Most romantic dinner on property?

Walter Yensid

Original Poster
I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the most romantic on-property restaurant for dinner. My wife, daughter (2.5), and I go down in July when my parents are there. On one of the nights, my parents will babysit, while we enjoy a romantic night out. Thought I would ask for everyone's great opinions here.

FYI...I proposed to my wife at Cinderella's Castle (Peter Pan brought the ring out in the glass slipper on the red pillow and everything...good old Disney touch). We like it there for this obvious sentimental reason, but honestly, I think the food has trailed off a little the last few times we went there.

I wanted to do something totally different. Any other ideas? I appreciate the advice.

PoohBear119

A few different places come to mind... There is always Victoria and Albert's and then you could stroll the beach at GF afterwards. You could also try California Grill during fireworks. Good food and a view of the MK is never bad.

Have a wonderful time!

happymom52003

We chose Narcoosee's to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had window table with a view of the castle. The Grand Floridian has a very romantic atmosphere, in my opinion.

On our upcoming trip we will be celebrating our 11 year anniversary at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.

HollyBelle

Another vote for Narcoossees! And I think this beats the Cali Grill in fireworks viewing as well... especially if you go outside on the porch. And then you can wander around the Grand Floridian after dinner.

whendoweleave?

I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the most romantic on-property restaurant for dinner. My wife, daughter (2.5), and I go down in July when my parents are there. On one of the nights, my parents will babysit, while we enjoy a romantic night out. Thought I would ask for everyone's great opinions here.

FYI...I proposed to my wife at Cinderella's Castle (Peter Pan brought the ring out in the glass slipper on the red pillow and everything...good old Disney touch). We like it there for this obvious sentimental reason, but honestly, I think the food has trailed off a little the last few times we went there.

I wanted to do something totally different. Any other ideas? I appreciate the advice.

My wife still raves about the Grand One 2 years later. Not sure what your budget is and i must say its VERY expensive but she still says its better than any other gift she has ever received in her life.
You rent the Yacht,choose what ever you like to eat and drink and have one on one service. Then at the end of the night you sit on the back of the boat and watch wishes.
Like i said its far from cheap and i don't know your budget but its a very memorable and romantic meal.

DizneyPryncess

The California Grille during fireworks is the most romantic place I've ever been! My husband & I went just a little over a week ago. We requested a window seat, and we got lucky enough to get one. When the lights dimmed, the the fireworks started, I got very teary! It was a memory I will always cherish. I can't imagine anything being better. :)

gspin2k1

Just had our dinner at Victoria and Alberts 5/20/09. I can't compare it to the other "romantic" restaurants since the only other real signature restaurants we did at WDW was Jiko and CRT. But our dinner at V&As was definitely very romantic.

~G

Walter Yensid

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies, everybody. Tough choice, but seems like I cannot go wrong...

And thanks DisneyPrincess. But, I must admit the Peter Pan was not my idea (don't think I would have the 'pull' for that one...haha). Just plain old Disney magic. Before I pop the question and the ring comes out, Captain Hook is chasing Peter Pan outside the windows of Cinderella's Castle (on the back side, of course). Next thing I know (and later find out) is the staff grabbed him to have him bring the pillow out. For all the people who think Disney magic is gone, this was a perfect example of a whole staff of people who were definitely sprinkled with pixie dust that day. Just amazing experience and never to be forgotten for the rest of our lives. And to top it off, they took pictures of the whole thing, so we will always have it.

Kind of off-topic to everyone, but interested to know...how often does Captain Hook chase Peter Pan on that trellis? I honestly have never seen it and I have been to MK a lot. Just did not know if it was a daily thing or every so often. The proposal was 5 years ago at 6pm, so not sure if it was part of a regular performance in front of the castle or something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom