Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Uncle Remus

He does love Disneyland. That's why he contributes heavily to MiceChat. It's not that he dislikes WDW. The man used the same words when Disneyland was in shambles back in the 90s and early 00s. He talked bad about the Disneyland suits then the way he talks about the WDW suits now. I believe his wording for WDW is quite appropriate right now. The place needs help and could use a person like Al Lutz to tell the truth and not really care about how the so-called fans feel. That's what helps get things done. That, media coverage, new people and different attitudes. That's what has been helping Disneyland.

Just like in sports. When the fan base starts getting restless that's usually when management starts making changes for the better.

Longhairbear

He does love Disneyland. That's why he contributes heavily to MiceChat. It's not that he dislikes WDW. The man used the same words when Disneyland was in shambles back in the 90s and early 00s. He talked bad about the Disneyland suits then the way he talks about the WDW suits now. I believe his wording for WDW is quite appropriate right now. The place needs help and could use a person like Al Lutz to tell the truth and not really care about how the so-called fans feel. That's what helps get things done. That, media coverage, new people and different attitudes. That's what has been helping Disneyland.
So true.
I was not a fan of Al back in the old days of the newsgroups. He is the only game in town for news about DLR, and is usually correct. He is not, and never has been anti WDW. He is pointing out what a lot of my favorite posters on this site have been saying for a long time. WDW is not at all the quality theme park resort it used to be. I haven't been in 3 years, and have no intention of wasting my hard earned money on going to a sub par Disney resort. I am a member of DVC, and now use my points at DLR.
I am not anti WDW, I am prudent with my available vacation expenses. WDW is no longer a quality vacation destination. It hasn't been for a number of years. There is nothing new to see, or do. I certainly will not stand in line at the Fantasyland expansion for hours for a sub par lunch. I deserve better for the prices charged.
When we do go back to use our DVC at WDW, it won't be to see the tired old stuff at WDW, it will be used as our bedroom, and place to come back to after venturing off property to more interesting places.

Mickey_777

All I'll say is Al Lutz potatoe chips takes shots at WDW for no apparent reason sometimes. Even when the topic has nothing to do with the east coast resort, it seems he grasps to dish out a WDW zinger just to scratch an itch he has.

"Disneyland does ______ very well, unlike WDW."

"DLR gets it right and oh by the way, WDW gets everything wrong."

"While you can expect _______ to be great at Disneyland, WDW just sucks."

LOL (I elabrated a bit on that last one there :) ) But the other examples are pretty accurate for his columns.

GiveMeTheMusic

All I'll say is Al Lutz potatoe chips takes shots at WDW for no apparent reason sometimes. Even when the topic has nothing to do with the east coast resort, it seems he grasps to dish out a WDW zinger just to scratch an itch he has.

LOL (I elabrated a bit on that last one there :) ) But the other examples are pretty accurate for his columns.

Your scientific and quantitative analysis of the writings in question have no doubt changed many people's minds.

Do some archival digging to see the stuff he wrote about DL from the mid-90's through 2004 - nasty stuff. He's not anti-WDW, he's anti-clueless Disney execs, regardless of which resort they work for.

baymenxpac

vice president quayle...is that you?!

anyway, lutz wrote a gigantic apologist piece a few months back basically essentially saying, "LOOK! WDW is bigger, so fans don't realize where the money goes!!" which, of course, is silly.

like most things, often times a slant can be assumed because of the filter it's going through. it's like how every baseball fan think joe buck hates their team.

Mickey_777

Your scientific and quantitative analysis of the writings in question have no doubt changed many people's minds.

Do some archival digging to see the stuff he wrote about DL from the mid-90's through 2004 - nasty stuff. He's not anti-WDW, he's anti-clueless Disney execs, regardless of which resort they work for.

I've read some of his columns and that's the feeling I get when I read his stuff. Let me be honest, I don't really care. Dig thru Micechat archives? I'm too busy with life.

MickeyMind

TS
TSMM at DHS isn't a success?

The only reason it has long lines is because there are only about 2 other rides in the park you can take the whole family on, star tours and the great movie ride. My 3 year old cant ride rock n rollercoaster and tower of terror and the great movie ride terrifies him because of the predator and western scene. So the only 2 ride options we really have at that park is tsmm and star tours. Backlot is not worth it at all, and the shows are really redundant. Dhs needs the biggest overhaul of all the disney parks imo. They need a buttload of family rides added.

Sped2424

You're not the only one, LOL. I'm going to a D23 event, Disneyland (most likely), Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel (I'm turning 21!) and the Disney Soda Fountain in Hollywood. I'm going to Universal Studios as well. I was going to go to the San Diego Zoo but it was too last minute.
Hahah Sounds like we are both going to have good birthdays this year!!!! Im super jealous I have always wanted to go to the soda fountain!!

ToTBellHop

The only reason it has long lines is because there are only about 2 other rides in the park you can take the whole family on, star tours and the great movie ride. My 3 year old cant ride rock n rollercoaster and tower of terror and the great movie ride terrifies him because of the predator and western scene. So the only 2 ride options we really have at that park is tsmm and star tours. Backlot is not worth it at all, and the shows are really redundant. Dhs needs the biggest overhaul of all the disney parks imo. They need a buttload of family rides added.
If your 3-year old can ride Star Tours, he can ride ToT. Both are 40".

disneyeater

It's the same draw. It just doesn't have Fastpass clogging up the lines.

Telling me why you think it has long lines doesn't change the fact that it is a big draw. It attracts a large number of people.

Sped2424

If your 3-year old can ride Star Tours, he can ride ToT. Both are 40".
He is not saying he is incapable he is saying those rides would probably scare the living snot out of any 3 year old as a Kid I wouldn't ever go near tower of terror and when you are 3 and its all the more real, I wouldn't put my kid through something they didn't wanna do at that age especially if it terrified them.

Sped2424

Telling me why you think it has long lines doesn't change the fact that it is a big draw. It attracts a large number of people.
Yeah and the fastpasses for that ride always go out at like 12 on busy days I have only ridden it once because every other time I decided I wasn't going to wait 80 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom