Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
While I like the ride ideas, if this is all DHS would be getting...I think they'd need to rename the park to Disney's Pixar Studios. All Pixar additions, nothing else? Not a good idea in my opinion.

Bring in more Star Wars or Indy. More Muppets. More original concepts.
Not all Pixar.

If they did it all Pixar, might as well move every other Pixar attraction to Studios while they're at it too!

This would be one expansion that in my opinion does a whole lot for DHS. They already have a Pixar land but they should expand it. Moving Pizza Planet would provide an opportunity then to expand Star Wars or Muppets.

Turtle

Al Lutz wrote that Disneyland is developing a Phase 2 to DCA and it includes a Monsters Inc. mini-land replacing part of the Hollywood section with a new door coaster and a new facade and enhancements to the dark ride there.

So I thought since TDO only likes to clone successes, if this happens (and becomes a success) are our chances for a door-coaster growing?

doctornick

If this happens, I've got to think that the door coaster is destined for DHS (and probably first) as well. DHS has an essentially empty building and a definite need for more capacity and has been pretty far in the planning stages for putting the door coaster in Soundstage 1. WDW and DHS in particular need the capacity more desperately than DCA does.

MUTZIE77

Al Lutz wrote that Disneyland is developing a Phase 2 to DCA and it includes a Monsters Inc. mini-land replacing part of the Hollywood section with a new door coaster and a new facade and enhancements to the dark ride there.

So I thought since TDO only likes to clone successes, if this happens (and becomes a success) are our chances for a door-coaster growing?
sounds like this could be a situation like TSMM and Mermaid, where they were sort of built on both coasts at the same time. I thought I saw a 2016 opening date in that article, that seems to be the same time frame for DHS if it happens.

jt04

They will get MI right after they finish expanding Frontierland, adding 2 E-tickets to Tomorrowland, a third gate that includes Marvel and Star Wars and a top secret super duper surprise attraction at DCA.

TP2000

sounds like this could be a situation like TSMM and Mermaid, where they were sort of built on both coasts at the same time. I thought I saw a 2016 opening date in that article, that seems to be the same time frame for DHS if it happens.

That's what I thought when I read the Al Lutz article too. A cloning situation like Mania or Mermaid, but more like Mania because they'll probably both open within a few months of each other instead of 18 months apart.

That corner of California Adventure is rather sad looking.
IMG_2984-M.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.c...hotos/28778635_WwR2Fs#!i=2443125985&k=crmVvwc

They use MuppetVision more for the latest Disney Studios 3D preview than they do for MuppetVision in recent years. MuppetVision can be sent to Yesterland (sorry Henson fans, the huge "relaunch" of the Muppets franchise planned since Bill Clinton was in office never happened). A Monstropolis mini-land with the Monsters Inc. dark ride and the Door Coaster, plus a Monsters shop and/or restaurant, would do wonders for that dead corner of DCA.

It seems they'll have to announce SOMETHING at D23 Expo in August, with all these rumors floating around. And another vague photo of Avatarland Styrofoam blocks isn't going to cut it.

bhg469

The next big thing better be Lucas land, star wars ville, hothtopia, or tatooine town. Nothing else will suffice nor make sense. The acquisition of star wars is the opportunity to blow us away. I cannot accept anything less than a Potter sized endeavor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom