Most under-rated Disney movie

Bri1121

I loved enchanted!! Tangled is brand new and I heard there is a meet and greet at MK!

I love this list. So many great movies, driving to Disney in the summer and going to get some of these(hopefully) for the kids to watch!

SleepingMonk

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

This was a Disney movie?

DragonslayerPoster.jpg

I want to change my vote now.

Bulldog1653

There are a lot of Disney movies that were badly underrated and forgotten.

Song of the South was one of the movies that I honestly wish that they would re release. I know to some people think that this comment is controversial and I am NOT trying to stir up trouble.

As far as other movies go, here is my list.

Sword in the Stone
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
The Rescuers
Brother Bear (BTW, the voices of Rutt and Took are done by the same guys who did Great White North and the movie Strange Brew. I saw Strange Brew many years ago and about feel over laughing when I heard them doing Brother Bear).

WDW_Emily

Oliver and Company & Meet the Robinsons.

Meet the Robinsons in my favorite Disney movie. It has an awesome message and that ending makes me tear up every time (I'm a sap lol).

Crockett

Banned
The Watcher In The Woods

Watcher+in+the+Woods+Lynn-Holly+Johnson+Bette+Davis+Kyle+Richards.jpg

The Watcher In The Woods scared the daylights outta me as a kid. A very well-done, creeeepy horror film. Hard to believe Disney made this.

Watcher in the Woods still scares me!

I find that most of the 50's-60's live action movies are under-rated. Toby Tyler is one of my faves and one I never hear anyone mention. As well as Summer Magic and Pollyanna, both great Hayley Mills performances. I loved The Nine Lives of Thomasina as a kid although having watched it recently, I had to wonder why, it was sort of a dark movie.

rodserling27

OMG I love looking around websites gathering this information.. so here's deh list!

Mulan
Sword in the Stone
A Bug's Life
Robin Hood
Fox and the Hound
The Great Mouse Detective
Tarzan
Antlantis: The Lost Empire
The Kid
Treasure Planet
Oliver & Company
Ducktales: The Movie
A Goofy Movie
Emperor's New Groove
The Country Bears
Homeward Bound
Pocahontas
The Adventures of Ichabod
Dinosaur
Hercules
Brother Bear
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Enchanted

-----------------------------------

I think Disney could've made the most interesting dark ride with "A Goofy Movie", that movie doesn't get what it deserves and is among my favorites! I also enjoy the 2nd goofy movie.

Great list!!! (Exception might be "Country Bears"...) "Adventures of Ichabod" is what I consider to be CLASSIC Disney!!! Disney's "The Kid" with Bruce Willis, great flick, not a classic, but it IS certainly underrated. "Homeward Bound" made me cry as a little kid at the ending, oh man...really great movie.

And of course "Enchanted" just blew me away. I can't believe it's not more popular, even if it kind of is lampooning the typical Disney Princess film.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Its nice to see all the love for Meet the Robinsons. That movie was really well done, and remains eminently re-watchable. The most re-watchable of all Disney movies, is IMO, Ratatouille. I am not sure if it can be considered underrated or not, but it does not seem to get the same love as Toy Story, or UP, or Monsters Inc. But I think it is the best effort from the Pixar team.

Also, I saw the Ducktales movie in that long list posted before. anything Ducktales is awesome as far as I am concerned. I grew up on the Disney afternoon and have a major soft spot for Ducktales. In fact, the Ducktales theme song is currently my ringtone.

Stunnerr22

There are so many, especially some of the more recent ones. I'll narrow it down to three.

1. Treasure Planet
2. Hercules
3. Meet The Robinsons

powlessfamily4

Little boys make everything better, don't they?

Yes! My son was 2 or 3 when this movie came out on video. He loved it. He was so tired of the Little Mermaid. My daughter insisted we watch it a thousand times a day. I really loved Rescuers Down Under because the animation was awesome and the theme of protecting endangered speices was taught to the kids. It was great to see an average little boy represented, complete with backpack and sandwiches. LOL

This past Nov. I was walking through Epcot with my son and he smiles and said "liste, it's the Rescuers". Awesome moment for me as a Mom since he is over 20 now! :)

montyz81

Meet the Robinsons by far. It is interesting as it has the most potential for play in the parks then most other movies. Tomorrowland (Todayland as it says int he move) in every single MK park and Futureworld in Epcot.

stewdog1

Emperor's New Groove has always been under-rated. Probably because it was completely re-written during the middle and is seen by the company as a black sheep. I will say however, that the original two-disc DVD was awesome with how much special features it was given. At the time, one of the best Disney had done.

I still haven't seen Treasure Planet or Brother Bear. I need to get those and watch with the kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom