MSEP Returns

brb1006

I'm sure it was, they are never that fast in responding to messes. But the point was that the MSEP keeps getting dusted off and shoved out of the barn every couple years when they've got nothing else going on or just don't want to try that hard.

It's just not a good business strategy, in my opinion.

How many more times in the 21st century are they going to drag out this sad parade that Glowed Away Forever when gas was 90 cents a gallon and Friends and Seinfeld were the biggest hits on TV? In 2021 will they have a 25th Anniversary Of Glowing Away Forever version?
And by 2021, MSEP is only one year away from turning 50!

brb1006

So it's been a couple days now since the MSEP stopped running at Disneyland. No one really talked about it, and the local media ignored it. The parade is over. Again.

Does anyone care? Apparently not.

You would think that would be a big sign to TDA that their MSEP Never Dies Strategy isn't a good one.
At least they didn't make Farewell Merchandise for the third time.

mickEblu

So it's been a couple days now since the MSEP stopped running at Disneyland. No one really talked about it, and the local media ignored it. The parade is over. Again.

You would think that would be a big sign to TDA that their MSEP Never Dies Strategy isn't a good one.

Makes sense. Everyone knows it’s coming back again. Lol

truecoat

I was a late comer to Disneyland so the MSEP isn't a nostalgic thing for me. When I was there in August, I pointed out to the people we were with that this parade was brought back and it has a long history blah blah blah. Their response was, yeah we saw it two years ago when you dragged us out here.

Last edited:

Phroobar

MSEP was something I watched every time we were at Disneyland during my youth. However, it is not nostalgic for me. It's more of annoying obstacle to cross at night.

poppin

I really enjoyed this parade in August. Next time I will sit for the second showing the first required way too long of a wait to have an up front spot. (If it ever comes back)

Emmanuel

I really enjoyed this parade in August. Next time I will sit for the second showing the first required way too long of a wait to have an up front spot. (If it ever comes back)

This was the case for me with PTN. 2nd performances for night parades usually are the less busiest since people leave after fireworks or migrated to Fantasmic if it’s on

jrhwdw

This was the case for me with PTN. 2nd performances for night parades usually are the less busiest since people leave after fireworks or migrated to Fantasmic if it’s on
That's been the recommendation since 1972! It applies to any parade or F! That runs more than once a day.

The Empress Lilly

Ooh...lots of sour puss local crowd! =D

Meanwhile, I'm doing what not even Cars Land managed: I'm booking a trip to DL. Yes, just to see the MSEP. Yes, really.
I made good on my promise and took a 5-day impromptu trip to DL!

My initial thought was to see the MSEP once per night, and do WoC twice too. I expected more viewings would be overkill. But the first night, as I was getting my ride count in after the first showing, I heard the Baroque Hoedown from afar, ran over, caught the most part of the show, and realised I will never tire of this parade this lifetime. I proceeded to watch it twice every night, minus one viewing of WoC. I watched it from the left, from the right, at MS, at the hub, at the Matterhorn, at the finish line by Small World.

What can I say? The only parades I care about are night parades. And the only night parade I truly love is the MSEP. ♡
It were beautiful DL days. DL felt like dying and going to Disney heaven. Toad, MSEP, Snow White, trees, and the spirit of Walt. All is well in the world when you look at the Matterhorn and the MSEP comes rolling in...

drizgirl

I made good on my promise and took a 5-day impromptu trip to DL!

My initial thought was to see the MSEP once per night, and do WoC twice too. I expected more viewings would be overkill. But the first night, as I was getting my ride count in after the first showing, I heard the Baroque Hoedown from afar, ran over, caught the most part of the show, and realised I will never tire of this parade this lifetime. I proceeded to watch it twice every night, minus one viewing of WoC. I watched it from the left, from the right, at MS, at the hub, at the Matterhorn, at the finish line by Small World.

What can I say? The only parades I care about are night parades. And the only night parade I truly love is the MSEP. ♡
It were beautiful DL days. DL felt like dying and going to Disney heaven. Toad, MSEP, Snow White, trees, and the spirit of Walt. All is well in the world when you look at the Matterhorn and the MSEP comes rolling in...

View attachment 416776
I so miss the night parades. :(

FerretAfros

Getting your park-crossing plans MSEP'd is a cherished DL summer tradition! I love the MSEP, annoyances and all. :D
I kid you not, my earliest memory of the park is trying to get across MSEP in Fantasyland when I was about 4 or 5 years old. My older brother and I were with my DL-local aunt and cousin (though surely my parents and grandma were somewhere in the park too), trying to get from Fantasyland into Tomorrowland, just before the American flag finale float came up past the Matterhorn on the right-hand side of us (so it must have been the 2nd parade of the night). Just as the crossing point was about to open up, my aunt threw me on her shoulders and my cousin grabbed my brother by the hand, and we all scampered to the other side together.

It’s funny what you remember after all those years. It’s not a character interaction or a thrilling E-ticket, it’s the entirely random moments that fill in the rest of your time in the park. That’s the real Disney magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom