MSEP Returns

mickEblu

Maybe it’s not tired for me because as a kid we never sat down and actually watched the whole thing. It was something we watched in passing. As an adult I’ve only seen it twice, both during its 2017 run with my son who loved it.

brb1006

I think the real problem isnt dragging out MSEP it’s that the condition of the parade is just sad. No Blue Fairy, no Dumbo Circus, only 1 Pinnochio float and a revisionist music track. They need to rebuild those sections or just retire it and put it in a museum.
Yeah the parade no feels shorter since those floats are all MIA.

Animaniac93-98

Because it's classic and charming.

Like Light Magic.

TTA94

Please no. After seeing it in person last year, it was one of the most painfully slow and boring parades I’ve ever watched. Only parade that takes the lead would be MSEP.

No doubt the most upbeat parade is PTN. I don’t get that from MSEP... maybe a little compared to SpectroMagic, Fantillusion and Dreamlights

IMO PTN isn’t a true “light parade” with ever inch of the floats covered in lights. Dreamlights wins hands down when it comes to a true modern light parade style.

Last edited:

muddyrivers

No idea why I get so emotional when the lights turn off and a big cheer goes up at the end of the opening spiel, but here we are.
Because it's classic and charming.

And powerful. It's that retro futurism preparing you for one of the greatest things you will ever see. Thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic (is that even a real word?) musical sounds.

spectrodanny

And powerful. It's that retro futurism preparing you for one of the greatest things you will ever see. Thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic (is that even a real word?) musical sounds.
"electrosynthemagnetic is word made up by Jack Wagner. to describe the sound of the music in the old soundtrack.

prberk

And yet the world's largest resort, WDW, still has no night parade any more.

I liked SpectroMagic's soundtrack. Hearing it in summer reminds me of walking around the MK at night... a little taste of WDW at home if I happen upon the song and play it at night in the summer. "Glimmering, shimmering...".

tirian

Please no. After seeing it in person last year, it was one of the most painfully slow and boring parades I’ve ever watched. Only parade that takes the lead would be MSEP.
I’m generally willing to discuss opinions, but what the heck?! Dreamlights is fantastic, although I agree it’s a bit long because the Japanese culture tends to have a longer attention span (I dare you to watch any Ghibli movie without checking the time).

:D

I hate PTN in Disneyland. I usually call it the SOW parade (screens on wheels), and it fits into DCA better than the classic magic of DL. But the MSEP is old and rickety, and missing almost half its original units. That sucker needs to be replaced.

tirian

SpectroMagic is the GOAT Disney parade.
Fixed that for you, the technology in PTN and Dreamlights makes Specto nearly as obsolete as MSEP.

An updated Spectromagic would be glorious for WDW. The music, length, and themes were perfect for the grandeur of the MK. It’s the only night parade I felt compelled to stop and watch every single time. It was also the last gasp of a Walt Disney Company that still included elements of obscure classics alongside new movies. For example, the singing harp from “Mickey and the Beanstalk” was on the same float as Roger Rabbit, who was later replaced by the Genie. Ah, I miss that parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom