Most under-rated Disney movie

bjlc57

OH my gosh.. how can you forget...

Well some one mentioned Black Beards ghost.. and the sword in the stone, and of course 20,000 leagues under the sea ..KIRK DOUGLAS SINGS..

but come on people.. not one mention.. not at all.? for a DISNEY CLASSIC OF ALL TIMES>. Not a bite , a growl or a SNIFF FOR...

OLD YELLER?

who didn't cry at the end of OLD YELLER? which one of you?

enchanted_belle

I just rewatched Meet the Robinsons the other night... I went down for my spring break senior year (2007) and asked Wilbur to be my prom date because I loved his hair (he said yes).

Though, my favorite is still going to be Newsies... seriously, Christian Bale singing. Though I have heard, on rare occasion, them playing some of the score around DHS, but many wouldn't recognize it.

I also agree with Enchanted and Mulan, both were great movies.

WDWGoof07

In the corner of the poster it says Paramount Pictures. I don't think this was Disney.
Look a little up and to the left: it says "Paramount Pictures Corporation and Walt Disney Productions". I don't think this was produced in-house by Disney, but they probably co-financed it.

wsmith1978

Well some one mentioned Black Beards ghost.. and the sword in the stone, and of course 20,000 leagues under the sea ..KIRK DOUGLAS SINGS..

but come on people.. not one mention.. not at all.? for a DISNEY CLASSIC OF ALL TIMES>. Not a bite , a growl or a SNIFF FOR...

OLD YELLER?

who didn't cry at the end of OLD YELLER? which one of you?

Oh yes! Old Yeller! I forgot. Definitely a favorite. And yes, I :cry:d

Master Gracey 5

Taking an "underrated" movie to be a great movie that is rarely mentioned among Disney's best or doesn't get any much love in the parks, then my favorites that I would consider underrated are definitely:

Animated - Brother Bear - Cute movie with clever writing, good message and great characters. I think if it hadn't been in the whole "we'll have Phil Collins sing all the songs" era, it would have been a classic.

Live Action - Bedknobs and Broomsticks - Great movie with some fine actors. Got totally overshadowed by Mary Poppins, but I'd say its just as good with some wonderful songs.

Also deserving consideration: Rescuers Down Under, The Great Mouse Detective, Flight of the Navigator and Tall Tale.

Mr Wizard

Emperor's New Groove. Not Disneys crowning achievement in animation, and David Spade only goes so far with me. But the dialogue, little asides and inside jokes are great.

Animaniac93-98

In the corner of the poster it says Paramount Pictures. I don't think this was Disney.

It was one of two films (the other was Popeye) co-produced by Disney and Paramount. On DVD in Europe it is distributed by Disney under their label.

dragonslayer-dvd-cover-art.jpg

nobody is saying Return to Oz.... :lookaroun

I love that one! Always good for scaring kids.

So pleased to see people mentioning titles like Rocketeer, Happiest Millionaire and Black Hole (its cheesey fun).

But these lists are always fun becuase some of the movies mentioned make no sense to me. Enchanted? The film has a 92% approval rating on RT and sold nearly 5.4 million DVD copies within a years time. One Hundred and One Dalmatians? Another title with continued success over the decades in theatres and on video.

Is theme park presence really necessary for determining what is "under-rated"?

JIMINYCR

To add a few more: Toby Tyler (with the chimpanzee Mr. Stubbs), Greyfriar's Bobby (another Disney dog classic that makes the tears run), Lt Robinson Crusoe,U.S.N. (starring ________ Van )
This post not only highlights the great films but brings to mind those films that I've not watched in years. Makes me want to start film night at home.

Mulan. My daughter loves this movie. Mulan not only speaks up for herself but is physically strong too. Great combination for little girls to look up to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom