More Fairies ... At WDW?

WDW1974

Original Poster
It sure sounds like it.

I was going to post this in the 'bash Al Lutz because he's right about 90% of the time and he likes DL a whole lot more than WDW' thread, but felt it would be lost. And not in the good way like the TV show.

But the Tinker Bell/Disney Fairies dark ride that Al alluded to for DL's old Motorboat Lagoon was actually created for the upcoming Fantasyland redo. That was confirmed to me today in a talk with a Disney 'pal' ... have no idea whether it's still 'on' but this attraction was/is supposed to be a major one and located on part of the Tentland site.

It will also likely find a home in Shanghai.

Tink and the Fairies are a VERY important franchise for Disney going forward, so I've got a feeling there are going to be even more fairies at WDW in the years to come ... and let's face it, there are oodles of them as is:drevil::D:cool:

SirGoofy

Conundrum actually posted this earlier, but still I am very happy at the prospect.

Honestly if two dark rides are included in the redo, I'll be a happy camper.

Animaniac93-98

For what it's worth 74 I don't mind you postin' this rumor. MK needs all the rides it can get and as much as I'd agree with the sentiment behind quote two of my post, I'll take pretty much anything I can get for this park. Bring on the Fairies!

WDW1974

Original Poster
For what it's worth 74 I don't mind you postin' this rumor. MK needs all the rides it can get and as much as I'd agree with the sentiment behind quote two of my post, I'll take pretty much anything I can get for this park. Bring on the Fairies![/QUOTE]

I agree with absolutely everything you just wrote.

And I do need to be careful here because I don't want to hurt anyone's employment, but wherever/whenever this happens I do know it is a substantial attraction. Maybe not Mermaid level, but not far off.

I also have no idea where this fits with any of the other 'plans' that have leaked (like those 'net faves of Beauty and the Beast replacing Snow White, which lost steam with me when I saw the new dining facility on those blueprints, or the SW mine train coaster -- something I always assumed would simply be redressing the existing kiddie coaster and enclosing it).

Disneyson 1

I doubt it'll be a "Darkride" per se, just an outdoor boat tour with decent theming. I can picture it now, you ride through a garden with a multitude of flowers, dancing fountains and lights. Alongside the river are mini Fairy houses. If we're lucky we get a few little bird and chipmunk Animatronics. You see the fairies (in miniature) flying around overhead. Then you get to the part with the giant grass blades and exit into a meet-n-greet with merch.

In essence, it's most likely just Pixie Hollow moving.

imagineer boy

I eagerly await responses such as:

"AL LUTZ IS A LYIN' SCUMBAG I TELLZ YA! HE'S WORSE THAN HITLEROBAMA'S HEALTH CARE PLAN!..."

"I don't want girly stuff in MK, where's my TRON dark ride!!"

"It's not coming! My ex-wfie's bus driver's boat driver's lawn mower hamburger selling..."

"(insert JT BS here)"

"At least it's not Sticth..."

"I wub Tinkerbelle, she's my fav princess, everyone know she better than Cindyerella! I cain't wait!"

For what it's worth 74 I don't mind you postin' this rumor. MK needs all the rides it can get and as much as I'd agree with the sentiment behind quote two of my post, I'll take pretty much anything I can get for this park. Bring on the Fairies!

I nominate this for post of the month! :sohappy::lol:

Its just so true!

aladdin2007

theres no chance of this tinkerbell ride replacing peter pans flight is there? For some reason I keep worrying they are going to do away with pan, I dont know what makes me feel that way but if they ever did...:fork:

jt04

theres no chance of this tinkerbell ride replacing peter pans flight is there? For some reason I keep worrying they are going to do away with pan, I dont know what makes me feel that way but if they ever did...:fork:

Never happen. It's a classic like HM.

Animaniac93-98

I nominate this for post of the month! :sohappy::lol:

Its just so true!

Indeed it is, isn't it?

I do hope this attraction incorporates the small nighttime pond show from Disneyland. That's something everyone can enjoy and would add alot of colour and kinetics to Fantasyland.

A outdoor boatride sounds like a nice idea, but given Florida's rain, heat and humidity I think I would like it to be indoors instead. More like Gran Fiesta but with better theming.

NiarrNDisney

Since I have never been to DL can someone tell me where this old Motorboat Lagoon is located on the DL map. I'm curious is the area near Autopia the place in question? :shrug:

~Edit~ Are we discussing the lagoon in MK where the Swan boats used to sail?

nemofinder22

Since I have never been to DL can someone tell me where this old Motorboat Lagoon is located on the DL map. I'm curious is the area near Autopia the place in question? :shrug:

~Edit~ Are we discussing the lagoon in MK where the Swan boats used to sail?

Its directly across from the Matterhorn load/unload, all thats left of the old motor boat lagoon is the the load/unload of it and the rest was filled in and turned into a meadow, with an emergency exit from the Sub tunnels.

EPCOTPluto

"At least it's not Stitch..."

"I wub Tinkerbelle, she's my fav princess, everyone know she better than Cindyerella! I cain't wait!"
:ROFLOL:

Seriously, I would love to see anything new to the MK. :)

And the first three were somewhat true..... :lookaroun:lol:

SirGoofy

DAMNIT! And we still don't have Lion King, Pocahontas, or Aladdin ride?

Lion King has a show in DAK, the Circle of Life in EPCOT, is represented in Philar, and is represented in Fantasmic!

Pocahontas used to have a show in DAK and has the largest Character representation (other than Mickey) in Fantasmic.

Aladdin has a ride(a crappy one, but it's a ride none the less).

jt04

Lion King has a show in DAK, the Circle of Life in EPCOT, is represented in Philar, and is represented in Fantasmic!

Pocahontas used to have a show in DAK and has the largest Character representation (other than Mickey) in Fantasmic.

Aladdin has a ride(a crappy one, but it's a ride none the less).

Pocahontas is back at AK. :)

_Scar

For the biggest Disney animation film, the Lion King deserves a multi million dollar e-ticket somewhere. You'd think how they out Tink, they'd out a more popular movie that easily beats tink with both genders. Plus, Pocahontas gets a lot of criticism in F! for not being too great (if you compare our F! to DL's). Lion King Show is the best of all you presented, but is that reall saying much? These classic modern movies deserve some attention, and if you think they already have some then they need even more attention.

The Conundrum

It sure sounds like it.

But the Tinker Bell/Disney Fairies dark ride that Al alluded to for DL's old Motorboat Lagoon was actually created for the upcoming Fantasyland redo. That was confirmed to me today in a talk with a Disney 'pal' ... have no idea whether it's still 'on' but this attraction was/is supposed to be a major one and located on part of the Tentland site.

It will also likely find a home in Shanghai.

Tink and the Fairies are a VERY important franchise for Disney going forward, so I've got a feeling there are going to be even more fairies at WDW in the years to come ... and let's face it, there are oodles of them as is:drevil::D:cool:

haha I finally beat you to insider info. I posted this news in the MK thread this morning :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom