MSN Disney Article

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The article was posted elsewhere and I found it entertaining and well written. Do I agree with his assessments? Not a lot, but I don't find anything there that doesn't sound like an honest opinion expressed in a somewhat sarcastic but humourous way.

I enjoyed reading it. :shrug:

aaron2525

this man had absolutely nothing positive to say about disney..hmm i wonder why? the media elite ultra left libs that hate corporate america, of course he wont say anything good. he takes his job way to seriously ( he a freaking writer for petes sake). walt disney brings so much happiness to so many people, 100,000 people a day cant be wrong. so go back to NY, and dont come back. write another article on global warming while im sipping my margarita at the polynesian. cyaaaaaaa

DisneyAnole

this man had absolutely nothing positive to say about disney..hmm i wonder why? the media elite ultra left libs that hate corporate america, of course he wont say anything good. he takes his job way to seriously ( he a freaking writer for petes sake). walt disney brings so much happiness to so many people, 100,000 people a day cant be wrong. so go back to NY, and dont come back. write another article on global warming while im sipping my margarita at the polynesian. cyaaaaaaa

A few thoughts.

1. Your writing really puts the author's writing to shame.

2. What does his being a writer have to do with taking his job TOO seriously? Don't the Imagineers take their jobs too seriously too? Last time I checked most successful people take their jobs too seriously.

3. 100,000 people can be wrong. Look at Nazi Germany. You can't use numbers of people to justify an argument. That's the ad populum logical fallacy.

You've been educated, you little tyke. Now 23 skidoo!

Shere_Khan

I just found it funny that most of his negativity towards Epcot is that the kids don't like it. Why on Earth should every park be all about little kids? Last I checked, adults are the ones who shell out the money, don't they have a right to have at least one theme park dedicated to entertaining them?
I am all for the kids having fun, but it's not all about children.

lilclerk

ONLY 3 kiosks in each park?

For a total of 12 DVC kiosks? (Not including Downtown Disney--which might have at least one?)

Why not one per park? Oh, that's right, because they're money-grubbing Disney.
And I think there's one in every resort. Well probably not DVC resorts...

yankspy

A few thoughts.

2. What does his being a writer have to do with taking his job TOO seriously? Don't the Imagineers take their jobs too seriously too? Last time I checked most successful people take their jobs too seriously.

3. 100,000 people can be wrong. Look at Nazi Germany. You can't use numbers of people to justify an argument. That's the ad populum logical fallacy.

Thank you. I was so tempted but it just seemed too easy. In the end, the gentleman is entitled to his opinion.:wave:

col

from reading that article im not gunna get that time back lol. i found it 2 be time wasting -to me it sounded like he started off with a negative attitude and it didnt get better. he kept pointing out faults. im someone who loves disney especially the parks and goes because to me its a world in a world. its a place where im not bothered by anyone and i love it more for that. again to me he just kept putting it down -how can u compare it to or the idea of it to the founder of scientology :shrug:?
however what i did like about the article was when he said he saw a girl in a princess dress in a wheelchair with a huge smile on her face and the smiles on her parents faces -to me that is a part of disneyworld; seeing peoples faces beaming with smiles.

DisneyYorkian74

You're trying to compare Nazi Germany to Walt Disney World...:rolleyes:

You're on a WDW fansite... Don't get so insulted when you hear people trying to defend the place if they feel someone is unfairly judging it.

I think the person obviously had an agenda against the Disney Corp. before he even set foot in WDW.

The journalist did have some good times and did have some positive things to say about WDW; but ultimately, his personal bias against the company really cheated himself out of what could have been a great vacation.

wesTcoastY

Before I commence giving my opinion about this article, Let me first state a couple of facts. 1) I & my family are "Hardcore Disney Fans". 2) I have NEVER read any articles written by this gentleman, therfore I read his article with an open mind regardless of the comments I read in this thread prior to reading his article. With that said, let me say this. I don't believe the writer was as critical & negative about Disney as many of you are saying. To the contrary, he had many positive comments about the lengths to which Imagineers go to plan out the place we have come to love so much. And his comment about Walt in "One Man's Dream" appears meant to point out that for all the work that Walt put into WDW, he has summarily become an afterthought to the average visitor. While there were several scathing comments, I believe these were directed more at the general concensus of people that visit Disney on a regular basis without ever experiencing any of what the rest of the world has to offer. While it is true that my son has been to WDW 8 times & will make journey number 9 in January of '09, He also has been to the mountains of Tennessee, the beaches of Florida & will be making a trip Brazil in a couple months. I thought this article was rather enlightening & everyone could learn a little from it. While it doesn't mean that my approach to WDW will change, it does however reinforce what I already believed. The world in which we live is full of cultural diversity & if more of us took the time to experience as much of it as possible, it might be a better place. While it is possible that I missed the point & misinterpreted what I read, I don't think I am that far off.;)

***This opinion is in no way intended as an attack on anyone else's comments reagarding this article. We are all entitled to our thoughts & comments. These are just mine***

***Steps down from pedestal***:)

I completely agree.

bayoumoon

I just found it funny that most of his negativity towards Epcot is that the kids don't like it. Why on Earth should every park be all about little kids? Last I checked, adults are the ones who shell out the money, don't they have a right to have at least one theme park dedicated to entertaining them?
I am all for the kids having fun, but it's not all about children.

I second that opinion, I travel to the world without any kids and Epcot is by far my favorite park. Although I love them all:D

Fun2BFree

A few thoughts.

I'm enjoying the use of early-1900s slang. :)

DisneyAnole

You're trying to compare Nazi Germany to Walt Disney World...:rolleyes:

You're on a WDW fansite... Don't get so insulted when you hear people trying to defend the place if they feel someone is unfairly judging it.

I think the person obviously had an agenda against the Disney Corp. before he even set foot in WDW.

The journalist did have some good times and did have some positive things to say about WDW; but ultimately, his personal bias against the company really cheated himself out of what could have been a great vacation.

No, I was using Nazi Germany to make a point about the other poster's misuse of logic. :rolleyes:

And I realize people around here salivate at the thought of WDW, but WDW fans can still be rational about others' criticisms of WDW...can't they?

lilclerk

For all we know, he had an incredible vacation. His job seems to be to write slightly snarky, negative articles... and he did. Doesn't mean it was really what he was thinking, or even if it was what he was thinking that he didn't really enjoy himself and buy into DVC before leaving. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom