News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Glad this is being called out by some fairly prominent people. Hopefully they correct this, but they really need to get a grip on whatever processes at the parks are allowing this and other issues to slip through. It continues to boggle the mind that things get such uneven treatment.

Like was previously said, if imagineering is no longer involved in these decisions, it makes it super easy to drop the ball.

LittleBuford

Glad this is being called out by some fairly prominent people. Hopefully they correct this, but they really need to get a grip on whatever processes at the parks are allowing this and other issues to slip through. It continues to boggle the mind that things get such uneven treatment.
The part that really confuses me is why they thought the existing tiles couldn’t be salvaged. Sure, there were patches of damage, but well-made ceramics (which those were) are extremely hardy, capable of being maintained for literally centuries even outdoors.

Disstevefan1

Failure2.jpg

Disstevefan1

1983:
King Hassan II actually sent Moroccan artisans to design and create the many mosaics.
2024:
Newly hired supervisor, fully trained in ESG and DEI, in order to be fully inclusive and to create a safe work space, gave the interns designing this work full creative freedom to design what feels good.

Animaniac93-98

I feel like Morocco has been running on auto pilot since 2020.

The lack of sponsor, combined with a lack of IP tie in and willing to invest, has let the pavilion fade into the background.

The tile work seems to be a symptom of this. Get some refresh work done while other pavilions are doing it, but don't stretch resources too far, because we don't know what to do with the space and it's not a priority to figure out.

Disstevefan1

There's zero need for ideological trolling. It adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.
This is obviously not a safe space to exercise my creativity ;) Who ever approved this tile job really blew it.

Let me try again -
1983:
King Hassan II actually sent Moroccan artisans to design and create the many mosaics.
2024:
They used some tile they had laying around and had day labor install them.

Disney Analyst

The part that really confuses me is why they thought the existing tiles couldn’t be salvaged. Sure, there were patches of damage, but well-made ceramics (which those were) are extremely hardy, capable of being maintained for literally centuries even outdoors.

At this rate I’d rather they have left it, patched as it was, if this was the only other option.

Those tiles are an offence to my vision.

LittleBuford

Honestly, I could see Morocco being replaced with another country in the future.

It's probably the only way we'd get a new WS country...if it's another reskin like so many other new attractions of late.
How on earth could a "reskin" achieve this? They'd have to knock down the minaret and massive archway to even begin to untether the pavilion from Morocco. The architecture is not generic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom