MSEP Floats have arrived ?!

bgraham34

As long as MK has a nightime parade similar to both in the past I will be a happy camper. MSEP will just bring back fond memories as a kid.

elabron

Well, if SpectroMagic is going to be going away in the next few years, I'd better buy the soundtrack whilst there next month!

Wow! managed to work in the word "whilst" to this post! I'm good. :p

Rosso11

Be careful. Posting such comments like that when you are new make people tend to believe you are just trying to get attention. Not saying it isn't true it's just that, historically on these boards, information like that is hard to believe from a newbie. Try to back up these rumors with sorces.

Don't worry he knows what he's talking about. You'll quickly learn that. I'm ecstatic wdw1974 is here now. I've followed him around all over the Disney online community. Its about time you made wdwmagic your home. I hope you stick around. The past few months have been pretty boring without you posting much on the web.

ToTBellHop

If Spectro will go to DCA by July 2010 and we will get a new parade in 2011, will there be no nighttime parade inbetween? Seems like really poor planning to me. 2 years is certainly enough time to create a new parade and this would likely mean no nighttime parade at the MK for both summer of 2010 and the entire holiday period (I would assume it would also be missing for most of 2011 since I would imagine this would be new for the 40th celebration in October 2011?). Seems unwise...it would make more sense to have it open "early" in summer of 2010 but still call it "new" for the 40th anniversary celebration in 2011. It would not be the first time Disney called something a year or two old "new"...

shoppingnut

I remember seeing Light Magic and it was a horrible parade. The lighting and floats were not that interesting and if you weren't in one of two spots in the park you didn't get to see the performance when the parade stopped. I recall after seeing it, saying that I had no interest in seeing it again.

I love both Spectro and MSEP and wouldn't mind having it come back for a short run at WDW.

WDW1974

Don't worry he knows what he's talking about. You'll quickly learn that. I'm ecstatic wdw1974 is here now. I've followed him around all over the Disney online community. Its about time you made wdwmagic your home. I hope you stick around. The past few months have been pretty boring without you posting much on the web.

We'll see.

Frankly, I've been bored to tears by the Disney online community of late ... I've been encouraged to post here and I'm giving it the old college try.

There's just a lot of disinformation out there ... and way too much 'rah-rah, Disney can do no wrong' 'tudes that allow the company to WalMart its parks and resorts.

FWIW, having parades last for years (sometimes decades) and then send them off to another park and calling them 'new' is a great example of this.

This doesn't happen in Tokyo.

And it didn't use to happen in the USA either.

The MK has parades from 1991 and 2001 performing daily in 2008. And they aren't even that good to begin with.

But thanks for the kind words.

WDWFigment

We'll see.

Frankly, I've been bored to tears by the Disney online community of late ... I've been encouraged to post here and I'm giving it the old college try.

There's just a lot of disinformation out there ... and way too much 'rah-rah, Disney can do no wrong' 'tudes that allow the company to WalMart its parks and resorts.

FWIW, having parades last for years (sometimes decades) and then send them off to another park and calling them 'new' is a great example of this.

This doesn't happen in Tokyo.

And it didn't use to happen in the USA either.

The MK has parades from 1991 and 2001 performing daily in 2008. And they aren't even that good to begin with.

But thanks for the kind words.

Be careful, talk like that and you're likely to be accused of being a Jim Hill or Al Lutz fan (those demons!) :eek:. Constructive criticism isn't approved of by many here, who see Disney as infallible...

I can understand some of their points, though, as there are plenty who offer critiques devoid of logic, or act like "everyone" agree with them. However, the idea that we shouldn't critique Disney because "they know more than us, since they run a billion dollar corporation and we don't" is a bit absurd.

Don't let it stop you from posting, though. There are plenty of good folks here who respond to logic and embrace cc of Disney. Your posts here suggest you're one of those folks!

WDWFigment

If Spectro will go to DCA by July 2010 and we will get a new parade in 2011, will there be no nighttime parade inbetween? Seems like really poor planning to me. 2 years is certainly enough time to create a new parade and this would likely mean no nighttime parade at the MK for both summer of 2010 and the entire holiday period (I would assume it would also be missing for most of 2011 since I would imagine this would be new for the 40th celebration in October 2011?). Seems unwise...it would make more sense to have it open "early" in summer of 2010 but still call it "new" for the 40th anniversary celebration in 2011. It would not be the first time Disney called something a year or two old "new"...

Good point--I didn't consider the gap, however, I hope Disney has. I'd imagine the "early" summer 2010 option is more likely, with "soft" openings taking place for the year plus until the 2011 40th celebration. Folks have become accustomed to a night-time parade, and I can't see Disney neglecting to have one for a year plus. Although if talks about the Liberty Square bridge are correct, we may be without one this summer.

On an unrelated note--where have you been lately? I thought maybe you'd 'given up' on WDW... Good to see you back posting!

yellowrocket

i know there was a rumor, maybe 10 years ago, about SpectroMagic coming to the studios, but there wasn't enough room through the streets. Those streets are pretty narrow. Not sure if MSEP would handle them any better -- and with 2 or 3 Fantasmics running some nights, I'm not sure the park would need a night parade. Stars and Motorcars used to run late afternoon anyway.

Off Topic -- the Star Wars Sorcery in the Sky fireworks was one of the best fireworks shows and could still be a great draw to keep the SW fans in the park after dark during the SW Weekends. Too bad they removed the launchers from the back of the Chinese Theatre.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Off Topic -- the Star Wars Sorcery in the Sky fireworks was one of the best fireworks shows and could still be a great draw to keep the SW fans in the park after dark during the SW Weekends. Too bad they removed the launchers from the back of the Chinese Theatre.

And they added that "tacky BIG blue hat" in front of the Chinese Theatre as well.

Back on topic - I don't know the MSEP or Spectro could handle the corner there near the front gate to go backstage. That's a pretty tight corner to navigate with some of those longer floats in both parades.

DizneyPryncess

I have never seen the MSEP! There was a chunk of time when I didn't go to Disney, for years. I would love to see it, even if it's not as good as Spectro, just because I've seen Spectro a few times now.

I wouldn't mind a new or updated parade either =)

dixiegirl

I agree. I understand if people have fond memories of it from way back, thus the nostalgia, but for me, that repetitive electronic music drives. me. crazy.

I'm there with you, I 've never seen it in person, but the music to me is also a bit kinda creepy.....don't know why....just is!

mpaul32001

Just a thought, I think the MSEP woulkd be awesome at Hollywood Studios!

That's Funny, I always thought Spectromagic would have a fitting home at Hollywood Studios...

The theme fits in my opinion, with movies, and music. Music isn't stressed enough at the Studios as it should be. It would be cool over there though!

Kman101

I really like Spectro but I totally prefer the Main Street Electrical Parade. Just has so much nostalgia for me. I look it up on YouTube every so often and just get chills.

WDW1974

Be careful, talk like that and you're likely to be accused of being a Jim Hill or Al Lutz fan (those demons!) :eek:. Constructive criticism isn't approved of by many here, who see Disney as infallible...

I can understand some of their points, though, as there are plenty who offer critiques devoid of logic, or act like "everyone" agree with them. However, the idea that we shouldn't critique Disney because "they know more than us, since they run a billion dollar corporation and we don't" is a bit absurd.

Don't let it stop you from posting, though. There are plenty of good folks here who respond to logic and embrace cc of Disney. Your posts here suggest you're one of those folks!

We'll see how it goes.

Generally, nothing turns me off more than management apologists ... be it for Disney or any other company.

When fans start justifying the WalMarting of WDW it makes me feel like I'm wasting my time and that things will never improve. Hopefully, there aren't too many of those Disney-can-do-no-wrong folks around here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom