MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

doctornick

Not everyone on these boards would agree with you lol. PTNs thumping soundtrack and “When Can We Do This Again” blasting over MKs speakers is not exactly something many on here would be thrilled about lol.
Fair enough. I don’t necessarily favor PTN’s music (though I think it’s fine). But I vastly prefer the upbeat music of MSEP over the boring composition from Spectro. A parade - especially a bright light parade - should have cheerful and brisk music IMHO.

brb1006

It did. IMHO.
DicaprioRightThereGetsIt.gif.84b4313a3f553dc92be843e5cd285253.gif

doctornick

At least Spectromagic's score gave the parade its own identity making it more unique.
Sure it did. I just think that it wasn’t anywhere near as good as Baroque Hoedown. I’m not sure there’s anything wrong with different Disney parks using the same songs - I wouldn’t have wanted MK’s HM or POTC to use different songs than DL just for the same of being unique.

If they want to look at a parade for homage, I’d hope they look to Dreamlights. Just IMHO of course.

TTA94

If they want to look at a parade for homage, I’d hope they look to Dreamlights. Just IMHO of course.

I was thinking there is actually three LED styles they could go with for the new parade. Dreamlights, PTN or also the newer MSEP finale. I would not describe the finale float as the Dreamlights style or PTN.

I really do not expect them to go the Dreamlights route as Id imagine the cost to build those floats was ridiculous not to mention the high maintenance it probably requires. That is not something WDW is going to want to deal with or the cost to maintain it. So I think the best we can hope for is the MSEP finale look.

C33Mom

I was thinking there is actually three LED styles they could go with for the new parade. Dreamlights, PTN or also the newer MSEP finale. I would not describe the finale float as the Dreamlights style or PTN.

I really do not expect them to go the Dreamlights route as Id imagine the cost to build those floats was ridiculous not to mention the high maintenance it probably requires. That is not something WDW is going to want to deal with or the cost to maintain it. So I think the best we can hope for is the MSEP finale look.
I loved MSEP as a kid at DL and was fine with the revival a few years ago…until I went to TDR last summer and saw Dreamlights. I don’t remember the music that clearly (at least part of it is a remix of Baroque Hoedown, IIRC) but the floats were incredible. Seeing the Genie’s effects is the first I’ve felt like a kid watching a parade in decades.

Also, I like the general beat and tempo of PTN’s theme, but something about the main them lyrics (“when can we do this again”) always strikes me as vaguely emo.

McMickeyWorld

I loved MSEP as a kid at DL and was fine with the revival a few years ago…until I went to TDR last summer and saw Dreamlights. I don’t remember the music that clearly (at least part of it is a remix of Baroque Hoedown, IIRC) but the floats were incredible. Seeing the Genie’s effects is the first I’ve felt like a kid watching a parade in decades.

Also, I like the general beat and tempo of PTN’s theme, but something about the main them lyrics (“when can we do this again”) always strikes me as vaguely emo.
f5bc136480ec26b8fe6d82d5a3493acd.jpg

TTA94

Mickey Views mentioned it in his last video before this one and DSNY mentioned it in his latest video.

I noticed DSNY basically took the info from here but was stating the parade will be a daytime and nighttime parade, which I do not think is accurate unless there is some confusion on the definition of a “nighttime parade” and “light parade”. One could argue that MH is nighttime parade with lights.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I noticed DSNY basically took the info from here but was stating the parade will be a daytime and nighttime parade, which I do not think is accurate unless there is some confusion on the definition of a “nighttime parade” and “light parade”. One could argue that MH is nighttime parade with lights.
Yeah that was something I noticed him say but all of the insiders on here have been saying that it's going an actual light parade so I think he just maybe got confused by that.

SpectroMickey85

I would actually say the parade that best fits the daytime/nighttime light parade category would be Mickeys Dazzling Christmas Parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom