Mulch Sweat & Shears end of run?

wannabeBelle

In my experience if Mulch moves lately the Disney sites like MDX have been losing them and just not posting them in any alternate locations. I would imagine that is the case here, as they are playing on the Center Stage area in front of the Chinese Theatre. Marie

culturenthrills

In my experience if Mulch moves lately the Disney sites like MDX have been losing them and just not posting them in any alternate locations. I would imagine that is the case here, as they are playing on the Center Stage area in front of the Chinese Theatre. Marie

Yeah I figured they failed to list the final 430 show since it is at the Center Stage. Thanks for confirming. I hope to be there for the last few shows.

wannabeBelle

I will be there as well, and I am sure that we will be able to find them with the huge crowd I anticipate being there, which will include @lentesta and Lou Mongello among others. Marie

Thumper 32

Yeah I figured they failed to list the final 430 show since it is at the Center Stage. Thanks for confirming. I hope to be there for the last few shows.

The 430 show on Saturday is listed in the printed Times Guide this week, and it does confirm that it will be at Center Stage.

habuma

Sad to not be able to be there and have prior engagement during the time of the last show, so can't even watch it on Periscope. Hopefully, someone will post video of the final show for me to watch Saturday night.

HDS

Reading this tread is real depressing. Seeing the acts that have played WDW for 10+ get dismissed is one thing but to see how people feel about Cover bands is another. I, being in a 80s cover band (and one who WOULD LOVE to play WDW) find this big time disheartening. The Beatles started as a cover band ya know. Carol @ Rose & Crown plays covers, you gonna dis Carol? You think having a original band perform would be any better? HA! Let me tell you, cover bands get way way more gigs. Why? Because, they play things people already know. The ones who walk by, it's not your thing. No prob. Have a great day! But to others that get it takes time and practice to craft a song that people already know and on top of it be convincing! Well hell that takes talent! Think of it as watching a sci-fi and trying to establish ah suspension of disbelief to an already skeptical crowd and then getting a following! Wow! Bravo to them!

Last edited:

3ryans

I really hate to see them go. I don't know a whole lot about the band, but Mia was the lead singer when we were there this past Jun. My daughter is pretty outgoing and she danced for two of the shows during extra magic hours. Mia danced with her, brought her up with the band, let her sing with her. They were making mistakes playing because she had them all cracking up. We were hoping to see here again because it really made my daughters night. View media item 883

Last edited:

rosewein59

Reading this tread is real depressing. Seeing the acts that have played WDW for 10+ get dismissed is one thing but to see how people feel about Cover bands is another. I, being in a 80s cover band (and one who WOULD LOVE to play WDW) find this big time disheartening. The Beatles started as a cover band ya know. Carol @ Rose & Crown plays covers, you gonna dis Carol? You think having a original band perform would be any better? HA! Let me tell you, cover bands get way way more gigs. Why? Because, they play things people already know. The ones who walk by, it's not your thing. No prob. Have a great day! But to others that get it takes time and practice to craft a song that people already know and on top of it be convincing! Well hell that takes talent! Think of it as watching a sci-fi and trying to establish ah suspension of disbelief to an already skeptical crowd and then getting a following! Wow! Bravo to them!

I agree...I really miss British Invasion. on some of the Sundays I was there to hear them the band proudly announced that no song will be repeated in any set and that was when the band was allowed to put 8-10 songs in a set. Sometimes I never made it past England....Listen to the band, to the pub for a beer and back to the curb to listen to another set. The band in place now is good but management has made them so repetitious. We will be there for the last MSS show. They were always a great open on Streets of America before (sigh) Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights.

wannabeBelle

I hope to see as many of you on Saturday as possible. I have spoke to a few people who are close to the band ( two of the member's fiancées) and both requested that we not be sad but come to celebrate a wonderful group of people and enjoy their performances one last time together!!! I will still be sure to wear waterproof eye makeup!!! Marie

disneypearl

I hope to see as many of you on Saturday as possible. I have spoke to a few people who are close to the band ( two of the member's fiancées) and both requested that we not be sad but come to celebrate a wonderful group of people and enjoy their performances one last time together!!! I will still be sure to wear waterproof eye makeup!!! Marie

I wish I could be there in person to watch them on Saturday but I live too far away. I watched a few Periscope's of them today, and hopefully will be able to watch them on Saturday that way. Cheer them on extra for me! I hope they will all be able to find other roles at WDW.

Daniel Johnson

If you join periscope and can't see the live stream the account owner can make it avalible after the fact for up to a week (i think...I haven't actually streamed anything yet, still a lurker). That's usually how I catch up on disney stuff!

CeciliaKy

I'm 99% sure the last show is at the center stage.
times guide shows 4:30 @ center stage

we saw the 3:30 & 4:30 shows on Tuesday & Wednesday this week. I'm so, so glad that our trip dates worked out that we could see them ... as we missed Off Kilter's final show last year. we've been big, big fans of both bands since their beginnings. (we even remember when Angelo Janotti subbed for OK before Mulch, LOLOL!) it's always interesting to watch people's reaction to the news that this is the last week for a group, an attraction, etc. when they're experiencing it for the first time ... and this week was no exception. genuine surprise and confusion as to why Disney would eliminate a group as fun as Mulch.

we spoke to the guys after the shows, and as others have done ... thanked them for their contribution to the Studios over the years. I got a guitar pick to go with the drumsticks I got for playing in the band a few years ago, which was cool. of course, they're not saying much about the future, but encouraged me to keep up with @loslawnboys on Twitter for updates.

sad I can't be there Saturday. would love to see MSS final set, then Off Kilter in Winter Garden. That would be a fun time. In fact, I made the day of 2 Studios CMs when I mentioned OK in Winter Garden. They hadn't heard that Off Kilter stayed together & were heading to that festival to hear them play :)

wannabeBelle

Good job getting the word out for Off Kilter. I was in and out in the beginning of this week for Mulch and you are correct, attracting good crowds, great audience interaction and this is the band they want to cut?? It is confusing at best and especially at a time when the Studios is losing many attractions. I wish the best for this great bunch of guys and girls and hope that we get to see them again soon!! Marie

gbruenin

Always thought it was a fun concept (brother in law is a landscaper) and enjoyed the choices they played. I made a point of watching their performance every time. Truly disappointed they'll end their run. Saturday will be MSS in the afternoon, Off Kilter at Winter Garden fest that evening.

baloofigment14

Here is what Mulch, Sweat, & Shears posted on their Facebook page with the link to watch them live through Periscope.

October 10th is final day of Mulch, Sweat, & Shears at Disney's Hollywood Studios! Come hangout on Periscope unless it is raining. https://www.periscope.tv/loslawnboys
11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 3:30, 4:30 (US Eastern Time)

The first 4 shows (11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 3:30) will be on the Streets of America.

The last show (4:30) will be at center stage, formerly the sorcerer's hat.

We would love to see you there!
Be there or be elsewhere.

culturenthrills

Here is what Mulch, Sweat, & Shears posted on their Facebook page with the link to watch them live through Periscope.

October 10th is final day of Mulch, Sweat, & Shears at Disney's Hollywood Studios! Come hangout on Periscope unless it is raining. https://www.periscope.tv/loslawnboys
11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 3:30, 4:30 (US Eastern Time)

The first 4 shows (11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 3:30) will be on the Streets of America.

The last show (4:30) will be at center stage, formerly the sorcerer's hat.

We would love to see you there!
Be there or be elsewhere.
Cool since I'm not gonna make the final two shows thanks to car problems. Nothing like sitting at a garage on a beautiful Saturday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom