MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

jrhwdw

I didn’t say Harm. I said DE. Harm was removed due to poor guest reception, so then TWDC provided the CapEx funds to produce a new show.

Harm was not supposed to be temporary, no. DE is iffy. Regardless, replacing it with HEA cost next to nothing.
HEA 2023 was not promised when the 50th Started....Steve, Please Correct Me if needed.

PREMiERdrum

I didn’t say Harm. I said DE. Harm was removed due to poor guest reception, so then TWDC provided the CapEx funds to produce a new show.

Harm was not supposed to be temporary, no. DE is iffy. Regardless, replacing it with HEA cost next to nothing.
And, even as poorly as Harm was received, its demise was driven more by sharp declines in profitable waterside dining reservations and dessert parties.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
1717219730122.png

I'm hoping that by periodically posting pictures from SpectroMagic in this thread, I can make it happen. You know, cast a spell of light!

Also, imagine if they replaced the Genie on the music float with Louis from PatF, replaced Sleeping Beauty with Tangled, keep Little Mermaid, replace Fantasia with Encanto (Waiting on a Miracle is in 3/4 time, and Bruno can be adapted to that time signature as well), and BOOM! You've got a hit night parade that pays tribute to what came before and brings in newer, popular IP.

The Leader of the Club

View attachment 788740
I'm hoping that by periodically posting pictures from SpectroMagic in this thread, I can make it happen. You know, cast a spell of light!

Also, imagine if they replaced the Genie on the music float with Louis from PatF, replaced Sleeping Beauty with Tangled, keep Little Mermaid, replace Fantasia with Encanto (Waiting on a Miracle is in 3/4 time, and Bruno can be adapted to that time signature as well), and BOOM! You've got a hit night parade that pays tribute to what came before and brings in newer, popular IP.
My idea for a new Spectro would be to center the parade on different genres of music:
A jazz segment with the Princess & the Frog and Soul, a Mexican twist with Coco & Three Caballeros, a Calypso rhythm with Little Mermaid, etc.
Keep the opening and closing portions and you’ve got a recipe for a great Spectro 2.0

TTA94

View attachment 788740

In the perfect world Spectro could have been WDWs Dreamlights where they continue to upgrade and swap out floats with new IP.

Touchdown

Also....

We don't know if EU will have Big Nighttime Entertainment. So people(most likely Orlando APs) might do EU early or most of the day and at MK for HEA/Night Parade. ESP if what we get is close to Spectro...

This should have been corrected long ago!!! MSEP left MK for DL in Oct 2016, and just let OUAT & Wishes/HEA carry MK Nights till March 2020! Crazy!!
EU will have Big Nightime Entertainment. There is a massive pond with elaborate fountains at the end of Celestial Park by the hotel as well as a firework launch site behind it. There will be a show.

brb1006

My idea for a new Spectro would be to center the parade on different genres of music:
A jazz segment with the Princess & the Frog and Soul, a Mexican twist with Coco & Three Caballeros, a Calypso rhythm with Little Mermaid, etc.
Keep the opening and closing portions and you’ve got a recipe for a great Spectro 2.0
Keep the Pixar characters out of a modern version of Spectromagic! Keep it focused on characters from Disney's own Animated Films. Pixar has been overused at the US Disney Parks for over a decade now.

TTA94

Boy, they better do a good job with this. They've got a revolution on their hands after today.

Well we were already warned to temper our expectations on what we will be getting. It is unfortunate we had to be told that but this is now a days Disney, especially WDW. From what others have said in this thread it’ll be more upbeat PTN, less majestic SpectroMagic. For some I’ll be shocked if this parade isn’t yet another eye roll like everything else Disney has been doing as of late, but at least MK is getting back something it hasn’t had since 2016.

dreamfinding

Well we were already warned to temper our expectations on what we will be getting. It is unfortunate we had to be told that but this is now a days Disney, especially WDW. From what others have said in this thread it’ll be more upbeat PTN, less majestic SpectroMagic. For some I’ll be shocked if this parade isn’t yet another eye roll like everything else Disney has been doing as of late, but at least MK is getting back something it hasn’t had since 2016.

I’m just glad that FoF will hopefully be laid to rest. It’s been a faithful parade, but I dislike how it currently exists.

TTA94

I hope so. That is the way parades should be at a theme park.

Not everyone on these boards would agree with you lol. PTNs thumping soundtrack and “When Can We Do This Again” blasting over MKs speakers is not exactly something many on here would be thrilled about lol.

doctornick

Not everyone on these boards would agree with you lol. PTNs thumping soundtrack and “When Can We Do This Again” blasting over MKs speakers is not exactly something many on here would be thrilled about lol.
Fair enough. I don’t necessarily favor PTN’s music (though I think it’s fine). But I vastly prefer the upbeat music of MSEP over the boring composition from Spectro. A parade - especially a bright light parade - should have cheerful and brisk music IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom