MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It’s not the same thing. FoFs entertainment cuts was a TDO / MK leadership level decision. These new entertainment offerings are likely being paid for as CapEx projects. FoF was cut when it returned and has never been restored because they have been spending less to run the parade, to add things now (return to normal) would be an increase in operating expenses.

I’m not defending them, but this is corporate America.
Not blaming you. But that's still not an excuse on their end.

The Leader of the Club

The response that I got when asking why the Brave unit is no longer in the parade is “we like to look forward, rather than backwards,” then a vague “wait until August.” However, I doubt this CM knows any more than we do.

ToTBellHop

It’s not an excuse, but unfortunately it is what it is. The company clearly no longer makes budgeting for live entertainment a priority.
Depends what you mean by “the company”. The Walt Disney Co. has no problem approving new entertainment offerings. TDO doesn’t like to pay to operate them. We’d have more entertainment right now if TDO didn’t drag its feet.

Frustrating, right?

ToTBellHop

Yes. I should’ve been more specific. TDO doesn’t like to pay for entertainment.
I guess, to be fair to them, though, they set WDW budgets out West and it’s silly to approve new entertainment while also demanding operational savings. But that occurs in many industries. At the college I work at, we have this gorgeous new building that just opened but are facing layoffs and benefits cuts. Makes sense.

MagicHappens1971

I guess, to be fair to them, though, they set WDW budgets out West and it’s silly to approve new entertainment while also demanding operational savings. But that occurs in many industries. At the college I work at, we have this gorgeous new building that just opened but are facing layoffs and benefits cuts. Makes sense.
That was kind of the point I was getting at. It is very frustrating but a lot of people on here forget that TDO (while it seems they are just cheap) are also beholden to budget constraints set forth by Burbank.

I don’t know the inner workings of Disneys financials, but I would imagine that TWDC gives TDO a yearly budget that they then break down into different sectors of WDW. So while TWDC may approve a full cast parade as a CapEx project, when it comes down to the following year and TDO doesn’t have the budget to operate the parade as intended, who is responsible?

This could be a very long drawn out discussion but the bottom line is that FoF is not returning to its previous state, likely ever.

ToTBellHop

That was kind of the point I was getting at. It is very frustrating but a lot of people on here forget that TDO (while it seems they are just cheap) are also beholden to budget constraints set forth by Burbank.

I don’t know the inner workings of Disneys financials, but I would imagine that TWDC gives TDO a yearly budget that they then break down into different sectors of WDW. So while TWDC may approve a full cast parade as a CapEx project, when it comes down to the following year and TDO doesn’t have the budget to operate the parade as intended, who is responsible?

This could be a very long drawn out discussion but the bottom line is that FoF is not returning to its previous state, likely ever.
Agreed. We will get a full daytime parade when we get a new parade and not before. And even then, see it during the first year if you want the full show! Same goes for fireworks…they will always give us less if we will keep paying.

TTA94

I'm sorry but if the reason for not returning FOF to full is just "money" that's absolutely unacceptable for a company claiming to be "turbocharging" investment and one that is investing in entertainment right now with things like this new nighttime parade, the drone show, and some of the new entertainment in Epcot yet we can't get back the original FOF? It's unacceptable.

What is really messed up is they took advantage of FoFs hiatus during Covid to cut down on the parade. They knew how desperate many were to have entertainment back even if that meant cuts. Had Covid not happened they would not have easily been able to cut down on the parade because the expectation was there for the full version.

TTA94

Agreed. We will get a full daytime parade when we get a new parade and not before. And even then, see it during the first year if you want the full show! Same goes for fireworks…they will always give us less if we will keep paying.

It is sad we need to feel this way and say stuff like this. I guess we better enjoy the new nighttime parade during its first year. Who knows what will happen to it after that.

MagicHappens1971

TDO must of hated to return HEA/EF and build Luminous in 2023...Right after F! 1.5 opened in November 2022.......

Yeah...TDO spends Money!
I touched on this in one of my follow up posts. New large scale entertainment projects like Luminious are paid for as a CapEx project = additional money that is supplied to TDO for the sole purpose of producing a new show. Returning to HEA didn’t really cost much and Enchantment was technically only supposed to be temporary.

The new Fant was probably paid for by TDO but really wasn’t super expensive.

TDO does not spend money on entertainment unless it absolutely has to.

jrhwdw

The response that I got when asking why the Brave unit is no longer in the parade is “we like to look forward, rather than backwards,” then a vague “wait until August.” However, I doubt this CM knows any more than we do.
I'm guessing this is DOA but.......August 2024??? Would be nice if we had a Full FOF and BTY........

jrhwdw

I touched on this in one of my follow up posts. New large scale entertainment projects like Luminious are paid for as a CapEx project = additional money that is supplied to TDO for the sole purpose of producing a new show. Returning to HEA didn’t really cost much and Enchantment was technically only supposed to be temporary.

The new Fant was probably paid for by TDO but really wasn’t super expensive.

TDO does not spend money on entertainment unless it absolutely has to.
I Don’t think TDO was planning DE/Harm to be temporary...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom