MSEP Returns

MickeySoCal

Indeed, the 60th anniversary was the last time we ran off a Tom Staggs approved budget. Once Chapek got in, he promptly started having his team cut budgets and scale back entertainment. It was obvious from the start.

When you look at the scope and breadth of the entertainment offerings in DLR during the 60th compared to today it really is something.

Maybe all the emerging bad press about cheapness will spur a different mode, but given that it is Chapek, I'm not so sure.

jrhwdw

Today’s the day the old parade goes away!!! 🥳
Any buzz on what happens to MSEP after tonght??? Back to Backsage sitting in tact doing no one any good for who knows how long? Movig to another Resort(PLEASE!) Or are the lights finally coming off tomorrow?

TP2000

Any buzz on what happens to MSEP after tonght??? Back to Backsage sitting in tact doing no one any good for who knows how long? Movig to another Resort(PLEASE!) Or are the lights finally coming off tomorrow?

They took the lights off already back in 1996.

This is just embarrassing for them at this point. It's a gorgeous fall day, unusually cold for late September, and even though I'm all caught up on house and garden chores after this weekend I have no desire to jump in an Uber and go see this parade one last time tonight. Because the damn thing just keeps wheezing itself back to life whenever some marketing campaign fails or the new ride is delayed or whatever.

And it will trundle out onto the parade route tonight, a sad shadow of its former self with half the dancers cut and a third of the floats gone and several of the snails and spinning bugs missing. So they'll just turn up the volume on Baroque Hoedown and pretend it's 1978 again. It's not, the parade is sad and tired and staffed with half the dancers and performers it had in the 20th century. At this point it is damaging the brand of the park.

It's just embarrassing that Disneyland lowers itself to shoving out this sad retread again and again. And again.

drizgirl

This is just embarrassing for them at this point. It's a gorgeous fall day, unusually cold for late September, and even though I'm all caught up on house and garden chores after this weekend I have no desire to jump in an Uber and go see this parade one last time tonight. Because the damn thing just keeps wheezing itself back to life whenever some marketing campaign fails or the new ride is delayed or whatever.

And it will trundle out onto the parade route tonight, a sad shadow of its former self with half the dancers cut and a third of the floats gone and several of the snails and spinning bugs missing. So they'll just turn up the volume on Baroque Hoedown and pretend it's 1978 again. It's not, the parade is sad and tired and staffed with half the dancers and performers it had in the 20th century. At this point it is damaging the brand of the park.

It's just embarrassing that Disneyland lowers itself to shoving out this sad retread again and again. And again.
At least they put something out there. WDW just goes without.

Disney Analyst

Justice for Paint the Night! That parade should have been expanded by now and allowed to become the modern MSEP. Ugh.

brb1006

Justice for Paint the Night! That parade should have been expanded by now and allowed to become the modern MSEP. Ugh.
And Justice for Spectromagic, since MSEP was extended from 2010 till 2016 (MSEP was suppose only run for that Summer) leaving Spectro to rot in the hot Florida sun. To the point that the floats weren't able to be fixable and later destroyed. For once, WDW actually got an electrical parade that was only for that resort and not a clone.

truecoat

Wasn't this planned way before the troubles this summer? Some of the ride vehicles were on site before the first GE reservation days.

TP2000

Wasn't this planned way before the troubles this summer? Some of the ride vehicles were on site before the first GE reservation days.

I'm sure it was, they are never that fast in responding to messes. But the point was that the MSEP keeps getting dusted off and shoved out of the barn every couple years when they've got nothing else going on or just don't want to try that hard.

It's just not a good business strategy, in my opinion.

How many more times in the 21st century are they going to drag out this sad parade that Glowed Away Forever when gas was 90 cents a gallon and Friends and Seinfeld were the biggest hits on TV? In 2021 will they have a 25th Anniversary Of Glowing Away Forever version?

TTA94

I'm sure it was, they are never that fast in responding to messes. But the point was that the MSEP keeps getting dusted off and shoved out of the barn every couple years when they've got nothing else going on or just don't want to try that hard.

It's just not a good business strategy, in my opinion.

How many more times in the 21st century are they going to drag out this sad parade that Glowed Away Forever when gas was 90 cents a gallon and Friends and Seinfeld were the biggest hits on TV? In 2021 will they have a 25th Anniversary Of Glowing Away Forever version?

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it ends up creaking it’s way down MSUSA at MK once again for the 50th. That’s if it survives another move.

TP2000

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it ends up creaking it’s way down MSUSA at MK once again for the 50th. That’s if it survives another move.

Agreed that it wouldn't be surprising, but they just can't do that to MK for their 50th. I mean really, they just can't.

That would be total artistic and operational failure on their part if they did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom