MSEP Floats have arrived ?!

WDW1974

:fork::fork::fork:

I really hope that's not true.

Why?

The MK desperately needs a new night parade. And DCA's parade will be more to handle the crowds that the amazing World of Color show will bring.

It also will be 'new' to most of the guests there. To me, it's a win-win proposition and a smart move on Disney's part.

Nicole220

Why?

The MK desperately needs a new night parade. And DCA's parade will be more to handle the crowds that the amazing World of Color show will bring.

It also will be 'new' to most of the guests there. To me, it's a win-win proposition and a smart move on Disney's part.
The MK can get a new nighttime parade, I'm totally fine with that. I just don't want DCA to get Spectro. I like the MSEP more...I want it to stay.

yellowrocket

Correct me if I'm wrong... but, not counting the MSEP Dreamlights, there were 3 complete versions of the original Main Street Electrical Parade (albeit with changes and additions over the years including Holiday themes and yearly udates, a la Return to Oz). So, which one is at central shops at WDW?

VERSION 1 - DISNEYLAND (status: running)
+ Disneyland ('GLOWS' away forever only to return)
+ Disneyland (replaced by Light Magic)
+ New York (as Hercules Electrical Parade)
(gains several Hercules theme floats; loses several existing floats)
+ Magic Kingdom (replaces SpectroMagic for limited engagement)
(loses Hercules theme floats; loses Pinoccho floats among others)
+ Disney's California Adventure

VERSION 2 - WALT DISNEY WORLD (status: unknown)
+ Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom (replaced by Spectromagic)
+ Disneyland Paris (EuroDisney) (replaced by Fantalusion)
(at one time was scheduled to go to Hong Kong Disneyland)

VERSION 3 - TOKYO DISNEYLAND (status: unknown)
+ Tokyo Disneyland (replaced by Fantalusion)

-----
Other Night Parades/Streetaculars

VERSION 4 - SPECTROMAGIC (status: running)
+ Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom (replaces MSEP v2)
+ Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom (replaces MSEP v1's limited engagement)

VERSION 5 - FANTALUSION (status: running)
+ Tokyo Disneyland (replaces MSEP v3)
+ Disneyland Paris (replaces MSEP v2)
(loses some floats due to time zone and staffing

VERSION 6 - LIGHT MAGIC (status: unknown)
+ Disneyland (replaces MSEP v1)

VERSION 7 - DISNEY'S ELECTRICAL PARADE DREAMLIGHTS (status: running)
+ Tokyo Disneyland (replaces Fantalusion)

JimboJones123

A11-11.jpg

markc

Isn't this topic a little "deja vu'ey"? Exactly ten years ago, the MSEP floats had arrived back in WDW (The DL floats) for the refurb and a year later in May of 99' , they official return of the MSEP occurred. It was an error that somebody said they simply returned to perform in Florida because WDW figured why not - they specifically returned to WDW to allow them to completely refurb the Spectro floats, which had been damaged by roughly nine years of use. Spectro is coming back up on their 9 year mark since that last refurb, so it would almost make sense that they would need some downtime, and since the MK needs a night parade, the return of yet another set of floats from MSEP doesn't seem too far fetched.

nemofinder22

MSEP will NOT be returning to WDW. More bad rumor.

DCA's EP will be going to HKDL at some point and DCA will get SpectroMagic (if current plans stay ontrack) in time for DL's 55th.

MK will be getting an all new nighttime parade in 2011.

Hmm interesting I'v heard that once DEP leaves DCA it will get replaced with a brand new night time parade in 2011 since WOC will take care of 2010. I guess well have to see how everything plays out in the next few years.

I love both these parades! I do actually like MSEP better only because the Alice in Wonderland part is larger then SpectroMagic. and I feel like Disney sometimes doesnt give as much credit to this masterpeice as they should. Even I know they are remaking the movie as a Stop Motion flix like NBC and is directed by Tim Burton. (BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!!!!)

BTW Speaking of SpectroMagic. When did they change the SpectroWizards? Cause Even thought i always thought the Chucky looking ones from before were super creepy but the new ones didn't smile when i saw them. So whats the deal??

DLPMagic

Original Poster
Being from DLP, I may help you about the parades :

- The DLP MSEP (former WDW MSEP) was refurbished before going to Hong Kong. But the parade was never showed there.
It seems that the floats at Hong Kong were transfered to WDW for a future run by the end of 2009.

- DCA will have a nightime show on the lake in 2009, so the ELP will not be usefull anymore in the park.

- The has been 3 MSEP
1- Disneyland Version (refurbished and now ELP)
2- WDW Version , then at DLP and now maybe back at WDW ??
3- TDL Version scrapped for Dreamlights

Anyone have seen the parade backstages those days ?

:shrug:

Cruiser237

Any idea how they pack up all the floats for shipment to different parks?? It has got to take them awhile to prepare for shipment, etc!:drevil:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's more likely that MSEP is at WDW to be refurbed at Central Shops before being shipped to DLP. WDW built both/all versions originally used at WDW and DL.
Why would DLP get the MSEP again? They bought Fantillusion outright from the OLC.

Figment1986

Any idea how they pack up all the floats for shipment to different parks?? It has got to take them awhile to prepare for shipment, etc!:drevil:

what I hear... they make sure the floats work... carefully disassemble them, take them to the port... and ship it over by boat... then send techs over to put it back together...

dannb1001

Seems to be a lot of talk about changes in light parades lately. No one really seems to know whats going to happen, if anything. I have heard so many differant plans. Guess I'll believe it when I hear something is confirmed.

raven

I know I'm going to make some people angry with this remark, but why can't WDI come up with a NEW nighttime parade instead of just bringing back a parade that's been around for years? :shrug: I would rather see an all new parade, one that perhaps combines the best of Spectro and MSEP.

One was created at DL between the 2 parades called Light Magic. It bombed and had a very short life. Although the music was good people hated it.

MSEP will NOT be returning to WDW. More bad rumor.

DCA's EP will be going to HKDL at some point and DCA will get SpectroMagic (if current plans stay ontrack) in time for DL's 55th.

MK will be getting an all new nighttime parade in 2011.

Be careful. Posting such comments like that when you are new make people tend to believe you are just trying to get attention. Not saying it isn't true it's just that, historically on these boards, information like that is hard to believe from a newbie. Try to back up these rumors with sorces.

Figment1986

Be careful. Posting such comments like that when you are new make people tend to believe you are just trying to get attention. Not saying it isn't true it's just that, historically on these boards, information like that is hard to believe from a newbie. Try to back up these rumors with sorces.

he has a good idea what hes talking about, he usually posts on MiceChat as wdw1974 and used to post on laughing place as spirit of 74. his information is usually closer to fact and dead on at the time of posting.

hpyhnt 1000

One was created at DL between the 2 parades called Light Magic. It bombed and had a very short life. Although the music was good people hated it.

Understood that Light Magic was an attempt to crete a new nighttime parade and it failed. However, I can't believe this would be one of the reasons why WDI is simply recycling an old parade as opposed to creating a new one. Light Magic was a decade ago. Surely, hopefully, WDI has other ideas besides what they did for Light Magic. Just because they had a failure doesn't mean they should give up on creating something new. Journey Into Your Imagination at Epcot was a failure on so many levels, but it didn't stop WDI from creating Expedition Everest.

I'm not saying that this is why WDI is not creating a new parade. For all we know, they may be working on it now. The point is, WDI had a bad idea, but they should not let that bad idea stop them from creating something new, and I would rather see something different fail as opposed to seeing them use the same thing from three decades ago.

year45

Well I beleive WDI is not the people who come up with these parades. Its Walt Disney Creative Entertainment. Its WDI who is in charge of making infustructure upgrades to the parks to accomodate the parades. So dont blame WDI for not coming up with different stuff, blame the penny pushers and creative entertainment. Unless a miracle happens, I have a feeling Spectromagic will be like the MSEP in twenty years and seems to never retire even though they say it will. But be gratefull there is something still entertaining at the moment we could end up with the High School Musical: Electrical Parade but I shouldnt be giving them ideas lol.

disney111

From what I can remember of the Electrical Parade (and what I saw of it on youtube) I really like SpectroMagic more than the Electrical Parade. But I would love it if Magic Kingdom got a new nighttime parade, especially if it was like the DreamLights parade.

WDW1974

You make a good point, as I am a 'newbie' to this site.

But I am not a 'newbie' to WDW or the WDC in general ... and certainly not to posting in the 'fan' community.

I am not always right, but my track record is usually about 90/10. And when I post something I make sure it is -- at the very least -- the current plan. When I'm wrong, I admit it. A while back I was given some bad information regarding special events for rebranding day at the Studios and went with it because the source was reputable ... but quite wrong unfortunately. So it happens.

But I have posted the above other places ... months ago when I first learned it. It hasn't changed any.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom