News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

eddie104

Photos from as recently as 2023 show that the tiles were in good shape. Had the powers that be wanted to reuse them, they certainly could have. Alas, they decided to cut corners (and get rid of genuine art) instead.
I’m confused as to why this pavilion has been closed for so long as it doesn’t contain any rides?

donaldtoo

Good grief.
I took the first pic many years ago, and there’s just no comparison…bathroom floor, indeed.

E4992D1A-BE43-443C-B32C-D07286D5617F.jpeg
EA6597FF-0888-465D-8211-BCB4505D878B.jpeg

LittleBuford

This is really terrible. Disney should be embarrassed at what this suggests about what this suggests regarding how far their standards have dropped since the pavilion opened. They would have been better off leaving the original tiles with some patch-up jobs than this.
And then they have the cheek to boast about their commitment to "research" and "authenticity"! Talk about empty rhetoric!

LittleBuford

I hope the tiles only temporary until they are able replace the original ones.
I very much doubt it.

The good thing is that the zellij tile tradition remains very much alive, which means that it would at least be possible to revert back to the old aesthetic should the pavilion ever come under the care of someone who actually knows what they're doing.

eddie104

An email to guest relations has been sent, would urge everyone else to take a moment and do the same if possible.
It doesn't go unnoticed.... They aren't even using imagineering for these decisions anymore, they all come from inept park management, and for some reason epcot continues to have the worst.
I was about to say why didn’t that X post not @ WDW for goodness sake?

If they think fans don’t care about details like this decisions will continued to be made that are baffling like this one.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
An email to guest relations has been sent, would urge everyone else to take a moment and do the same if possible.
It doesn't go unnoticed.... They aren't even using imagineering for these decisions anymore, they all come from inept park management, and for some reason epcot continues to have the worst.

I wonder when that changed regarding not having Imagineering involved (Chapek Era?). When I worked at the parks around 2008 there were some changes being done to one of the merch kiosks on Main St., I was told that everything HAS to be approved by WDI before it can be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom