MSEP Floats have arrived ?!

WDW1974

They've recycled the "Moving On" floats and billed it as the "new" Christmas Parade for the past two years. Tokyo isn't immune to such behavior....none of the resorts are.

That's really nitpicking.

It doesn't at all compare to the MK having the exact same parades since 1991 and 2001 respectively. That's not even in the same universe.

And TDL has countless seasonal and special event parades. WDW has none other than a Christmas Parade that has been almost the exact same for decades, other than a change of music (made it worse) last year, and two special hard-ticket parades.

yellowrocket

i think youre forgetting there is the version dlp had & is sitting somewhere in storage or traveling the world. there have been at least 2 versions of msep at any given time since 1977.:hammer:

Ya think Tokyo's was scrapped? they have so many parades, i wouldn't be surprised if they simply didn't have room. Back then, the parks weren't swapping the parades like they do now.

I personally don't mind the parades traveling around the world. i'd love to see Fantallusion or MSEP Dreamlights... or even Party Gras. that was a great daytime parade.

ejeremy98

not for nothing, but the music from MSEP drives me nuts after about 2 seconds. spectro is far superior. i do get the nostalgia thing though because i'm the first person hoping original illumiNations would come back.

dixiegirl

not for nothing, but the music from MSEP drives me nuts after about 2 seconds. spectro is far superior. i do get the nostalgia thing though because i'm the first person hoping original illumiNations would come back.

I agree with the MSEP music I was listening to mouseradio today and that was playing , needless to say I switched my channels!!!..Oh by the way I had to laugh when I seen that you started your post with "not for nothing" , I knew you could'nt live that far from me.....RI.....:)

KaliSplash

Whatever the truth to the return of MSEP, if it is officially announced, there will be two premium annual passes purchased that day, maybe four.

I find the Spectro Music 'ploddingly magestic.' Unlike MSEP, which is the best parade music ever created.

And I'm sorry for those of you it drives nuts. You must understand, I actually LIKE It's A Small World After All !:sohappy:

scpergj

Whatever the truth to the return of MSEP, if it is officially announced, there will be two premium annual passes purchased that day, maybe four.

I find the Spectro Music 'ploddingly magestic.' Unlike MSEP, which is the best parade music ever created.

I find this very interesting. It shows that people can have different tastes (go figure!)!

I, personally, LOVED the Main Street Electrical Parade, and I believe that Baroque Hoedown is one of the coolest pieces of electronic music ever written. I also like the music from Spectro, but I find it lacks the depth of character that Baroque Howdown has, even though it has a broader spectrum of notes at any given time...it really lacks the point-counterpoint, and the energy, that made MSEP such a joyful parade. BTW, my wife and I disagree on this...see, different people, different points of view.

I remember the MSEP from when I used to go with my parents a LONG time ago. In 2001 (spring...I think I have that date right), my wife and I took our son to the Magic Kingdom, and I taped the entire parade...it was in it's last few showings before it was packed up and shipped out. I miss the MSEP, but would definitly would love it if Disney were to bring in a totally new parade instead. Actually, I more hope for a new parade than anything!

Kevin

hauntdmansion79

We'll see how it goes.

Generally, nothing turns me off more than management apologists ... be it for Disney or any other company.

When fans start justifying the WalMarting of WDW it makes me feel like I'm wasting my time and that things will never improve. Hopefully, there aren't too many of those Disney-can-do-no-wrong folks around here.

First of all welcome officially to these boards (although your info has been plagiarized by some other WDWMagic members here for a while). You have some good information in your posts and it's nice to add another legit source because there are too few.

I agree with your opinion of the "WalMarting of WDW". It drives me nuts when it happens and saddens me that the Disney I grew up with, the Disney that built things like the original EPCOT CENTER, would cut corners. But never give up hope, because there are a lot of us who are not "Disney-can-do-no-wrong" folks. We all love Disney but only want to help bring out the best in them. I feel like perhaps we had a little something to do with the Epcot wand coming down. People promised me, literally promised me, that the wand would not come down. Yet I still hoped and voiced my opinion, and in less than 6 months...the thing was gone and we had our Spaceship Earth back!

These boards haven't been too interesting lately, but when things start happening and big news is popping up, these boards get really good and you'll be glad you're here.

WDW1974

First of all welcome officially to these boards (although your info has been plagiarized by some other WDWMagic members here for a while). You have some good information in your posts and it's nice to add another legit source because there are too few. ...
These boards haven't been too interesting lately, but when things start happening and big news is popping up, these boards get really good and you'll be glad you're here.

Thanks for the welcome ... and you know what they say: 'plagiarism IS the sincerest form of flattery.'

spectrodanny

so if the WDW/DLP floats Have in fact caught fire why would WDW be hanging onto the floats? are they wanting to collect insurance on them or something?

hardcard

First of all welcome officially to these boards (although your info has been plagiarized by some other WDWMagic members here for a while). You have some good information in your posts and it's nice to add another legit source because there are too few.

I agree with your opinion of the "WalMarting of WDW". It drives me nuts when it happens and saddens me that the Disney I grew up with, the Disney that built things like the original EPCOT CENTER, would cut corners. But never give up hope, because there are a lot of us who are not "Disney-can-do-no-wrong" folks. We all love Disney but only want to help bring out the best in them. I feel like perhaps we had a little something to do with the Epcot wand coming down. People promised me, literally promised me, that the wand would not come down. Yet I still hoped and voiced my opinion, and in less than 6 months...the thing was gone and we had our Spaceship Earth back!

funny you should say that considering the EPCOT center project was the biggest 'corner cut' in the history of the Disney company. It is NOTHING like it was intended to be. Not saying I don't like Epcot.. I love it.. but it's the truth.. It's nothing like walt wanted.. Walt didn't want 4 didn't theme parks.. he wanted -1-, all the rides would have been there.. the other space was not intended to be developed into theme parks..

lnsemsf

funny you should say that considering the EPCOT center project was the biggest 'corner cut' in the history of the Disney company. It is NOTHING like it was intended to be. Not saying I don't like Epcot.. I love it.. but it's the truth.. It's nothing like walt wanted.. Walt didn't want 4 didn't theme parks.. he wanted -1-, all the rides would have been there.. the other space was not intended to be developed into theme parks..

So it sounds like something Walt got wrong. The more parks the better!

bgraham34

Whatever they plan to do I want to make sure the lights are a key part of the parade. I dont want a night time parade that is just floats without the great lighting.

Bill Smugs

Whatever they plan to do I want to make sure the lights are a key part of the parade. I dont want a night time parade that is just floats without the great lighting.

you havent heard about the parade of black tarps? Castmembers will process along the parade route holding flashlights an carining black tarps well the rime of the anchent mariner by iron madian plays. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:I am joking of corse.

Jheyman

Walt didn't want 4 didn't theme parks.. he wanted -1-, all the rides would have been there.. the other space was not intended to be developed into theme parks..

Thats not true ...at all....walt wanted space to do whatever the future may bring. Yes EPCOT would have been more a community to live and visit but the acres of land that is walt disney world was never said to NOT be theme parks...

hardcard

Ok... let me re-phrase..

Walt never INTENDED to build more than Magic Kingdom as far as the amusement parks went..

Right or wrong, like it or love it, thats the way it was..

djkidkaz

The whole Disney property is more of what EPCOT was supposed to be. People ( CM's ) live, work and play all on property. Look at all the different forms of transportation WDW offers, including transportation that could still be considered futuristic such as the TTA and the Monorail. Walts idea was to build the perfect community and try to solve ways to make the rest of our communities run better. I'd say the whole Disney property is the best run community on the planet, when you consider the amount of people that come and go through there on a daily basis. The only issue is that noone has adapted any of these ideas to their own communities. So all in all, EPCOT itself is not what it was supposed to be, but overall, the whole Disney property is basically what EPCOT was supposed to be.

devoy1701

The whole Disney property is more of what EPCOT was supposed to be. People ( CM's ) live, work and play all on property. Look at all the different forms of transportation WDW offers, including transportation that could still be considered futuristic such as the TTA and the Monorail. Walts idea was to build the perfect community and try to solve ways to make the rest of our communities run better. I'd say the whole Disney property is the best run community on the planet, when you consider the amount of people that come and go through there on a daily basis. The only issue is that noone has adapted any of these ideas to their own communities. So all in all, EPCOT itself is not what it was supposed to be, but overall, the whole Disney property is basically what EPCOT was supposed to be.

more or less...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom