Theatre. The hand prints could be moved and added to the real hand prints infront of the Beauty and the Beast Auditorium.

Well, just my $0.02...

:drevil:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
imagineer boy said:
Um, no. That's a horrendous idea. If we get a muppet movie ride, put it somewhere else. Not in the Great movie ride. Work on you grammer too please.

lighten up :animwink:

General Grizz

I love the Muppets, but I don't want them exclusively hosting the Great Movie Ride. The GMR is pretty much what the Disney-MGM Studios stands for. Should the MGM scenes be removed, I would vote for a ride focusing on Disney live action and animation films.

MKCP 1985

General Grizz said:
Should the MGM scenes be removed, I would vote for a ride focusing on Disney live action and animation films.

Should the MGM scenes be removed, I want first dibs on the "Man With No Name" AA figure! THAT would put a Nautilus porthole and even a Mr. Toad car to shame!

Seriously, I'd also like to see the GMR remain, with new scenes focused on Disney films. I wonder what they would want to put in place of "Alien."

When that day comes, it will be a doggone shame to have to replace munchkinland! :cry:

boywonder

imagineer boy said:

Awww, Imagineer yeww sew nicse.

Wee weally ned eh spelle chek hear.

Yeah dude, Lighten Up!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
boywonder said:
Awww, Imagineer yeww sew nicse.

Wee weally ned eh spelle chek hear.

Yeah dude, Lighten Up!

Comme va la vie, mon ami ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom