Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Sped2424

No freaking way... That's my birthday, too! You and I both have 24s in our usernames. We had the same birthday and didn't even know it!
:eek: Its a small world Indeed!! Thats awesome I guess me and you are kinda stuck on that number huh? Welp our birthdays are almost coming up!!

lego606

MagicBandit
...and the ironic part is...

...wait for it....

it's a clone of the DHS BAT! :D
In related news, a TDO official spotted a similar hat recently, which he believes was installed last week. This is his first visit to the park in 15 years.

The unnamed official announced that the hat should be kept as a testament to Walt Disney's imagination, Mickey Mouse dreaming, and MAGIC.

Ignohippo

Al Lutz wrote that Disneyland is developing a Phase 2 to DCA and it includes a Monsters Inc. mini-land replacing part of the Hollywood section with a new door coaster and a new facade and enhancements to the dark ride there.

So I thought since TDO only likes to clone successes, if this happens (and becomes a success) are our chances for a door-coaster growing?

After waiting for it for this many years, Disneyland getting the Door Coaster before DHS would be the ultimate kick in the teeth.

Sounds about right.

Disday

While there may be some truth to what Al Lutz said about MI coaster, you have to watch for his anti-WDW slant. Sometimes he doesn't give the whole story, like to my knowledge he's never even mentioned Disney Springs. While the MI coaster may or may not be coming to DHS, it is coming. I believe they have something special planned for it.

Californian Elitist

While there may be some truth to what Al Lutz said about MI coaster, you have to watch for his anti-WDW slant. Sometimes he doesn't give the whole story, like to my knowledge he's never even mentioned Disney Springs. While the MI coaster may or may not be coming to DHS, it is coming. I believe they have something special planned for it.

Lutz isn't anti-WDW. He just hates what they're doing with WDW out there in Florida.

Sped2424

how awesome would it be if the coaster had you standing?
tumblr_lju2hrUrAx1qbl5mqo1_500.jpg

Now imagine that but as you go through doors that show different dark ride like scenes of various places and you could even have one room where randall is camouflaged in only to show up and scare the heck out of everyone. I really want this coaster to happen now.

Sped2424

Lutz isn't anti-WDW. He just hates what they're doing with WDW out there in Florida.
shes right and with good reason he doesn't care for how they operate especially on the whole pinny pinching attitude towards attractions. That attitude still makes no sense for me cars land and potter land is living testament build something great and they will come and spend tons of money.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
how awesome would it be if the coaster had you standing?
tumblr_lju2hrUrAx1qbl5mqo1_500.jpg

Now imagine that but as you go through doors that show different dark ride like scenes of various places and you could even have one room where randall is camouflaged in only to show up and scare the heck out of everyone. I really want this coaster to happen now.
I'm not a big fan of the standing coaster. We've had one here at Canada's Wonderland for decades.
They're not comfortable for the gents if not height adjusted exactly right (if you catch my drift) and even a perfunctory height adjustment check for each passenger takes an inordinate amount of time.

Californian Elitist

Welp me and my friends are going to the be our guest restaurant for dinner and then drinking around the world at epcot :) very disney cliche I know hahah how about you?

You're not the only one, LOL. I'm going to a D23 event, Disneyland (most likely), Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel (I'm turning 21!) and the Disney Soda Fountain in Hollywood. I'm going to Universal Studios as well. I was going to go to the San Diego Zoo but it was too last minute.

Rob562

Nah, he takes an anti-WDW slant in most things that he posts, even when WDW does something right, like the Haunted Mansion refurb (the interior one, not the queue). He might not outright bash WDW, but his choice in how things are worded leaves the impression that he loves Disneyland and really doesn't like WDW.

It's like Joe Buck calling the play-by-play of a Red Sox game on Fox. By his choice in words and phrases, you can tell that he doesn't like the Sox.

-Rob

PeterAlt

Al Lutz wrote that Disneyland is developing a Phase 2 to DCA and it includes a Monsters Inc. mini-land replacing part of the Hollywood section with a new door coaster and a new facade and enhancements to the dark ride there.

So I thought since TDO only likes to clone successes, if this happens (and becomes a success) are our chances for a door-coaster growing?
They cloned Mermaid and Toy Story Mania and these weren't big successes.

TP2000

While there may be some truth to what Al Lutz said about MI coaster, you have to watch for his anti-WDW slant. Sometimes he doesn't give the whole story, like to my knowledge he's never even mentioned Disney Springs.

Why would Lutz mention Disney Springs? Al Lutz is a Disneyland blogger, and his online articles deal exclusively with Disneyland news. WDW comes up occasionally in passing, but not as a major topic. His audience is primarily West Coasters, and he writes for them and their interest in Disneyland.

This Monsters Inc. Door Coaster news for Disneyland Resort only involves WDW because it was a concept rumored back in 2008 as coming to DHS. It didn't go to DHS, obviously. It may show up in the future at DHS, but it now appears to be a leading contender for placement in California Adventure too.

PeterAlt

Hopefully great minds think alike and they will build that parking structure in my monorail expansion proposal and expand DHS at the current parking lot!

Hehe.... Here's to wishful thinking!

Californian Elitist

Nah, he takes an anti-WDW slant in most things that he posts, even when WDW does something right, like the Haunted Mansion refurb (the interior one, not the queue). He might not outright bash WDW, but his choice in how things are worded leaves the impression that he loves Disneyland and really doesn't like WDW.

It's like Joe Buck calling the play-by-play of a Red Sox game on Fox. By his choice in words and phrases, you can tell that he doesn't like the Sox.

-Rob

He does love Disneyland. That's why he contributes heavily to MiceChat. It's not that he dislikes WDW. The man used the same words when Disneyland was in shambles back in the 90s and early 00s. He talked bad about the Disneyland suits then the way he talks about the WDW suits now. I believe his wording for WDW is quite appropriate right now. The place needs help and could use a person like Al Lutz to tell the truth and not really care about how the so-called fans feel. That's what helps get things done. That, media coverage, new people and different attitudes. That's what has been helping Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom