MSEP Returns

brb1006

most of the floats are 42 years old. Tinkerbells float is 10, Smee's boat is 17 (a newer version of his '85 boat was put in service when DEP opened at DCA in '01 Peter Pan the Seven Dwarves and Pinocchio are from '85 as is the Ballroom float from Cinderella, and the Eagle is from '79
I think the current Drum Float has been running since 77.

HoldenC

Wait.... Parades bring in crowds? People want parades? Someone tell the suits. Quick..
Tell that to the idiots sitting in their offices across from Disney Springs 🙄 While I find it hilarious DL gets MSEP again, I can't help but be jealous they've got a night parade while the Magic Kingdom (the world's most visited park) has none 😡😡😡

D

Deleted member 107043

Watching the stream with my daughter. She's mildly interested.

Edit: And she bailed out at Pete's Dragon.

I watched the Disney Parks stream and felt a wave of nostalgia as soon as it began. However, having seen it a million times over the years, the nostalgia was soon replaced by tedium. The parade seemed to be moving at a snails pace and many of the best floats were missing. What happened to the King Lion playing the calliope? I'm also not a big fan of the "club remix" version of the soundtrack they're using these days.

Just bring Paint the Night back please.

spectrodanny

I watched the Disney Parks stream and had this wave of nostalgia as soon as it began. However, having seen it a million times over the years, the nostalgia was soon replaced by tedium. The parade seemed to be moving at a snails pace and many of the best floats were missing. What happened to the King Lion playing the calliope? I'm also not a big fan of the "club remix" version of the soundtrack they're using these days.

the Dumbo's Circus floats retired in ;09 when the Blue Fairy Float also retired. the Circus floats however must have retired unexpectedly:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
We already have PTN as the successor to MSEP and they dumped it to DCA and it sits in a warehouse down the street. If any park needs Dreamlights it’s the MK in WDW but we all know they’d let it rot outside.

brb1006

I watched the Disney Parks stream and felt a wave of nostalgia as soon as it began. However, having seen it a million times over the years, the nostalgia was soon replaced by tedium. The parade seemed to be moving at a snails pace and many of the best floats were missing. What happened to the King Lion playing the calliope? I'm also not a big fan of the "club remix" version of the soundtrack they're using these days.

The music used for MSEP these days is just reused from Dreamlights with a few differences.

brb1006

the Dumbo's Circus floats retired in ;09 when the Blue Fairy Float also retired. the Circus floats however must have retired unexpectedly:

Weird considering they actually made new music for the Dumbo section. The Dumbo section no longer being used st the parade makes MSEP feel shorter than excepted. Not to mention the Pinocchio section missing one float.

spectrodanny

you should check out videos of the parade in Paris from Sumer '98 when they got Dwarf Mine & Pleasure Island from Disneyland. Every night the parade ran up until it's Spring ;03 end in Paris there was always something missing due to lack of a proper budget. most nights the Alice Section would go out with only 2 mushrooms, neither of which were Alice's you NEVER saw that here in the states unless her mushroom got pulled at step-off at which point it was too late to hold the other 2 back.

brb1006

you should check out videos of the parade in Paris from Sumer '98 when they got Dwarf Mine & Pleasure Island from Disneyland. Every night the parade ran up until it's Spring ;03 end in Paris there was always something missing due to lack of a proper budget. most nights the Alice Section would go out with only 2 mushrooms, neither of which were Alice's you NEVER saw that here in the states unless her mushroom got pulled at step-off at which point it was too late to hold the other 2 back.
Yeah the Paris version looked very empty and the floats were out of order. At least Donald or Pluto could be seen at the Drum float. Also Elliot looked like he got hit by a shovel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom