Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

Ismael Flores

I had also wondered about the height restriction for a monsters inc coaster and what options are there to allow guests of all ages to experience parts of it.

I always thought that WDI should consider adding sections of some rides where people that can't get on it could experience them.

For example, splash mountain final show scene is enjoyed by guests of all ages when they go past it on the train. The original Indiana jones design for the ride had the train and the jungle cruise entering a section of the ride. Sadly neither one made it into the final design.

How about building the monsters Inc coaster with enough clearance under it in a certain section to allow a portion of a darkride. not sure what kind of ride system they had planned but how about a coaster system that moves slowly thru a few darkride scenes sharing the upper portion of the show building while a darkride vehicle uses the bottom portion inside a shared showroom. Just like in the movie the coaster would go I to another room and speed up and go thru it's fast section. The darkride vehicle would still maintain the family friendly speed at bottom level with visuals all around it.

misterID

I had also wondered about the height restriction for a monsters inc coaster and what options are there to allow guests of all ages to experience parts of it.

I always thought that WDI should consider adding sections of some rides where people that can't get on it could experience them.

For example, splash mountain final show scene is enjoyed by guests of all ages when they go past it on the train. The original Indiana jones design for the ride had the train and the jungle cruise entering a section of the ride. Sadly neither one made it into the final design.

How about building the monsters Inc coaster with enough clearance under it in a certain section to allow a portion of a darkride. not sure what kind of ride system they had planned but how about a coaster system that moves slowly thru a few darkride scenes sharing the upper portion of the show building while a darkride vehicle uses the bottom portion inside a shared showroom. Just like in the movie the coaster would go I to another room and speed up and go thru it's fast section. The darkride vehicle would still maintain the family friendly speed at bottom level with visuals all around it.
Fun bit of trivia, that Indiana Jones Mine Train coaster was actually built. It was turned into Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Cars at Kong Disneyland, where the bad guys were turned into bears. Eddie Soto was behind the Jones coaster and confirmed it to me when I showed details to him. They also used the geysers from another design he had. He thought it was hysterical. Ideas never die at WDI.

redshoesrock

(Not to mention the logic of putting an IP aimed primarily at children on a ride system with a 48” height restriction)

Unless, of course, they instead choose to gut the building to install a more properly intense coaster better in line with the demographic of Monsters, Inc. That would, IMO, make much more sense.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
This rumor is about as dumb as GOTG taking over Tower In DCA and we all know how that turned out. I'm concerned.

Jones14

Why concerned? Why is Aerosmith so untouchable?
I'd imagine, in the hypothetical world where this is the next DHS project, that the outcry is because the park will need new attractions and more capacity even more than it does now. It's not so much Aerosmith as it is "Why ruin a perfectly good ride that draws crowds when you could build something where launch bay is, further down Sunset, etc. that would actually solve some of the park's problems?"
It's the same line of thinking as TGMR to Mickey.

Kman101

I'd imagine, in the hypothetical world where this is the next DHS project, that the outcry is because the park will need new attractions and more capacity even more than it does now. It's not so much Aerosmith as it is "Why ruin a perfectly good ride that draws crowds when you could build something where launch bay is, further down Sunset, etc. that would actually solve some of the park's problems?"
It's the same line of thinking as TGMR to Mickey.

Oh, I get that. I've championed new builds instead of replacing what's working, but it's a coaster with minimal theming on the track. I wouldn't be too upset if they did re-theme it, but yes, they need ADDED capacity not replacements. It's not at all a priority but I wouldn't be that mad if they did decide to replace it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I may be in the minority (for those who have been on it) but I've been on Ride and Go Seek a few times in TDL but didn't think it was that great, then again I'm far from their target audience...though I always love going on Winnie the Pooh

jt04

They're not. But this isn't broken. It doesn't need fixing.

Well it doesn't need to become a Monsters Inc door coaster. On that we can agree.

Jim Hill' s rumor stretches the length of the park nearly. Zootopia at DAK seems downright reasonable by comparison. Yikes.

Kman101

The two posts below yours explains.

And yes, don't mess with the Aerosmith coaster, especially for another cheap overlay no one asked for.

Build something new, you lazy unimaginative !@#$s.

I think what's there is fairly cheap, it's a coaster with highway signs lit up, but the park needs to add things. I've always said that. I've been complaining about that fact for a long time now.

Thebolt

The obvious thing to do about Aerosmith is to swap them for another more relevant band, but keep everything else pretty much the same
I.e. Change it to Biebers DUI experience, the Miley Cyrus wrecking ball race etc... ;-)

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I think what's there is fairly cheap, it's a coaster with highway signs lit up, but the park needs to add things. I've always said that. I've been complaining about that fact for a long time now.

You can say the same thing about a lot of attractions. I like those cheap highway signs.

There is plenty of room to add new things without butchering what is already there.

Thebolt

Something that I have been pondering over since the plans for TSL and SWL were announced was the Star Wars Land Effect (my term :))...

They are (quite reasonably) treating the Star Wars expansion with some caution. If it creates the sort of demand you'd anticipate; the obvious way to expand is towards the Muppets and Indiana Jones.

Disney could relatively easily convert those to Star Wars movie attractions (but not so easily theme the suroundings).
Doubtless many would hate having repainted studio Star Wars next to a highly themed land, but personally I'd love a Muppets / Star Wars mashup 4D movie (Princess piggy, Kermit Skywalker...) and a Star Wars stunt show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom